AMV Salad 5: Happy Meal (Nekocon 14, here we come!)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 5: Happy Meal (OTAKON, here we come!)

Post by Gaelstrom » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:18 pm

UPDATE FROM SCOTT!!

He has found a way to get us special badges for those of us who are fanparody creators this year. That guarantees our ability to skip the line and get whatever seat we want. As such, he needs the info of all of us who are attending by Wednesday at the latest so that he can personally print them out.

We will have to go to Video Ops (currently) to get them, since he has said the people at preregistration will know nothing about them, it's all him.

So everyone who is attending, either post here or send me and/or Deuce with what you would like on the nametags. He said he could do production name and real name. These were the examples he gave:

NoN.D.E. Fanfilms
Scott A Melzer

or:

Team Four Star
MasakoX

This way, people can actually also see we have special tags I guess and some may recognize our names. Who knows. PLUS this will be MUCH easier for us to find one another. He also spoke of everyone getting together Saturday at Noon potentially for lunch for all creators. Considering the AMV contest is at 3, in theory that would be a decent time. Most others have claimed they're busy later Saturday night anyway.

So send me and/or Deuce exactly how you'd like to be displayed on your badges, and also what times work for you for a full lunch. This isn't replacing our meeting planned for Thursday Night or Friday Afternoon currently, unless we'd like it to. Let me know what you all think. I don't remember if Miko was going to Otakon. Currently I only know of myself, moonbunnychan, Deuce and Warlike Swans. Is anyone else able to go?
ImageImageImage

Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Post by Warlike Swans » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:47 pm

I got the email and responded.

As far as being recognizable when meeting Fri, I'm too lazy to find a picture that doesn't offend my vanity, but I'll be cosplaying as Lust so you should be able to recognize me by that.

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:04 pm

Okay, cool, I should have figured he'd use yours since you sent in the Happy meal thing. I just get the feeling more than us four are going, it's just only us who have been here for a while it seems.
ImageImageImage

moonbunnychan
Org Profile

Post by moonbunnychan » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:55 pm

If you could pass along this to him I'd be most grateful:

Studio Name: moonbunnychan

I posted my facebook page a little while back, it's public and has loads of pictures of me.

I'd also personally rather do lunch Friday OR Saturday but not both. I'm supposed to be doing lunch with somebody else one of the two days, though which one wasn't written in stone. To the best of my knowledge I'm not doing anything in particular Saturday till the AMV Contest.

*edit*
And since he never comes here but will be with me at the con:

Studio Name: Otakujop Studio

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:57 pm

Deuce, Scott still hasn't heard back from you. If you did e-mail, he hadn't received it as of sometime last night. So if you did send something, send me the info and I'll relay it. Still don't know what would be wrong with your e-mails.

moonbunnychan, I passed along your info and he confirmed it.
ImageImageImage

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:14 pm

Guys, I have an urgent request. I NEED access to a laptop for a little while if at all possible. You can benefit too actually.

Since I'm going to attempt to write a fanparody this next year (or at least get started), Scott offered to let me have copies of every fanparody he has, which is quite a hefty collection from oldschool to new school. Even stuff that's only shown once, and others that have never been shown. A treasure trove of fandom basically. The problem is both he and I only have hard drives, and we don't know anyone trustworthy with a laptop whom we can contact.

I would sincerely appreciate it if any of you who may be bringing a laptop, or your friends perhaps, if you'd let me and him hook up our drives to it and let it be a transfer hub for us for a little while. I can even come to your hotel room and we can leave them there so it's safe and not in any strange place. I just really want to have this collection so I can study it, and plus, because it's pretty awesome stuff generally :D If you want it too, you're welcome to take it as long as you don't spread it across the internet of course. He's totally willing to give other creators the stuff so they have material. It's something over 200 gigs of fan parodies that he's acquired over time.

Please help me, I really would like to have this collection to help me make a good parody. I need all the ideas I can get. I'll buy you dinner in exchange if it comes down to it :)
ImageImageImage

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:45 pm

Okay...my secondary cell number is being shut down before Otakon so this is the one you should use to contact me.
Spoiler :
Keep me updated on any developments...
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:57 pm

Will none of you or your friends have a laptop at all? Please I really need some help. I don't have another opportunity to get these from Scott until next year. It's too much to transfer online, and I really need the help. Seriously, it's not much, we basically just need to plug the drives in, and drag one folder over, and let it sit for a few hours while we're at the con or something. That's all I'm asking, so please help me out. I don't know how else I can do this.
ImageImageImage

Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Post by Warlike Swans » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:35 pm

I have a laptop which sucks so badly it is practically unusable. I'm staying with a friend in another part of the city, so I guess I'd have to drag it to the con... I dunno how safe it would be unattended in a staff area, though i have to say a thief would be very disappointed by it. I guess I can pack it so that you at least have a last resort option... but it REALLY sucks, so I'd keep looking.

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:01 pm

If you're not in the area, if you're willing to let me take it to my hotel room (or yours if you're nearby) and just let everything transfer for a while, that's all I need. As long as it has two USB ports, that's all I need. Preferably if it's still USB 2 of course.

Scott let me know he has a potential alternative, but I appreciate the thought of bringing it. Having it as a backup plan will put my mind at ease. Thanks a lot for considering it. Drop me your number in a PM if you have the chance so I can get ahold of you. What time will you be arriving, later Friday? Will it be the 2 PM meeting at that little deli?
ImageImageImage

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”