AMV Salad 5: Happy Meal (Nekocon 14, here we come!)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Locked
User avatar
Gaelstrom
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2003 7:25 pm
Status: Sending enemies to the next dimension
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 5: Happy Meal (OTAKON, here we come!)

Post by Gaelstrom » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:33 am

moonbunnychan wrote:I'll be there, barring some sort of sudden room mate emergency or something. At last count I think I have something like 8-9 people rooming with me. Two are riding with me and the rest showing up god knows when.
You definitely win on the people front...

I think the easiest thing for us to do is just trade cell phone numbers through PM. Not necessarily the best choice since we'll all be roaming, but as a last resort, I think it would be appropriate.

What do you think about PMing our number and a picture to each other so we're recognizable?
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Deuce Loosely
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:27 am
Status: Herding wild marshmallows
Location: Lancaster, PA
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 5: Happy Meal (OTAKON, here we come!)

Post by Deuce Loosely » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:47 am

I have so few photos of myself out of costume in existence.
This is the best I can do.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... .505065061
Highlights (if you can call em that):
Spoiler :
Image Image Image
Not shy about giving my number out (getting a new one soon anyway)...757.705.4832
I hope that helps. ;)
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020)

User avatar
moonbunnychan
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:28 pm
Location: Northern Virginia
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 5: Happy Meal (OTAKON, here we come!)

Post by moonbunnychan » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:20 pm

http://www.facebook.com/moonbunnychan <---That's my facebook. It has more pictures of me then you'd ever care to shake sticks at.
Image

User avatar
Warlike Swans
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:38 pm
Status: Pending
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 5: Happy Meal (OTAKON, here we come!)

Post by Warlike Swans » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:02 pm

Does anyone know when the Otakon schedule will be out? I'd feel more secure in trying to arrange non-Thursday time to meet if I could see that.

User avatar
Gaelstrom
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2003 7:25 pm
Status: Sending enemies to the next dimension
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 5: Happy Meal (OTAKON, here we come!)

Post by Gaelstrom » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:56 am

In case any of you are interested.

http://www.ffdistantworlds.com/

Just north of Otakon on Saturday is a Final Fantasy Distant Worlds concert. Myself and a couple friends are going. It's at 7:30 on Saturday, so my hope is it will last a couple hours and I'll make it back for Saturday Fan Parodies. If I'm a little late, that won't be too bad. Thankfully AMVS is on Friday, so I won't miss that, but this was a unique opportunity. I figured I'd mention it to those who aren't aware it's happening. The 38 dollar tickets seem sold out, I got them for 48.
Warlike Swans wrote:Does anyone know when the Otakon schedule will be out? I'd feel more secure in trying to arrange non-Thursday time to meet if I could see that.
Scott says he has a basic schedule that they don't want to leak until it's final. But he says he could let us know, because apparently he wants to arrange a meeting between creators as well.

Perhaps would could combine ours with his and just have a giant get-together. Although I'm all for two meetings.

Due to the concert though, my Saturday night is booked with that and the Fanparodies.

We have some time, I'll get in contact with Scott and discuss who's available when and see what we can come up with. Anything in particular you don't want to miss? Thursday night really is the only time to guarantee we won't miss anything, hence why I keep pushing for it, since I don't want to miss anything either ^^
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Warlike Swans
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:38 pm
Status: Pending
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 5: Happy Meal (OTAKON, here we come!)

Post by Warlike Swans » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:58 pm

Gaelstrom wrote:
Scott says he has a basic schedule that they don't want to leak until it's final. But he says he could let us know, because apparently he wants to arrange a meeting between creators as well.

Perhaps would could combine ours with his and just have a giant get-together. Although I'm all for two meetings.

Due to the concert though, my Saturday night is booked with that and the Fanparodies.

We have some time, I'll get in contact with Scott and discuss who's available when and see what we can come up with. Anything in particular you don't want to miss? Thursday night really is the only time to guarantee we won't miss anything, hence why I keep pushing for it, since I don't want to miss anything either ^^
There really isn't much that I can't miss (the salad, 1 showing of the AMV contest), but I'd like to discuss it with the other people I'll be with. As far as I can tell the panels don't have descriptions up yet either, so there's not much to judge on (Anime's Craziest Deaths sounds like it could be amusing).

But I absolutely can't make Thur, my friend who is driving is working a full day on Thursday in Boston so we won't be in until late.

