CascadaThon 3-FINISHED!!

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Re: CascadaThon 3-WE NOW HAVE BANNER AND SIG. GET YOUR SIG N

Post by TwilightChrono » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:58 pm

Beta has been sent and the OP has been updated with my new sources.

Let me know your thoughts guys.

Here's my critique of my beta:

I think the beta is very solid up until the :34-35 Mark. After the girl raises her hand with the bright light effect, everythign aftre just seems slower than the rest of the vid. I think thats where I shold transition back to Deadman Wonderland. As everything after 34 is just so slow.

Other than that, I think it's ready to go. I'll wait for your opinions, but I think after I fix the above mentioned issue I think it could be good to go.

Thoughts?
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

Inan
Another one
Org Profile

Post by Inan » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:22 pm

What i think is that you should get rid of the deadman thing and haruhi and stick to dancing bitches because the animation style is different and i dont think it should switch back from a dance themed anime to something more horror and such. Itll look awkward as fuck and yeah the tracks pace does slow down a bit

-Kyros-
Org Profile

Post by -Kyros- » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:56 pm

TwilightChrono
I don't like DMW part but for rest :up:
Good Track

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:56 pm

Inan wrote:What i think is that you should get rid of the deadman thing and haruhi and stick to dancing bitches because the animation style is different and i dont think it should switch back from a dance themed anime to something more horror and such. Itll look awkward as fuck and yeah the tracks pace does slow down a bit
That's essentially my opinion. The dancing bit is entertaining, but the DMW part just isn't really melding well.

Also, I think the intro credits could be put before your track starts and use a different Cascada song there. I'd like to see your full track with dancing. ;)

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:39 pm

CodeZTM wrote:
Inan wrote:What i think is that you should get rid of the deadman thing and haruhi and stick to dancing bitches because the animation style is different and i dont think it should switch back from a dance themed anime to something more horror and such. Itll look awkward as fuck and yeah the tracks pace does slow down a bit
That's essentially my opinion. The dancing bit is entertaining, but the DMW part just isn't really melding well.

Also, I think the intro credits could be put before your track starts and use a different Cascada song there. I'd like to see your full track with dancing. ;)
I made those specific credits parts for the first part of my track. So those are gonna stay. But I can make the rest of the track dancing if you wish. I told you guys from the get go though that that small amount of credits will be placed in the first 15 seconds of my track. Thats why the credits were designed the way they were. The actual credit credits will come at the end. As much as I would like to put editing at the first 15 seconds, I feel it's more important to have that 15 seconds build the mood and anticipation as opening credits. :awesome:

Whereas the epic credit credits version with the Cascade Like Jagger will come in at the end of the MEP. If you would like. I can make 2 seperate versions. 1 For The Con Premiere, which will be the credits version at the first 15 seconds, and after the premiere a version with actual editing. Up to you Code. But I really would prefer to keep those credits at the first 15 seconds. I think it builds anticipation.

Thanks for the input guys. I'll get to work using AKB0048 since that's what you guys want and I"ll scrap DMW. :)

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:28 pm

I pretty much agree with everyone else above. If you want a buildup, you can always use the opening or some of the more elegant dancey scenes in the anime so it doesn't have to necessarily be credits. Alternatively, if you really want to keep those credits at the start, I'd advise readjusting the ones in the version that'll get shown at the end. A different colour theme, different font and a different animation style will help change the feel of it so it doesn't feel like you're just copy/pasting stuff.

SatoshiSakura:
I don't really like the beta, some scene choices are weird and I'm just not feeling anything from it. I do get what you're trying to show and the lyrics do fit Nezumi to some extent but I think you can do better in terms of scene selection especially since 0:19 is perfect. You could keep what you have from 0:00-0:02, until the scene where his leg comes in and replace it with the one at 0:05/0:06 of his face. Then I'd advise using scenes from another section because it starts to get draggy and long. If you could maintain the same sort of style throughout, I think it'll look good. :)

Inan
Another one
Org Profile

Post by Inan » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:47 pm

TC i think if you are gonna keep the little intro thing you got going, because honestly as a viewer im trying to watch an AMV not read so i think you should shorten it.

I mean it isnt important for everyone to know that code is compiling it, or if you are the coordinator, because if they actually DO want to know they can just read the description because thats usually the stuff that goes there.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:19 pm

BUT I DEMAND RECOGNITION! D:

Kidding. I think they're great, but I do still think it would be better to have the first of your track actually be the first of the MEP. Think about Cascadathon 2. If the first 10-15 seconds of my first track had been credits, would it have been as good?

The credits can still be there, just before your track. ;)

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:48 pm

CodeZTM wrote:BUT I DEMAND RECOGNITION! D:
You made my day. Spit Soda all over my Monitor.

I'll see what I can do. I just don't have any ideas of how to edit those first 15 seconds. "To the beat here goes you don't stop, to the beat here goes you don't stop, to the beat here goes you don't stop"..........Ideas? Cause honestly, AKB0048..........I don't see any of it going there. But I se it perfectly for the rest of the track.

Inan
Another one
Org Profile

Post by Inan » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:39 pm

Well honestly its not like you are lyric syncing the entire track, because its just dancing bitchess for the entire thing, kinda random but it looks good.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”