ANIF07: Symphonic Games Edition (Eminence Live Concert)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
dimix86
Org Profile

Post by dimix86 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:03 am

We actually played a piece from Romeo x Juliet at the concert.

There may be one in the works... But no official word on when. And no official word that it will be in australia. Maybe Japan or the USA? who knows...

ShadowNOS
Org Profile

Post by ShadowNOS » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:08 am

I'm glad it turned out so well on your end. Too bad I couldn't go to see it. Even though I had some technical issues on my end, this was still the funnest event I've taken part in.

BTW, will there be any footage of the event uploaded online or whatever like a few of the previous pieces? Also, was there anyway for you to obtain a program or something for us?

Again, thanks for letting us be a part of the event, I'm sure it kicked ass in person.

keyboardsamurai
Org Profile

Post by keyboardsamurai » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:53 am

That's great news! I'm guessing the videos will be shown at the Melbourne concert as well?

Also is it too early to raise our hand for the anime one?

So our names showed up in the program?

I wish they allowed dvd sells of the concert :( would really have loved to see it.

p.s. wondering about the program like everyone else (would be a great cover letter)

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Infinity Squared » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:53 am

Weee! Going to the concert tomorrow... free tickets too :D

So excited... two years in a row for free :lol:

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Infinity Squared » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:02 am

Aight, the concert ended just a little over two hours ago, so even though I'm dog tired, I'll write my report on it now before I forget too many details.

Simply put, the concert was magnificent. The orchestra seemed to have grown larger compared to last year, and I wasn't even talking about the addition of the choir which consisted of I think at least a couple of dozen members. It was a grand spectacle to see and hear them play in Hamer Hall, which is a huge amphitheatre housing an open stage, three levels (two balcony levels) with an huge pipe organ in the back.

I was lucky enough to be seated on the third row to the front on the top balcony. From there, I could see pretty much straight down to the orchestra down below. The theatre was packed with people. Just to explain how packed, I was sitting on Row C on the top balcony. That balcony goes all the way to Row M and would typically contain enough people in your fairly decent size cinema. The top balcony was perhaps the smallest of the levels. So yeah... a lot of people saw the orchestra, and of course, your videos.

For two hours, I was having goosebumps all over as the orchestra played. The highlight of the evening for me were the music in combination with the videos from Mario Bros, Metal Gear Solid, Legend of Zelda and Kingdom Hearts. If I had to pick a favourite, it would be the Metal Gear Solid track. I think the orchestra and that video were right on side by side tonight. Typically in a live performance, videos and the performance gets out of sync, but the Metal Gear Solid track really was just superb enough to counter this (or was lucky enough to be fully synced :P).

There was a draw for some prizes at the end of the night, and whenever a winner was pulled out, the victory music from Final Fantasy was played. I just thought I'd mention that quaint experience :D

Oooh, the guest composers for the night were Go Shiina, Junichi Nakatsuru and Hitoshi Sakimoto. I was far too hungry by the end of the concert to wait in line for an autograph and when I returned later after dinner, there was still a long line, and since I didn't think I'd have much chance of sneaking in to the Eminence after party (I think my luck only stretches so far), I decided to call it a night.

I wasn't really disappointed with much, however I was actually expecting more from Final Fantasy 7, in particular One Winged Angel. Also, there was no Katamari track either. Oh, and I'm sorry to say this for those curious, but none of us here were in the credits of the program book this time around.

Anyway, I'm going to pass out now. Been an exciting night and it's all just been very draining, so I end my summary of the night here.

keyboardsamurai
Org Profile

Post by keyboardsamurai » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:02 pm

According to google, it's 4:00 Am (Sunday) in Melbourne so the second concert should be over.

I'm gonna start uploading my videos to myspace, and the .org unless the boss still doesn't want them release.

Hopefully our names showed up in the Sydney programs somewhere. Hopefully the boss managed to get us a program (even if it's not autographed)...

Looking forward to some updates.

dimix86
Org Profile

Post by dimix86 » Thu May 03, 2007 12:37 am

Hi guys,
I have some posters and program's for you.

Anyone who made an (acccepted) video for the concert please send these details to my email.

address for poster / program to be sent:
a-m-v.org name:
Video you made:

send this info to:
dpotiris -AT_ eminenceonline -DOT_ com

obviously change the at to @ and DOT to .

Thanks,
Demetri

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”