AMV Salad 5: Happy Meal (Nekocon 14, here we come!)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 5: Happy Meal (OTAKON, here we come!)

Post by Warlike Swans » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:46 pm

Tonight as in before Scott stops checking email for the night or tonight as in he should have it in his email when he first checks it in the morning? (For me that's a huge difference)

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:48 pm

Just to be safe, go with the former.
If you really need the time, go with the latter with "I hope we're not too late."
He should be able to forward it otherwise.
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:04 pm

Don't worry about it too much. Just expand the sides a bit and complete those lettuce leaves and refine a bit and you'll be good. Let Jeff re-size it as much as he wants. A nice squarish logo can always go anywhere, so don't sweat it too much. And don't mind if it goes a bit wider either. I actually don't have time to complete mine, unfortunately, so please go ahead with yours. And at this rate, we'll have to send the finished one to Jeff tomorrow. Send it to Scott first of course, but to be safe, you may want to get it to Jeff as soon as possible as well since his cutoff is 5 PM EST tomorrow.
ImageImageImage

Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Post by Warlike Swans » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:33 pm

this is it as it stands now. the image size is 6" x 5.6" (1200 x 1118)

deuce is the only person whose email i have. I can keep working on it, if there's anything that anyone thinks should be adjusted... (such as making the leaf color follow the outlines, or thickening the stroke on "salad")

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:09 am

Warlike Swans wrote: this is it as it stands now. the image size is 6" x 5.6" (1200 x 1118)

deuce is the only person whose email i have. I can keep working on it, if there's anything that anyone thinks should be adjusted... (such as making the leaf color follow the outlines, or thickening the stroke on "salad")
Much cleaner, and the salad now seems to assist the composition better. It works for what it is, and I guess that's all we can get for throwing together something like this without much warning ^^

I'll send you both Scott's and Jeff's e-mails in a PM so you can send it to them. Just let them know that you're one of the creators on AMVS5 and this is the presented logo.

I would suggest toning down the red just a bit though. It's exceptionally bright and countering the yellow text. The warmest colors always pull to the front, so see if you can cool it down a bit by adding some gray. Basically desaturating it just a bit.
ImageImageImage

Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Post by Warlike Swans » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:55 am

Gaelstrom wrote:
I'll send you both Scott's and Jeff's e-mails in a PM so you can send it to them. Just let them know that you're one of the creators on AMVS5 and this is the presented logo.

I would suggest toning down the red just a bit though. It's exceptionally bright and countering the yellow text. The warmest colors always pull to the front, so see if you can cool it down a bit by adding some gray. Basically desaturating it just a bit.
Done & done

I can't help but to think the salad ended up looking a bit like holly... but whatever, out of my hands now.

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:09 am

Well you did a good job. Not only am I out of practice in anything logo-like, I just wasn't feeling it this week. A lot's been happening for me, so nice work pulling together something so quickly.

As for the meeting time, let's make sure we know who's coming, shall we?

9:00 PM THURSDAY NIGHT, HARD ROCK CAFE

Confirmed so far are myself, Deuce, and moonbunnychan for the new time.

The Hard Rock is apparently open until 2 AM, so that should do nicely for us. I don't plan on being up that late myself, but that leaves the possibility open ^^

Everyone who can meet up, please confirm that you know 9:00 PM on Thursday is the new time and you're okay with it. If not, let us know and we'll see if we can adjust.

Did we want to try and meet up again for those who can't come that night? If so, who can't join us and when would be a good time? We could potentially meet after the fanparodies, but that's 1 AM. There's also the Sunday Morning or Sunday Afternoon potential. My flight isn't until 6, so I have until around 4.
ImageImageImage

moonbunnychan
Org Profile

Post by moonbunnychan » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:45 am

I'm gonna try my best to make it. |:>
Depending on what time he actually gets there, as he is notorious for not showing up till 1 or 2 am, I'll have Otakujop with me too, who made two of the clips.

If nothing else, I'm staying Sunday night in Baltimore, so I'll most definitely be around all day Sunday.

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:00 am

moonbunnychan wrote:I'm gonna try my best to make it. |:>
Depending on what time he actually gets there, as he is notorious for not showing up till 1 or 2 am, I'll have Otakujop with me too, who made two of the clips.

If nothing else, I'm staying Sunday night in Baltimore, so I'll most definitely be around all day Sunday.
Well, Hard Rock is your idea, so I hope you can make it ^^ At the very least, please try to show up for a bit. We don't even have to do dinner as far as I'm concerned. And if you're doing stuff that night, hell if you don't mind a couple others, myself and my friends have nothing particular we want to do. We just hang out during Thursday night usually. I'd much rather spend it with more people and have some fun. Dinner was just a unifying effort to pull that off. What do you think? Still think you can actually make it, or should we try and adjust plans? I can't tell who will be showing up anymore. Miko's not stopped by in a while, and I can't remember who is not coming Thursday.
ImageImageImage

moonbunnychan
Org Profile

Post by moonbunnychan » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:54 pm

I'll be there, barring some sort of sudden room mate emergency or something. At last count I think I have something like 8-9 people rooming with me. Two are riding with me and the rest showing up god knows when.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”