Sailor Moon

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Sereenie
Org Profile

Post by Sereenie » Fri May 11, 2007 12:34 pm

Kumatora wrote:Supposedly, Toei wouldn't let them do it because the Japanese would import our DVDs instead of buying the domestic ones. Can you really blame them though?
Then they should provide us with vanilla version as they did for the first two seasons. With no extras, there would be no point in them importing such a version since their already is much better.

Plus, as Otohiko said, it's hardly as hot a product as it used to be. They wouldn't lose that much sales, if any.

S.

Kumatora
Org Profile

Post by Kumatora » Sat May 12, 2007 10:54 am

Sereenie wrote:
Kumatora wrote:Supposedly, Toei wouldn't let them do it because the Japanese would import our DVDs instead of buying the domestic ones. Can you really blame them though?
Then they should provide us with vanilla version as they did for the first two seasons. With no extras, there would be no point in them importing such a version since their already is much better.

Plus, as Otohiko said, it's hardly as hot a product as it used to be. They wouldn't lose that much sales, if any.

S.
What's a vanilla version?

Sereenie
Org Profile

Post by Sereenie » Tue May 15, 2007 2:53 pm

A basic version, with no frills, no extras whatsoever. Just like they did for the uncensored first two seasons. They look like crap, but at least, they are/were available!

S.

Katrina
Org Profile

Post by Katrina » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:35 pm

Sereenie wrote:A basic version, with no frills, no extras whatsoever. Just like they did for the uncensored first two seasons. They look like crap, but at least, they are/were available!

S.
It's hard to say if such a version would sell, since that's exactly what the bootlegs are. (Not promoting them in any way, mind you, but let's face it, most people who want Stars on DVD have them.)

There were some nice fandubs going around at one point, but most of them died. :(

Sereenie
Org Profile

Post by Sereenie » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:41 am

Well, AFAIK, the uncensored first two seasons sold pretty well. You can't find them anymore, I think. And that's in spite of the series already being available back when that came out AND the hefty price tag.

And I like to think I'm not the only person who buys official versions of fansubbed series when those official versions finally come out.

(FTR: I do not own fansubs of Stars!)

S.

Sukunai
Org Profile

Post by Sukunai » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:11 pm

So my niece likes to rag on me for liking Sailormoon :) and I respond by showing her the picture of her dressed up as Sailormoon when she was young, stupid, and her mother thought it looked cute. Sorry kiddo, you can act all cool in your mid teens if you want, but I know you liked her hehe.

Yeah, Sailormoon, it's not cutting edge art any more, the stuff has been thoroughly ruined by North American tv too. Then there was the Live Action which you might like, but you might not admit you like hehe.

I have all 5 seasons on dvd, and I have Live action on dvd.
I don't have my workshop any more, but I spent several years with Sailormoon music blaring out of my shop while I made various pieces of furniture hehe.
I have the Christmas music special and I have several Sailormoon figures on top of my computer here. I have the senshi as a desktop occasionally, and I have pictures of them on the wall.

Frankly, if I could get my wife into a Sailormoon outfit, I'd get to have my way with Sailormoon finally and it would be fun to lift her skirt, and find she was bare assed (like any healthy male always wanted to see). And I would enjoy the heck out of being able to screw an anime girl but with no legal ramifications hehe.

Sailormoon is not really my fav anime, but then it's my fav anime to like just because I know how silly it is to like it.
If I could cosplay (and let's face it, my shape is VERY wrong for that), I'd cosplay Sailormoon, and I would go utterly all the way with it (yep ladies undies, shaved armpits the whole deal hehe). All because I can handle looking like a total idiot. I do wish though, that girls that weight 200-250 pounds, stopped dressing up as Sailormoon. Come on girls, have some mercy on the fans :)

Sailormoon will always be the great anime series that largely got here before the others for the most part. Got here big and mainstream at least.
Everyone knows Sailormoon, but unless you like anime, don't expect to know most of the rest.
Anime, one of the few things about the internet that doesn't make me hate the internet.

kailover44
Org Profile

Post by kailover44 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:18 am

Mii FaVE SeRieS Is R. YeaH, It'S aWSoMe. I LiKe dOn'T rEmeEMbER PaRT Of
ThE SErIES CuZZ i HAvEn'T wAtChEd It In LIke ForEveR!

Sukunai
Org Profile

Post by Sukunai » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:47 pm

kailover44 wrote:Mii FaVE SeRieS Is R. YeaH, It'S aWSoMe. I LiKe dOn'T rEmeEMbER PaRT Of
ThE SErIES CuZZ i HAvEn'T wAtChEd It In LIke ForEveR!
Do you do anything else to look artificially cool? Or is that the limit?
Just so you understand, it looked stupid to type it that way.
Anime, one of the few things about the internet that doesn't make me hate the internet.

kailover44
Org Profile

Post by kailover44 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:39 pm

hehehehe i know. i was just bored and so, i decided to type it like that.
what can i say? i was messing with the keyboard. my bad.. hehehehehehe.

kailover44
Org Profile

Post by kailover44 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:42 pm

oh, and what do you mean by "do you do anything else to look artificially cool? or is that the limit?"

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”