AMV Salad 6...next stop: ZENKAIKON

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
SammySamaProductions
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 6...now open!

Post by SammySamaProductions » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:04 am

HEY! I found a clip from 4 I never finished.....oooopppssss... but I shall work on that and send it in for six! I got the old "until they bite their heads off" jingle from goldfish and put it to Ponyo...yes I'm evil....muwahahahhahhaaha! I may touch that up and send it in now...*shrugs*

If you'll have me I'm prepared to come aboard for another year captain! *salutes*
ImageImage
ImageImage

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:09 am

Sammy:
You kidding?
What would I do without you? ;)

Gael:
And if the N word seems like it might be a problem, you can always exercise some creative censorship.
You know how to do that. :P
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

SammySamaProductions
Org Profile

Post by SammySamaProductions » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:43 am

All righty then! Let's all work extra hard this year guys so MoonBunny can have some what of a break lol *wink*
ImageImage
ImageImage

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:38 pm

I honestly don't know what to do for an intro ^^ I may have outdone myself with the Dr. Who intro... and teh 3 weeks of work it took. I sincerely hope I can come up with something, or someone else can come up with something cool for an intro that will keep it up as a good drawing factor.

And of course, we've gotta keep the credits in mind as well ^^

Anyway, I've already got many ideas in the wings, and I'll get started earlier this time once I get a job again.
ImageImageImage

SammySamaProductions
Org Profile

Post by SammySamaProductions » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:22 pm

Hope to hear back from everyone after Irene passes. Already started battening down just incase. Everyone be safe and hope you're not hit too hard.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Bonehimer
Org Profile

Post by Bonehimer » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:48 am

Gaelstrom wrote:...
Anyone think I'd be overstepping if I used Stinkmeaner from Boondocks? ^^ Pretty much no way to avoid the 'N' word (got I hate having to type that shit out when referring to a word) in that situation, but I'm wondering if it'll matter to anyone ^^
Deuce Loosely wrote:Gael:
And if the N word seems like it might be a problem, you can always exercise some creative censorship.

Just show the audience you are self aware about it and directly follow it with a Michael Richards clip.

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:01 am

Bonehimer wrote:
Gaelstrom wrote:...
Anyone think I'd be overstepping if I used Stinkmeaner from Boondocks? ^^ Pretty much no way to avoid the 'N' word (got I hate having to type that shit out when referring to a word) in that situation, but I'm wondering if it'll matter to anyone ^^
Deuce Loosely wrote:Gael:

Just show the audience you are self aware about it and directly follow it with a Michael Richards clip.
Only thing I could think of was being ironic, and having Bob from Tenjou Tenge be the one screaming it or something... but he never really screams ^^ But Bob calling all the other Japanese people there 'Nyegkuh' in that absurd way Stinkmeaner says it made me smile ^^ Although the alternative works for when he possesses Tom and just use the line "OH YEAYUH!! AH'M GONNA HAVE SEXSHUAL RELATIONS WIT' YA'LL!!" Oh well, I'll play with it ^^
ImageImageImage

Bonehimer
Org Profile

Post by Bonehimer » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:47 am

Though of another idea using the projects tittle.
But don't know of any anime with graffiti, closest thing I now of is Jet Set Radio.

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:53 pm

Bonehimer wrote:Though of another idea using the projects tittle.
But don't know of any anime with graffiti, closest thing I now of is Jet Set Radio.
Haha! I liked that, but my initial impressions are it probably wouldn't work ^^ The way they're talking only really works in the context of someone obviously trying to act, and that doesn't translate well into anime, because most characters look more exaggerated by default. The only way I could see it working is if the characters' pupils were animated to look like they were reading something below/above the screen like they are in the clip. There may be other ways, but that's the only thing that comes to mind. With the lack of graffiti, this'd be a clip I'd cut down the audio because its jokes are kind of far between, so the clip could get boring pretty quick if it's not sped up. Usage of a badass character like Kusanagi as the female cop would be potentially amusing, since someone as cool as Kusanagi reading a script like that makes me chuckle just thinking about it.

Some potential there, but definitely requires a lot of work to make it work.
ImageImageImage

SammySamaProductions
Org Profile

Post by SammySamaProductions » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:24 am

Hey everyone! Now that we have power back I wanted to check in. So far so good over here. The hurricane knocked down several trees last night but as far as I could tell in the dark nothing hit the house or the cars, my neighbors weren't so lucky. Hope those of you closer to the cost are okay and didn't suffer too much damage. My brother who was staying on the Eastern Shore during the storm called early yesterday afternoon and was all like "OMG this is so cool! There are white caps in the creek!" -_-*
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”