Terra Formars

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Terra Formars

Post by mirkosp » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:02 pm

Wikipedia wrote:In an attempt to colonize Mars, 21st century scientists were tasked with warming up the planet so that humans could survive on its surface. They came up with an efficient and cost effective plan of sending cockroaches and mold to the surface so that the mold would absorb the sunlight and purify the atmosphere, while feeding the insects whose corpses would help the mold spread throughout the planet.

Five hundred years later, the first manned ship to Mars lands on the planet and the six crew members are attacked by giant mutated humanoid cockroaches with incredible physical strength later labeled as Terraformars. Before the crew members are easily wiped out, they manage only to send a transmission back to Earth. Decades later, a multinational expedition is sent to exterminate the mutated bugs and take control of the planet just to be wiped out as well, except for two survivors who managed to return to Earth, with one of them swearing to one day return to Mars and avenge their fallen companions. As a third expedition is assembled, questions are raised about the true origin of the Terraformars and their connection with a mysterious disease that is afflicting mankind back on Earth.

To fight the Terraformars' strength and agility, the members of the second and third expedition undergo genetic modification to inherit the characteristics of other organisms, only possible after having a special organ implanted inside their bodies with only a 30% chance of surviving the surgery.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Re: Terra Formars

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:50 pm

I was interested in this however the horrible censorship combined with the fact that everyone is dying left right and center right from the beginning of the series just made it painful to watch. going to hold off until later on to finish this series off

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:07 pm

I think what does it for me is before or during the action, there's either a narrative exposition and/or a flashback. I'm fine with the exposition, but in combination with the flashbacks it throws me off. I'd prefer if the flashbacks were their own entire episode by themselves as they seem disruptive as they are. I'm probably gonna put this on hold until I get better internet.
Under Construction

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:29 am

I like how they played the song "mars" in this anime. I was literally sitting there like "wtf?! OMG!!!"

AMVMadness
Org Profile

Post by AMVMadness » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:38 am

I just made an AMV about this anime as my debut for this forum. Just waiting for my post to be approved. ;(

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:33 pm

Welcome on the Org, AMVMadness! Somebody confirmed your post before me, but since I was at it, I confirmed the database entry for Terra Formars, so you can upload your AMV on LOCAL too, now. :)

Now as for TF... I kind of miss the ridiculous censorship. It was funny in its own way. :uhoh:

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”