CascadaThon 2---OUT NOW!! CHECK ANNOUNCEMENTS FORUM!

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: CascadaThon 2-NEW UPDATE POST GUYS!! CHECK IT OUT NAO!!!

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:53 am

Um... I'm at a crossroads... I've got several of you that like the sparkly version better, and some of you that like the concept version better. HALP. O_o Feel free to discuss pros/cons here.

Personally, I think I might be able to re-work some scenes in sparkle-ville and make it a little more polished. Same with the other one. I'll try and get one more solid beta out of both of them.

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:47 am

MystykAMV wrote:I think the credits are very cool :up: but maybe the sound is a bit too low? I mean it's not loud enough, but it might be just me >.<
The sound effects aren't supposed to be that loud. Just loud enough for you to hear them. You don't want them to drown out the music.
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

Inan
Another one
Org Profile

Post by Inan » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:28 am

hagaren i love your track so much and i really like this more up beat version

also and update

i have started editing the second half of my track with tsubasa chronicles so i will have something soon!

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:07 pm

TwilightChrono wrote:
MystykAMV wrote:I think the credits are very cool :up: but maybe the sound is a bit too low? I mean it's not loud enough, but it might be just me >.<
The sound effects aren't supposed to be that loud. Just loud enough for you to hear them. You don't want them to drown out the music.
I think what Mystyk meant was the actual Cascada music. It is a bit quiet, I can hear the sound effects quite clear.
CodeZTM wrote:Um... I'm at a crossroads... I've got several of you that like the sparkly version better, and some of you that like the concept version better. HALP. O_o Feel free to discuss pros/cons here.

Personally, I think I might be able to re-work some scenes in sparkle-ville and make it a little more polished. Same with the other one. I'll try and get one more solid beta out of both of them.
I think the sparkly one fits the pacing better. Since the song only has about...three words I didn't feel the need for conceptual version since I could see what you were getting at pretty clearly. And I was thinking since the track was about 16 seconds long which is quite short then it's considered more of a bridge connecting the previous and the next track instead. Though you might want to consider adding some more scenes of the guy near the start if that helps. ;)

AllyKatAVR
Org Profile

Post by AllyKatAVR » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:20 pm

I think it'd be pretty cool if the music wasn't prominent in the credits and acted more as quiet ambient music echoing in the background, just to match the look of it since there isn't really a correlation between the two. Though I guess that would require an audio person to figure out ^^; I'm digging the credits :up:

pan_dbgt01
Org Profile

Post by pan_dbgt01 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:13 pm

I like Hagaren's new track. I think there is a glitch when Beartic comes out tho.

Love the new credits!!!

Code: The Sparkly one is better, but I'm not feeling the over use of slide transitions.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:46 am

Cool, thanks for the feedback guys! I made a few tweaks and am going to render out my file to send to Code soon. Finally, eh?

Edit: Forgot to mention that the credits look pretty darned cool. Only nitpick is that the character who appears for Code/my track doesn't actually appear in the MEP, but your mileage may vary weather thats a bad thing or not.

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Re: CascadaThon 2---5 DAYS UNTIL RELEASE & COUNTING!!

Post by TwilightChrono » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:00 am

I'm glad you guys love the credits. The final fixed version is on it's way to me, so the fixes you guys wanted fixing a.k.a. The last picture has been fixed.

I HAVE SENT ALL OF THE FINALS YOU GUYS HAVE SENT ME TO CODE. CODE WILL ALSO BE THE ONE ENCODING, UPLOADING AND ANNOUNCING THE MEP.

I HAVE INSTRUCTED CODE THAT ONCE HE READS THE PM WITH ALL THE FINALS IN IT, THAT HE IS TO ENTER THE VIDEO INFO AND SEND OUT ALL THE COLLAB INVITES. SO CHECK FOR THOSE AND ACCEPT THEM AS SOON AS YOU GET IT.

AS FOR MY 2 TRACKS. I WILL NOT BE SENDING OUT ANYMORE BETAS OF MY TRACKS. I AM TWEAKING THEM AS BEST AS I CAN BASED ON THE FEEDBACK RECEIVED FROM ALL YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE :) I WILL THEN PROMPTLY SEND IN THE FINALS TO CODE FOR COMPILATION.

SO, I HAVE UPDATED THE MAIN POST THAT MY FINALS HAVE BEEN TURNED IN AS WELL AS CODE'S AND HAGAREN'S. I WILL BE SENDING MY FINALS TO CODE SHORTLY AS SOON AS MY TWEAKS ARE FINISHED. MORE THAN LIKELY AT SOME POINT TOMORROW.

5 DAYS UNTIL RELEASE PEOPLE!! FINISH WHAT IS LEFT OF YOUR TRACKS AND TURN THEM INTO CODE.

LET'S FINISH THIS "BAD BOY"

*Cracks Candy Whip*

ALSO, WE NEED A RELEASE BANNER MADE FOR THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF CASCADATHON 2. WHO'S UP FOR MAKING AN EPIC RELEASE BANNER? YOU KNOW..............SINCE I TOOK CARE OF THE EPIC CREDITS.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:32 am

The all caps abuse about destroyed my brain. @_@

Anyway, like i said to TC in pm format, the October 1st release date is contingent upon a few things. iCard and Inan's tracks being finished in a timely manner is the biggest factor [no pressure!]. We also want to make sure those tracks are as well done as possible, so I personally don't want to rush either of them. But I'm also [and there is no compromising this one] sending everyone a full quality release of the entire MEP before it gets released. I want everyone to make sure their tracks are synced correctly, and that the encoding is up to par.

I'll start doing all of the compiling as quickly as possible. I'm doing the video profile information, so expect a request in the next day or three, depending on when I get time to actually sit down and compile it all. xD

EDIT:

Also, I wanted to mention that I STILL need the full .wav file for the project. If any of you have it, can you send it my way?

And I sent out another beta on my Kaliedo Star Track.

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:07 pm

Alright Code. I sent you the full mix as you requested. It is in your PM box now.

In regards to the new beta. I agree. I think it is much better than the one with the slides. It is a lot less jarring. Good job.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”