Lucid Nightmare - The Halloween MEP [Compiling]

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
FadingSundown
Org Profile

Re: The Halloween MEP : [7/7 Tracks Taken] [Final Due: Oct

Post by FadingSundown » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:46 pm

Beta testing:
Kireblue (opening): It think the colours are too light. It gives me a really daytimish feeling. It is okay if it is bright in the beginning, but it would be better if it turned darker when we go to the house scene and after that. Also, the text is a bit too obvious, I dont know if you use AAE, but if you do, maybe you could put a little bit of roughen edge on it, that would make the text more unrefined, less font like (I am really bad with explaining things, so if you dont follow, im completely at fault).

Kireblue (ending): I like the pictures in the frames, though I think the beginning is still too bright. I still get that daytime feeling. Maybe you could mask out the frame of the painting too and make the background darker. Also, does your part seem to be in a bad quality, or is it just me ><?

Code: I have to say it, I love the zombie with 'am I scaring you tonight' part! At 0:08 you have a really loud beat (from the drum) and maybe it would be nice if you hit it. Maybe you could do a zoom-in transition at 0:21, that might look good :3. Also, maybe a little bit of more contrast xD.

Aimo: I love it! The colours look much more intense now, just like I had in mind! Nothing more to add, reallly good final :3!

Kazemon: Uhm, some of this feedback I kind of quote from my previous feedback on your beta, because I can still see it (you never really answered on my feedback, so I dont know if you overread it or if you kept it the way it was). At 0:08 and 0:49 the movement looks unnatural, I dont know the anime so I dont know if it was like that or if you did it. I'm not really a fan of 2 layers on top of eachother (for example at 0:18 and 0:31) but I guess that is just me. Love the ending though. Also, just like I said to Aimo, I think your part could use more contrast to intensify the colours.

Sorry for my inactivity xD. I had to be a last-minute drop in for a MEP from the studio im in, so I worked in that instead of posting here ><. I put my (final?) beta on the sheet. I removed the lip-flip flap at 0:33. I replaced the lips by masking, so if the movement is a bit off, tell me. For the opening/ending I will put a zip in the sheet tomorrow or the day after. Yumekui merry sometimes has a rather 'childish' drawing style, so most pictures I can find arent creepy but with donuts ><.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:57 pm

Thank you very much for all your feedback throughout the whole MEP FS. Very helpful. :)

AT the same time, I also want to thank you for your final version. EDIT: I'll watch it soon. Misread your post and thought you had an actual final. XD :up:

EDIT: Looks pretty good in my opinion. Nothing really stood out to me that needed fixing. Nice job on lip syncing the first bit, looks much better now. :3 So I'm good getting a final out of this one. :)

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:49 pm

FadingSundown wrote:Yumekui merry sometimes has a rather 'childish' drawing style, so most pictures I can find arent creepy but with donuts ><.
Merry likes her donuts. XD You might be better off just taking screencaps off the show itself.

Also I agree with Code about your beta, it looks ready to be a final but are you sure you don't want to add something at 0:15 to sync the background vocals there? Just the scene there that was synced to the main vocals feels a little long. Maybe just add a small overlay?

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:08 pm

FadingSundown wrote: Yumekui merry sometimes has a rather 'childish' drawing style, so most pictures I can find arent creepy but with donuts ><.
Don't worry about finding stills. I've already taken all the stills that I need from the beta that you uploded a while ago. I just need the footage.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:07 am

kireblue wrote:
FadingSundown wrote: Yumekui merry sometimes has a rather 'childish' drawing style, so most pictures I can find arent creepy but with donuts ><.
Don't worry about finding stills. I've already taken all the stills that I need from the beta that you uploded a while ago. I just need the footage.
FadingSundown, nevermind about the footage. I just downloaded the clean OP of the Yumekui Merry, and it has all the scenes that I need.

Edit: I just added a new beta for track 1. If no one has any objections to it, then it can be the final.

FadingSundown
Org Profile

Post by FadingSundown » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:01 am

Thank you so much kireblue :3! Yumekui Merry OP is a really good idea yeah, I didnt know the clean OP excisted already ><. Thanks again, Kire ^^!
AimoAio wrote:
Also I agree with Code about your beta, it looks ready to be a final but are you sure you don't want to add something at 0:15 to sync the background vocals there? Just the scene there that was synced to the main vocals feels a little long. Maybe just add a small overlay?
I dont quite understand by what you mean with this. Do you mean that i could put a moving overlay on top of that that moves to make it more interesting or do you mean something else xD?

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:11 am

FadingSundown wrote:
AimoAio wrote:
I dont quite understand by what you mean with this. Do you mean that i could put a moving overlay on top of that that moves to make it more interesting or do you mean something else xD?
Yeah something like that, it just feels like something was missing that's all.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:13 pm

I love it kire! You made the first transition for my bit very easy too. :3 /hugs

Maybe some kind of creepy overlay on the last part in the frame? Like a red/dark blue just to make them all seem more uniform? Aimo/FS will probably have a good idea on that if it's something that should be done or not.

Otherwise, nicely done. :up:

FadingSundown
Org Profile

Post by FadingSundown » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:42 pm

Kireblue: I love the way you darkened the beginning because it looks really creepy now :3! For the type of font you used, I dont especially like it. Here are a few suggestions of fonts I think could be better instead of the font you're using now:
Spoiler :
I personally like seedy motel, and Im not sure whether you should use payday, because it is in 'boxes' so that probably wont look good in the pictures. These fonts are just suggestions ofcourse xD.

Also, I think that the footage for Code's track is too light. And you may want to add a little contrast to the footage in the frame (except Aimo's footage), that'll intensify the colors (im sorry if I am repeating myself alot about contrast). The background behind the frame is still a bit too light, so you could use an overlay such as Code suggested to not only give it all the same tint, but also darken it all might be a good idea. Or, you can darken it the same way as you in beginning, that could give it a creepier look.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:56 pm

FadingSundown wrote:Kireblue: I love the way you darkened the beginning because it looks really creepy now :3! For the type of font you used, I dont especially like it. Here are a few suggestions of fonts I think could be better instead of the font you're using now:
Spoiler :
I personally like seedy motel, and Im not sure whether you should use payday, because it is in 'boxes' so that probably wont look good in the pictures. These fonts are just suggestions ofcourse xD.

Also, I think that the footage for Code's track is too light. And you may want to add a little contrast to the footage in the frame (except Aimo's footage), that'll intensify the colors (im sorry if I am repeating myself alot about contrast). The background behind the frame is still a bit too light, so you could use an overlay such as Code suggested to not only give it all the same tint, but also darken it all might be a good idea. Or, you can darken it the same way as you in beginning, that could give it a creepier look.
I actually really like the bloody font that I used. Does anyone else think that I should change it? If everyone wants me to, I can easily make the adjustment.

In terms of background behind the frame, I'll adjust it some more. And I'll darken the inside footage a bit a well.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”