Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Project Chroma Blitz

Post by Radical_Yue » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:26 am

Project Name: Chroma Blitz
Style Of Music: Happy Hardcore/Drum 'N Bass
Coordinators: Kisanzi & Radical_Yue

Style/Theme: This MEP doesn't really have any theme other than...awesome :D As for the style, we're looking for heavily stylized editing as compared *insert pretty intro footage here* Granted, this doesn't mean that every track has to be an effects extravaganza but it would be nice to see our editors get creative and really own their tracks with some solid editing and maybe some custom effects. (Hint Hint - The title is "Chroma Blitz," maybe try something with color?)
We spent quite some time sifting through CDs to get together great selection of dynamic music that should prove really fun to edit to. We're looking for editors who will put in some serious time and dedication to really give life to some epic music and to have an awesome time in the process :D

Deadline for Betas: September 14th, 2011
This first deadline is just to make sure that you've actually got a concept and are working on the video. We're not asking for a masterpiece but as long as we can tell you've got something going on, we're good.

Semi-Final Beta: October 14th, 2011
By now, your track should have formed quite a bit more and we're looking to at least see the basic concept starting to be fleshed out.

The FINAL final: November 14th, 2011
At this time, if you're not done finished with the final version submitted...then feel free to say your goodbyes to friends and family members. You won't be joining them for the holidays. :|

About Deadlines: I'm the self-appointed deadline nazi. I understand that real life happens, so if you need an extension, you had better talk with me and we'll work something out. If we hear nothing from you and the deadlines comes and goes, consider yourself out. We're looking for editors who mean serious business, so if you can't bother to message me to say "It'll be a couple days late due to *insert real life problem here*" then you obviously don't really care about being in the project. I may be a harsh mistress, but I'm not unreasonable.

The Full Mix:

Click Here To Download the High Quality MP3 of the Mix

Auditions:We've decided to go with the audition route for this project. We want to make it known that everyone is allowed to try out. We'd love to get some of our friends from outside the US in on this monster :) Let it be known that even though we have friendships within the AMV community, we will NOT be letting them come into account while assigning the tracks. We're looking for editors with specific types of editing styles and abilities, not our bestest friends in the whole wide world. While it would be fun to have friends involved, the judging will be completely unbiased. We'll be looking at your work, not at how many times we've hung out and got drunk together.

So, to audition simply post your top 3 favorite segments from "Absolute favorite, zomg I want this one" to "While it's not my first, I'd still be stoked to get this one."
Next to the segment you want please post any anime/series you currently have in mind for it so we can try to avoid multiple people that want to use the same sources. If you're not sure on your sources yet, feel free to update your original post later or you can not post any source ideas whatsoever. BUT, keep in mind...if someone else signs up for a segment and lays claim to the source that you ultimately decide on, they had first dibs so the source is theirs and you have to find something else.

In addition to posting the segments you want, please post 1-3 videos you feel would be good references for us. Either videos using similar styles of music or editing, or just the best you have to offer. These will be used to select who gets what segment and who is chosen as a back-up, so show off your best stuff!

Quick Note About the Auditions: I just want to state once more that the only reason we're doing this "Audition-Style" is so we can try to get a wide-variety of editors in on this project without turning it into a "first come first serve" MEP. So please, don't think "Oh, they think they're so hot that I have to AUDITION for their MEP?!" It's NOT like that at all >.>

Example
My top 3 segments in order are:

Segment A "Connected" pt. 1 - Ah! My Goddess
Segment B "Connected" pt. 2 - Munto (TV)
Segment C "Shake Your Body" pt. 1 - Baccano!

Here is my previous work:

*insert two more videos if you desire to do so*

The Segments:

-- Track 1 -- "Connected" - Darwin

00:00 - 00:40 - Introduction - Connected - Kisanzi
00:37 - 01:11 - Segment A - Connected pt. 1 - Shinzo (Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica)
01:09 - 01:52 - Segment B - Connected pt. 2 - OkamiRvS (Fresh Pretty Cure! or Suite Pretty Cure! or HeartCatch Pretty Cure)

-- Track 2 -- "Shake Your Body (Jakazid Breaks Mix)" - Shy FX & T-Power FT. DI

01:51 - 02:37 - Segment C - Shake Your Body pt. 1 - Open
02:35 - 03:19 - Segment D - Shake Your Body pt. 2 - Open
03:15 - 04:03 - Segment E - Shake Your Body pt. 3 - Open

-- Track 3 -- "Love Can Be Real" - VAGABOND feat. Wotsee & Tails

04:02 - 04:56 - Segment F - Love Can Be Real pt. 1 - Scofield_NL (Macross Frontier)
04:54 - 05:28 - Segment G - Love Can Be Real pt. 2 - MystykAMV (Rosario to vampire)
05:27 - 06:21 - Segment H - Love Can Be Real pt. 3 - Mamo!

