Saga of Tanya the Evil

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Saga of Tanya the Evil

Post by Kireblue » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:30 am

ANN wrote:Tanya Degurechov used to be one of Japan's elite office workers, but because of a wrathful god, was reborn as a little girl. She has blonde hair, blue eyes, and nearly transparent white skin, and she flies through the air and mercilessly strikes down her opponents. She speaks with a young girl's lisp and commands the army. Tanya prioritizes optimization and career advancement above all, and she will become the most dangerous entity among the Imperial Army's sorcerers.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Re: Saga of Tanya the Evil

Post by Jasta85 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:36 am

This is actually very good, a lot of reviewers were turned off by the first episode as it tried a little too hard to be edgy and cool, but the 2nd and 3rd episodes really helped explain things now this is one of my top series for the season. It's definitely a dark series but if you're tired of the stereotypical shonen white knight protagonists who all are boring as hell (grandblue chronicles is the perfect example) and would rather see an amoral main character who puts their own survival and advancement ahead of anything else, and who is actually intelligent, then I suggest checking this out. Try watching the first 3 episodes before drawing a conclusion.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:00 am

Pretty interesing, but kinda average ? Will see How it unfolds further.
Still better than that MMO.

Camichan19
Org Profile

Post by Camichan19 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:47 pm

I have to agree with Mol.
Ended up 'dropping' it after 3 episodes, but if I hear word that it improves maybe I'll pick it up again some other time.
Dat OP is sick though.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:24 am

Just finished marathoning up till episode 9. I'm really enjoying this show, and totally plan to edit with it. Kinda just found the perfect song combo :asd:

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:16 pm

yep, and this is the studio's first major project, they really hit it out of the park. Unfortunately it's getting an anime only ending but I can't really blame them as ending on a cliffhanger when they didn't even know whether it would be successful or not would be kind of risky. That and the fact that anime is usually just promotional material for the source. I'm definitely going to be checking out the novel after the anime wraps up.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:18 pm

Honestly it looked like it's still quite open for an S2 if they want to do it. It will likely depend on how well it sells. The first volume will be out on the 26th, so we can still hope.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”