Groove Coverage MEP (DONE!)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
MystykAMV
Org Profile

Re: Groove Coverage MEP (FILLED!)

Post by MystykAMV » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:01 am

FadingSundown: I need lagarith files :P

-Outlaw- wrote to me and it said that he won't be able to finish his beta by this weekend and he asked if he would be suitable as a back up editor :P I think that's okay if he's a back up editor, and we can give that part to someone else.

FadingSundown
Org Profile

Re: Groove Coverage MEP (1 FREE TRACK!)

Post by FadingSundown » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:27 pm

Sorry that I'm so late with my beta-testing, but here it is anyway xD.

Tritio: The twitch transition at 0:03 doesnt really seem necesarry to me, a somewhat simpler transition might be better. If you turn the opacity of the word 'Symphony' a bit lower, and add a little bit of gaussian blur I think it will blend in better with the radio, you can see that you placed it in it now. The mask is really good, but the background switches suddenly, if you crossfade the backgrounds it could look smoother. The clip switch at 0:21 is a little bit too early (or too late). But other than those things, I like your MEP part and I love the clip slection too :3!

Hitori: I like the transition, though I think you overuse it a little bit. A zoom in will probably look good too, for example at 0:04: from the scene of her head towards her eyes. And at 0:11 the same. Her sitting next to the other girl and then zoom-in. A bit further in the MEP part where you do quicker scenes... I dont think you should use the transition there. I really like the transition, I do, but I think zoom-ins and pushes (I dont know if this makes sense to you, but this is what I was thinking about when I say zoom-ins and pushed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OH8S36rLsA). I do love your clip selection ^^! You dont need to listen to what I say at all, it is just my opinion :3.

Melyora: Well, I beta-tested right beside you when you were making it, so I think it is good like this. I will look into your settings sister (and I will install lagarith ;P), Mystyk and Aimo helped me and I still have all the printscreens of the settings xD

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:36 pm

FadingSundown wrote: Tritio: The twitch transition at 0:03 doesnt really seem necesarry to me, a somewhat simpler transition might be better. If you turn the opacity of the word 'Symphony' a bit lower, and add a little bit of gaussian blur I think it will blend in better with the radio, you can see that you placed it in it now. The mask is really good, but the background switches suddenly, if you crossfade the backgrounds it could look smoother.
I like this idea
ImageImage

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:41 pm

If you'd have me, I really enjoyed track 6's song and think it is something I could work well with. :)

Track: 6 [Because I Love You]
Editor: CodeZTM
Anime: Bakemongatari

MystykAMV
Org Profile

Post by MystykAMV » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:57 pm

yay Code! I'm glad to have you in the MEP! welcome! :3 I can't wait to see this MEP finished :awesome: :ying:

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:05 pm

MystykAMV wrote:yay Code! I'm glad to have you in the MEP! welcome! :3 I can't wait to see this MEP finished :awesome: :ying:
took the words from my mouth |:>
ImageImage

MystykAMV
Org Profile

Post by MystykAMV » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:35 pm

MelyoraMel: well I can't really watch it without lagging xD but as much as I saw you could work more on the mask, because there's a mistake in it, and also at the beginning there are too many zooms, but only a few scenes, and at the end there are too few scenes that had been cut (so we can see that the placement of the characters are different), but it is too slow like this, I think you should change scenes more frequently, and also there are too many flashes, and sometimes the coloring could be nicer :P sorry if there are too many things, but I think your part could be improved, for example I like the part you sent the first time, but the other parts need changes >.< and also the first scene is kinda too funny, well the really first one is good, but after that she looks kinda funny which ruins the mood >.<

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:26 pm

Yeah I agree with Mystyk, it's not bad so far though. :mrgreen: Though I definitely think you can leave out the zoom sync near the beginning and just save those for the harder beats later on like you did in the first beta. Also some more scene variations won't be a bad idea too. ;)

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:00 pm

hmmm.. I like it how it is, I really think it would look better without the flashing atleast though. I do like the color FX. I guess I'm one of the only people that thinks the pace slows down towards the end.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

FadingSundown
Org Profile

Post by FadingSundown » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:49 pm

Im happy that Code has taken the track ^^! Ah yeah Mystyk, from Saterday till Wednesday I'll be on a school trip to London (yay :D!), but after that I'll have vacation, so I will send out my (beta) final next week ;)!

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”