-- Track 4 -- "Stargazer (Reese Remix)" - Entity

06:20 - 07:28 - Segment I - Stargazer pt. 1 - Radical_Yue (Eureka Seven (TV) Eureka Seven - good night, sleep tight, young lovers)
07:27 - 08:12 - Segment J - Stargazer pt. 2 - Kisanzi
08:12 - 08:57 - Segment K - Stargazer pt. 3 - Chained(E)Studio (Dantalian no Shoka, Sora no Otoshimono, Dragon Crisis (Doragon Kuraishisu!), Dog Days (Doggu Deizu), Hokago no Pleiades,
Utawarerumono)

-- Track 5 -- "Wasteland (Deeper Territory Remix)" - Peacemaker feat. Lucla Holm

08:56 - 09:40 - Segment L - Wasteland pt. 1 - GuntherAMVs (Sankarea)
09:40 - 10:23 - Segment M - Wasteland pt.2 - irriadin (Casshern Sins)
10:21 - 10:53 - Segment N - Wasteland pt. 3 - -Kyros-

-- End -- "Lost In Time" - Entity, CLSM & Lawlzy

10:53 - END - End Credits - Lost In Time - Replay Studios

ABOUT THE SEGMENTS: If any editor who auditions feels the need to edit multiple segments from the same track (like if you've got an awesome idea but you'd need the entire track to make it work) please note this when you audition. The coordinators will deliberate and it may be allowed if we feel the editor has the qualifications to pull it off. But please note, you can only ask for multiple segments if they are from the same track. In the event of drops/lack of interest, we may allow editors to take multiple segments from different tracks but we're leaving that as a "last resort" type of scenario.

Example:
My top 3 segments in order are:

Segment C - Shake Your Body pt. 1
Segment I - Wasteland pt. 1 (But I'd like the full track with pt. 2 if possible)
Segment N - Stargazer pt. 2

The Rules: We'll provide individual WAV audio for each segment, with the full length of the audio you need to edit to. Please fill all your audio with some kind of footage, just keep in mind that the first and last 1-3 seconds of your segments may be used for Transitions. We have overlapped all tracks by a few seconds to allow play for transitions.

Anime/Source Restrictions:
NO DRAGON BALL/DRAGON BALL Z/DRAGON BALL GT/DRAGON BALL KAI
NO HENTAI
No YOKO BOX
NO YOGURTING
NO LIVE ACTION
NO DUPLICATE SOURCES.
YOU'RE ALLOWED TO USE MULTI-ANIME BUT IF ANOTHER EDITOR HAS ALREADY LAID CLAIMS TO A SOURCE AS THEIR PRIMARY, PLEASE DON'T RE-USE IT. IF THE SOURCE WAS CHOSEN BY A PREVIOUS EDITOR AS A COLLECTION OF MULTI-ANIME, WE'LL LET IT FLY AS LONG AS THE SAME SCENES ARE NOT REUSED.

Video Specs:
Resolution: 848x480
Frame rate: 29.97fps
Codec: Lagarith or Uncompressed AVI
Audio: Doesn't really matter since we'll be replacing it with the HQ mastermix

NOTE: If you use fullscreen 4:3 footage, make sure to properly crop/resize your source to fit the project resolution.

Video Quality: We've got nothing against old sources, but if it's got grain or macro-blocking and you're unable to obtain higher quality, please abstain from using it as a source.

