Dragon Ball Super

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Joe88
Org Profile

Re: Dragon Ball Super

Post by Joe88 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:28 am

M'o'l wrote:Sure it's not best animation , but better than dbz at least :dino:
dbz was also created 25 years ago, the low budget animation quality isnt exactly appreciated especially when you have low budget fan service anime shorts that look way better airing in the same season
episode 5 animation was simply terrible (I wish there was a :puke: smiley to lay emphasis on this)
It even spawned a meme over it http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/dragon-ba ... ontroversy

It's just unacceptable, you would think with a hugely popular title like dragon ball, they would actually spend the money on good animation and an original story or at the very least have some quality control :uhoh:
There is also other problems like characters in the show acting completely out of charterer just for the sake of cheap comic relief

Guess its time to sweep this under the rug along with gt and pretend it never existed
Sorry for the rant but I'm just disappointed in how this show turned out :shrug:

lolapaolaberry
Org Profile

Post by lolapaolaberry » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:47 pm

I'm actually quite happy with the new series. Like the fact that they're returning a bit to the old first and (hopefully) later gonna head to new stuff. Like the artwork and so far also pretty satisfied with the action :)

exkcal
Org Profile

Post by exkcal » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:24 am

What a disappointment

jt_x
Org Profile

Post by jt_x » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:01 pm

The new arc has breathed some life in it for me. I'm kinda curious where they're going with this multiple universe thing

Cavan
Org Profile

Post by Cavan » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:48 pm

I'm quite looking forward to the interactions between the Universe 7 participants and the fighters from the sixth, particularly with characters such as Frost and Cabba. I'm also quite intrigued by what race Hit is; upon first glance, I thought he was Universe 6's Cell. :D

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:50 am

I hope the fights can involve a bit more of actual skill/tactics/martial arts rather than just giant explosions. The fight between beerus and goku was honestly pretty boring IMO, I miss some of the late dragon ball/early dragon ball z fights.

jt_x
Org Profile

Post by jt_x » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:12 pm

Jasta85 wrote:I hope the fights can involve a bit more of actual skill/tactics/martial arts rather than just giant explosions. The fight between beerus and goku was honestly pretty boring IMO, I miss some of the late dragon ball/early dragon ball z fights.
I agree so much :up: :up: :up: . This is the reason why I liked the original dragon ball so much more.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”