Sailor Moon

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
pan_dbgt01
Org Profile

Re: Sailor Moon

Post by pan_dbgt01 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:59 pm

It's definitely not anything compared to the original, which I think still holds up to today's standards as far as quality goes.

I do look forward to less filler and a story more based around the manga. I also hope the relationship between Michiru and Haruka is less G rated.

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:40 pm

. even the trailers look too Manga for me.
. . there were two episodes in the 1st series were Manga animations were tryed. it was "the straw that separated the Animation Studies into Sailor Moon & Wedding Peach fans! The Wedding Peach fans didn't mind the Manga-look but, the Sailor Moon Fans hated that style of Animation!
. I'm a little confused as to WHY they are trying to bring back the one thing that Sailor Moon fans Hated - all those years ago ... as if, we have Changed Our Minds! ( it's insulting! )

Tsu!
Org Profile

Post by Tsu! » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:33 am

post-it wrote:. even the trailers look too Manga for me.
. . there were two episodes in the 1st series were Manga animations were tryed. it was "the straw that separated the Animation Studies into Sailor Moon & Wedding Peach fans! The Wedding Peach fans didn't mind the Manga-look but, the Sailor Moon Fans hated that style of Animation!
. I'm a little confused as to WHY they are trying to bring back the one thing that Sailor Moon fans Hated - all those years ago ... as if, we have Changed Our Minds! ( it's insulting! )
What 2 episodes are you referring to?
Fanime 2014-2015, 2018-2019 AMV Contest - Department Head
Fanime 2016-2017 AMV Contest - Lurking Department Second

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:09 pm

The very first one; still not available on DVD yet & the first (released) 001.
. The very first episode was remade with the intro of Sailor V and Artemis.
. The 001 episode, look at the difference between Molly and Serina - can't miss it. Also note how Posessed Melvin and the other Zombies change while Dancing!

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:23 pm

marycosplay
Org Profile

Post by marycosplay » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:29 pm

Sailor moon is my first anime, I am obsessed with anime after sailor moon.

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:13 am

too bad Crystal is every other week instead of every week... The waiting of each episode!!!

eternalIkuto10
Org Profile

Post by eternalIkuto10 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:53 pm

Sailor Moon S (Super) was my favorite seeing how it was the first real transition into a much darker plot. Sailor Moon is probably the best thing that hit this Planet. I just love the series. I could go on and on about it. I prefer Sailor Moon 92' to Sailor Moon Crystal. Nothing against it other than they downright RUINED the characters with their designs! The only thing SM Crystal has going for it is that it follows Naoko Takeuchi's original manga story line

My favorite Inner Sailor Guardian is Ami Mizuno (Sailor Mercury.)

My favorite Outer Sailor Guardian is Haruka Tenoh (Sailor Uranus.)

But Ami is my favorite character.
Usagi jumps in, gleefully, "Yes, Mina-Chan! That's true. Maybe if we continue to remain positive, even in this blackness that's filling the sky and air, we can draw the evil enemies out from their wretched hole."

Ami follows up, "Indeed, light dis-spells darkness, just as love overcomes hate."

Rei interrupts, "Shouldn't that be my line?"

Ami sweat drops, then continues, "The truth is, we just have to remain positive."

^A section from one of my Sailor Moon Fanfictions.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”