Transitions: We highly encourage you to contact the editors who have the tracks before/after yours and work out some transitions with them. This process tends to make the tracks look much smoother. If you are unable to do so and can't not seem to communicate with your fellow editors, Kisanzi and I will create transitions for your tracks. (More Kisanzi than me...he has teh skillz >.>)

PLEASE REMEMBER TO DEINTERLACE/FILTER YOUR FOOTAGE BEFORE YOU EDIT AND SUBMIT
YOUR FINAL TRACK. YOUR TRACKS WILL NOT BE FILTERED AFTER WE RECEIVE THEM.

Banners
Here are some quick signature banners we threw together for you guys to use, if you wish to do so. If anyone would like to make more, please PM them to me and I will list them in this post.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's the jist of it :P Post any questions or comments below in the thread.

Thanks -

Radical_Yue & Kisanzi
Last edited by Radical_Yue on Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:30 pm, edited 28 times in total.

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Re: Project Chroma Blitz - Auditions Now OPEN!!!

Post by JudgeHolden » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:53 am

08:56 - 09:40 - Segment L - Wasteland pt. 1 - OPEN
09:40 - 10:23 - Segment M - Wasteland pt.2 - OPEN
10:21 - 10:53 - Segment N - Wasteland pt. 3 - OPEN

I would like to use Casshern Sins. :ying:

Though if push comes to shove you can just asign me something. :aimkissyface:

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:11 am

Okay, I think I've decided...I really like Segments J and L...nothing else is speaking to me right away, and I will be 100% using Martian Successor Nadesico (I has BD :3)
I also reeeeally like L... so:

Segment J - Nadesico
Segment L - Legend of the Legendary Heroes

Also I suppose I should include some audition materials.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8srUyAIjCdo

er... eh...

:awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

Last edited by ZephyrStar on Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Infinity Squared » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:36 am

Heh, come on, it's me. Do I need to do anything more?

(I'll go check out tracks tomorrow when I'm more awake :P)

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:58 am

NO DRAGON BALL/DRAGON BALL Z/DRAGON BALL GT/DRAGON BALL KAI
There goes my chances of joining. :|
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

MystykAMV
Org Profile

Post by MystykAMV » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:15 pm

Segment K - Stargazer pt. 3 - Sola
Segment G - Love Can Be Real pt. 2 - Rosario to vampire
Segment B - Connected pt. 2 - Mai-HiME

These tracks are really interesting :3 well these videos are not really effecty, but if I manage to get one of the faster segments I would like to try using them :3
Last edited by MystykAMV on Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:56 pm

Oh hai thar :D

Amended the first post since Judge pointed out something I forgot to add >.>

For those of you who audition, please post what source (if any) that you had in mind for the track.

If would really suck to assign all the segments for a certain track to find out that everyone had the same anime in mind D:
My bad >.>;;

Now, tell your friends, tell your family, tell your pet dog about our MEP! :D gogogo! x]

MystykAMV
Org Profile

Post by MystykAMV » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:02 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:For those of you who audition, please post what source (if any) that you had in mind for the track.
well we don't even know which track we'll get, so I think it would be hard to tell what anime we would like to use >.<

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:14 pm

MystykAMV wrote:
Radical_Yue wrote:For those of you who audition, please post what source (if any) that you had in mind for the track.
well we don't even know which track we'll get, so I think it would be hard to tell what anime we would like to use >.<
Well, when someone says they want to audition for a segments, that usually means they at least kind of have an idea of what they'd do with it. I mean, if you're not sure on ANY sources that you would use if you got the ANY of the segments, that's fine. But if you get in and you're the last to choose, that means someone else may have already claimed your ideal source D:

In addition to that, it helps out the coordinators. It would suck for us to have multiple people say that they want to use the same source right after we assign the tracks. That would cause some people to drop or others to be quite a bit less enthusiastic since it's never very fun to dig around for hours trying to find another source to fit your audio after you had the perfect one in mind. Not to mention sorting out who would actually get to use said source would be a major pain .... >.>

If anything, this thread will simply be for auditions until August 7th and you're allowed to edit your posts. Keep listening to the tracks you want and update your post with any anime that comes to mind whenever you get the idea ;p

But in the end, you don't have to, it's only a strong suggestion :P

MystykAMV
Org Profile

Post by MystykAMV » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:23 pm

okay, I'll think of it later and I'll update that post :P then at least could you write out the aritst or something? cuz looking for lyrics might help :P or maybe i just didn't see it, in that case sorry >.<

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”