Scott mentioned the creator get together when I emailed the graphic to him, and if it happens I plan on going, but its generally easier to meet people in smaller groups.

User avatar
Gaelstrom
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2003 7:25 pm
Status: Sending enemies to the next dimension
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 5: Happy Meal (OTAKON, here we come!)

Post by Gaelstrom » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:32 pm

Warlike Swans wrote:
Gaelstrom wrote:
Scott says he has a basic schedule that they don't want to leak until it's final. But he says he could let us know, because apparently he wants to arrange a meeting between creators as well.

Perhaps would could combine ours with his and just have a giant get-together. Although I'm all for two meetings.

Due to the concert though, my Saturday night is booked with that and the Fanparodies.

We have some time, I'll get in contact with Scott and discuss who's available when and see what we can come up with. Anything in particular you don't want to miss? Thursday night really is the only time to guarantee we won't miss anything, hence why I keep pushing for it, since I don't want to miss anything either ^^
There really isn't much that I can't miss (the salad, 1 showing of the AMV contest), but I'd like to discuss it with the other people I'll be with. As far as I can tell the panels don't have descriptions up yet either, so there's not much to judge on (Anime's Craziest Deaths sounds like it could be amusing).

But I absolutely can't make Thur, my friend who is driving is working a full day on Thursday in Boston so we won't be in until late.

Scott mentioned the creator get together when I emailed the graphic to him, and if it happens I plan on going, but its generally easier to meet people in smaller groups.
I agree. I suggested to him potentially Friday or Saturday Afternoon, like a lunch or linner so that we can meet somewhere and not cut into any of the main events that start happening generally around 5. I still want to meet whomever for Thursday if possible, but I also don't want to go to three dinners really. That's money that will go to the purchase of a figure :D
ImageImageImage

User avatar
moonbunnychan
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:28 pm
Location: Northern Virginia
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 5: Happy Meal (OTAKON, here we come!)

Post by moonbunnychan » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:44 am

I tend to spend my time at conventions mostly wandering around, socializing, and occasionally popping into whatever I walk by. The only things I know for a fact I'm going to are the AMV contest, which I assume will have a showing on Friday, and Peter Beagle's Q&A/Last Unicorn showing, which I found out via his newsletter is supposed to be Sunday.

It seems Distant Worlds has finally wised up. They do a DC area show every year, and I always missed it because they did it the exact same weekend as Otakon...which, you know, pretty much their entire audience was in Maryland for the weekend, since it's only a little over an hour from DC to Baltimore. This year they did it here last week and the Baltimore show during Otakon.


I desperately hope the heat wave we're having breaks though. 100+ degrees for Otakon would be no fun at all.
Image

User avatar
Gaelstrom
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2003 7:25 pm
Status: Sending enemies to the next dimension
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 5: Happy Meal (OTAKON, here we come!)

Post by Gaelstrom » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:59 am

moonbunnychan wrote:I tend to spend my time at conventions mostly wandering around, socializing, and occasionally popping into whatever I walk by. The only things I know for a fact I'm going to are the AMV contest, which I assume will have a showing on Friday, and Peter Beagle's Q&A/Last Unicorn showing, which I found out via his newsletter is supposed to be Sunday.

I desperately hope the heat wave we're having breaks though. 100+ degrees for Otakon would be no fun at all.
It's a good thing I've trained for 7 years in Arizona then. 120 degree sandstorms will prep you for quite a bit of varying weather 8-)

...and the hell? Is this Last Unicorn showing? Seriously? I mean... I guess... it kinda... wut? Does not compute. Explain. And for those of us in the not-know... I assume Peter Beagle is... important to it ^^

Oh, and you left out a certain something you know for a fact you won't be missing ^^ Ya know, a certain premiere, happening on Friday that had a little sum'm sum'm to do with you? :D
ImageImageImage

User avatar
moonbunnychan
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:28 pm
Location: Northern Virginia
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 5: Happy Meal (OTAKON, here we come!)

Post by moonbunnychan » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:39 pm

Peter Beagle wrote the book it was based on and the screenplay for the movie version. The movie it's self was both an American and Japanese co-production and most of the animators on it went on to form Studio Ghibli. It's one of my absolute favorite books ever and the movie version was my gateway drug into fantasy at a VERY young age (and I guess also anime although I didn't know it till years later).
Image

Locked

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”