The Fame Monster - uploaded! - Check announcements thread!

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: The Fame Monster - Lady Gaga MEP [10/14 TRACKS TAKEN]

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:43 pm

Actually, yes, I'd love to see it too. Partly so I can review it and party because i want to make sure my follow-up track actually goes with the flow. XD

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:28 pm

OMG RIDER. GRELL HATH INSPIRED ME. :3 This weekend? TEH EDITZ of Sexiness. Probably with several different sources too. I'm amazed at how a chainsaw weidling wild Grell brought that all out in me, but I'm feeling the gaga and feel more confident now. :3

I have to echo about the visual quality and lip sync that Aimo mentioned. a little move "movement" with Grell and it would look really adorable, or perhaps a different scene choice to do the lip sync.

Also, HOW THE HELL DID you make a starwipe look classy? O_o

EDIT: Don't forget to crop the black lines off the left/right sides. You are notoriously bad for forgetting that. :nono:

EDIT2: Oh, and I edited a beta. :oops:

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:08 pm

Rider: The scenes themselves are excellent. I just felt like some parts could do with a little adjustment but if you want me to review it like a full beta then here goes! :3
Spoiler :
0:14 - I don't like the chroma-ing here with Sebby's eyes. It just doesn't look neat and I personally feel like it can do without, or you could always put another scene there instead(maybe Sebby looking at Grell in disgust or shock? XD Though I watched Black Butler quite a while ago so I don't really remember much.)
0:17. Fade out the scene before to black and then blur/flash in the candle scene, it'll give more impact to the start of the verse. ;) For "disease" I think you might want to look for another scene just so it doesn't feel so long. I'm also not sure why those scissors appear afterwards. Grell at 0:21ish stays on far too long. You could keep the lipsync idea but use another scene to divide that section into 2 parts? I LOVE the cookie cutter idea you have going on afterwards, it fits really well. :up: Mind I suggest also changing the scene at the top middle cutter? Just so it's also synced with the other 2 cutters. :P I also think you can bring the star wipe transition a few frames early because it looks a tiny tad offtime. A long black fade out for the scene at 0:32 would be nice too. The cutter at 0:36 going up the side...how about changing it to being a still cutter next to the one on the right? It's just the way it moves will distract the eyes from the other scene which has good lipsync. Oh and lastly, add some contrast to the first 8 seconds to bring out the colour of Grell's hair more, it'll help bring out...how to say it...uh...his feminine side? :rofl: I think that will go well with the song. :P
And just fire your beta off to the other members, if they don't help beta-test I'll be having a talk with them. ;)

Code: I REALLY like this idea you have just now. The first few seconds have great impact! :up: Also is that Mawaru Penguindrum by any chance?
Spoiler :
My biggest nitpick just now is the pacing is really slow at parts since you used alot of static scenes without much movement, especially at 0:58-1:02. And for a chorus, it needs to be fast and intense, leave the mood building for the lyrical parts. :P Also I don't understand the bike scene at 0:52 at all, unless it was to show him chasing after the truck? In which case, you might want to add in an additional short scene that shows him on the bike to help clarify things.
Otherwise I think you captured the "dark" romance you wanted pretty well. ;)

Edit: As for the transition between your 2 segments, I was thinking a black fade out for Riders and a short flash in for Codes since the sharp zoom at the start of your part goes well with the music. :3
Last edited by AimoAio on Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MystykAMV
Org Profile

Post by MystykAMV » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:17 pm

hey! I also want to see that beta!

but can you do something Aimo? I don't want to always ask for it T_T I want people to send me their beta without saying! xD

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:26 pm

MystykAMV wrote:hey! I also want to see that beta!

but can you do something Aimo? I don't want to always ask for it T_T I want people to send me their beta without saying! xD
I'll forward the link to you via PM. ^^ Remember to send your beta to other members guys! I don't mind forwarding it if you forget but I rather not accidentally spam people's inboxes. ;) Although if you want me to do a rain-check on it before showing the other members then just send me the link in the PM and I'll tell you my feedback back through PM(do say so when you're sending it otherwise I'll just post it in the MEP thread). I do rather post my thoughts in the thread though because this way others can see what I think and either add/object to my points. ^^

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:50 pm

Sorry, I was just gonna get a general bit of feedback from you and Rider first before I committed to this idea. XD But it's fine if you forwarded it already to mysty, my biggest fears of seeing "CODE THIS SUCKS AND YOU WILL BE MURDERED VIOLENTLY" is alleviated.

I'll definitely work on the pacing and speed it up in the middle. :3

So yeah, swap my anime to Mawaru Penguindrum. I was surprised at how well it really fit. :up:

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:11 pm

CodeZTM wrote:"CODE THIS SUCKS AND YOU WILL BE MURDERED VIOLENTLY"
Me? Murder? Violence? NEVER. :ying:

Jokes aside, the idea is really good. :3 Well I like it anyway so don't worry.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:32 pm

AimoAio wrote:Rider: The scenes themselves are excellent. I just felt like some parts could do with a little adjustment but if you want me to review it like a full beta then here goes! :3
Spoiler :
0:14 - I don't like the chroma-ing here with Sebby's eyes. It just doesn't look neat and I personally feel like it can do without, or you could always put another scene there instead(maybe Sebby looking at Grell in disgust or shock? XD Though I watched Black Butler quite a while ago so I don't really remember much.)
0:17. Fade out the scene before to black and then blur/flash in the candle scene, it'll give more impact to the start of the verse. ;) For "disease" I think you might want to look for another scene just so it doesn't feel so long. I'm also not sure why those scissors appear afterwards. Grell at 0:21ish stays on far too long. You could keep the lipsync idea but use another scene to divide that section into 2 parts? I LOVE the cookie cutter idea you have going on afterwards, it fits really well. :up: Mind I suggest also changing the scene at the top middle cutter? Just so it's also synced with the other 2 cutters. :P I also think you can bring the star wipe transition a few frames early because it looks a tiny tad offtime. A long black fade out for the scene at 0:32 would be nice too. The cutter at 0:36 going up the side...how about changing it to being a still cutter next to the one on the right? It's just the way it moves will distract the eyes from the other scene which has good lipsync. Oh and lastly, add some contrast to the first 8 seconds to bring out the colour of Grell's hair more, it'll help bring out...how to say it...uh...his feminine side? :rofl: I think that will go well with the song. :P
Spoiler :
k i'll keep all that in mind, except for upping the contrast on the first 8 seconds. i technically already did. those first episodes of grell are REALLY dim. you should have seen it before i adjusted it. if i mess with it too much i'm worried it'll look obvious that i did something and not look good.

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:52 am

I have a very short beta available if anyone would like to look at it, just lemme know. I'm still encoding the remainder of the episodes (4/13 done) which is why it's so short.
Feel free to send me your betas as well (:
Image Image

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:20 am

Rider4Z wrote:
Spoiler :
k i'll keep all that in mind, except for upping the contrast on the first 8 seconds. i technically already did. those first episodes of grell are REALLY dim. you should have seen it before i adjusted it. if i mess with it too much i'm worried it'll look obvious that i did something and not look good.
Ok that's fine. ^^ Remember what I pointed out were just suggestions, you don't have to go with all of them if you feel uncomfortable with adding/changing your track. It's just something you might want to consider.
Taite wrote:I have a very short beta available if anyone would like to look at it, just lemme know. I'm still encoding the remainder of the episodes (4/13 done) which is why it's so short.
Feel free to send me your betas as well (:
Me want! :awesome:

Oh and for now, I'll leave you guys to send each other the betas whenever you feel it's ready. ^^

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”