AMV Salad 5: Happy Meal (Nekocon 14, here we come!)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Angelyco
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 5: Happy Meal (OTAKON, here we come!)

Post by Angelyco » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:37 pm

Well this is interesting. I kept seeing Cody around Otakon and I could have sworn he was my friend's friend who I met a few times (at Otakon), but I didn't want to say anything to him in case I was wrong. Lo and behold, he's actually one of my Facebook friends yet. Small world!
ImageImage
ImageImage

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:48 pm

Hehe, you met him last year. He's friends with Sarah I think her name was? If I remember correctly she couldn't come this year, so he was sad about that. I met her around the same time I met you at Overflow last year.
ImageImageImage

Angelyco
Org Profile

Post by Angelyco » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:27 pm

Yep, Sarah. I think I actually met Cody 2 or 3 years ago through her.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:33 pm

I'll be opening the door to AMV Salad 6 sometime later today.
Been fighting con plague all week. x_x;
I'm not gonna be promoting a theme until something becomes apparent later.

Also, as a "pre-show" for future cons, I'm gonna compile a "best of" video from the past four episodes and call it "AMV Salad: Premium Ingredients" or something to that effect.
Any suggestions?
I wanna have it ready by Nekocon (November 4-6).
I'll take nominees but those of us who have seen all four at past conventions know which clips got the best response.
Still, your ideas will be helpful in shaping this compilation.

And the AMVS5 banner?
I have no idea what it should look like this time.
Anyone?
*cough...sneeze*

That is all for now.
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:56 pm

Gaelstrom wrote:That said though, Deuce, your involvement in Redeath was great :D Never figured Excalibur dancing to the Gendo pimp theme would work, but it definitely did.
... that was you? I think we were sitting right next to you (Cyanna as the Master Ball and me as this vampire).
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Squancho
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 5: Happy Meal (Nekocon 14, here we come!)

Post by Squancho » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:24 am

Here's the link to the AMV Salad 6 thread:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 7&t=106017
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Warlike Cygnet
Org Profile

Post by Warlike Cygnet » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:01 pm

I suppose for the banner you could use the adjust the picture that Warlike Swans made for the Otakon program.

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:42 pm

Deuce, it's rather tough to choose favorites among some of my own clips, honestly, and I think that may be the case for most of us. One thing that could be interesting is if everyone else voted on the best clips for each other. Like we choose a certain amount to fit the allotted time for whatever you have planned, and we go from there. I have a LOT, and I mean a LOT of favorites amongst my clips, otherwise I wouldn't have made them ^^ And the audience reacted pretty well to every one, so I don't really know where to begin. So I think it'd be best for others to pick from a list.
ImageImageImage

Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Post by Warlike Swans » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:14 am

Gaelstrom wrote:I feel I should mention something, actually. Scott mentioned he was rather annoyed at the fact that most of the Salad crew ended up leaving after Salad. He's trying very hard to generate a sense of community among fanparody creators (much like the abridged groups seem to have) in an effort to really get the parodies to the next level. It's tough considering the diversity of the creators and how things don't quite have a unification like the abridged series, but he was understandably a bit perturbed by so many creators leaving en masse. I know you had entourages, as did I, so so many people was more visual than it appeared to be ^^ My friends end up wanting to do other things as well many years, but I just wanted to reiterate that Scott's really doing a lot to try and make fanparodies more than just an Otakon thing, and constantly improve it overall, and he really needs help to do it. So so many creators leaving so early made him feel quite bad.
Yeah... I feel bad about my part in that.

I actually almost left right before the start of the AMV contest because I suddenly realized that the last thing I wanted to do right then was sit still. I just shouldn't have gone to that showing of the contest-- the 30 minutes after it just wasn't enough to recover.

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:38 am

Warlike Swans wrote:
Yeah... I feel bad about my part in that.

I actually almost left right before the start of the AMV contest because I suddenly realized that the last thing I wanted to do right then was sit still. I just shouldn't have gone to that showing of the contest-- the 30 minutes after it just wasn't enough to recover.
Yeah, I made my decision to get all that sitting out of the way Friday night so I had Saturday afternoon open. Oddly enough it was all more entertaining than I imagined it would be, so I rarely felt the sting of sitting for a long time. And when .WoW came up, during its slow points, I just started discussing with my friends about why it felt so slow so I could improve upon the fanparody idea I hope to create.

Scott was at least half-joking, but he did mention potentially putting Salad later in the program if we were all going to be leaving en masse like that. I'm sure part of it was just his stress from all the sleepless nights he'd done in making sure everything went smoothly. Which, by the way, well done, Deuce, you're consistently the only one who has no compression or codec issues when you send in the final for two years running ^^ Everyone else required adjustments.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”