Blue Exorcist

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
ibabrak
Org Profile

Re: Ao no Exorcist

Post by ibabrak » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:20 pm

The heck is this?
Spoiler :
They make Yukio Paladin and principal, then they start killing all demons in the name of god for the purpose of Rin becoming human. After that they kill Rin and Yukio's all demon-blue-flamy? All this in only one episode?! I don't like where this is going... it's changing too quickly... as if they suddenly decided to make 13 eps into 1... if it's gonna go with this pace, it is not gonna have more than 26 eps :(
ImageImage

Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:15 pm

ibabrak wrote:The heck is this?
Spoiler :
They make Yukio Paladin and principal, then they start killing all demons in the name of god for the purpose of Rin becoming human. After that they kill Rin and Yukio's all demon-blue-flamy? All this in only one episode?! I don't like where this is going... it's changing too quickly... as if they suddenly decided to make 13 eps into 1... if it's gonna go with this pace, it is not gonna have more than 26 eps :(
Spoiler :
I think its more of Satan took over Yukios body because of Rin's death (if he is truly dead). The gate was opened but he needed a body. Yukio's was probably the weakest in that moment of watching his brother being sacrificed... or something along these lines..

uncreative
Org Profile

Post by uncreative » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:20 pm

Spoiler :
It's supposed to have 24. Once you veer off the manga shows tend to end pretty quickly.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:47 pm

Ok, so I saw that Ibarak, Hagaren and kireblue liked it, so I thought it'd give it a shot.

Saw the first episode, and I think it's something that could be interesting. It certainly got me hooked. I'll leave my final thoughts until I see more.
Spoiler :
HOLY SHIT ITS A SPAWN OF SATAN. O_O

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:30 pm

CodeZTM wrote:Ok, so I saw that Ibarak, Hagaren and kireblue liked it, so I thought it'd give it a shot.

Saw the first episode, and I think it's something that could be interesting. It certainly got me hooked. I'll leave my final thoughts until I see more.
Spoiler :
yeah, this show starts out as just being good and interesting. But if you give it a little time, it really starts to become awesome. I really hope that we get a second season.

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:25 am

uncreative wrote:
Spoiler :
It's supposed to have 24. Once you veer off the manga shows tend to end pretty quickly.
Yeah, I guess you're right... too bad it's coming out monthly :( .... too many good shows are about to end. (not only those 13ep long) :(
kireblue wrote:
CodeZTM wrote:Ok, so I saw that Ibarak, Hagaren and kireblue liked it, so I thought it'd give it a shot.

Spoiler :
yeah, this show starts out as just being good and interesting. But if you give it a little time, it really starts to become awesome. I really hope that we get a second season.
Truth to that... it really has it's own way to earn your favor. :awesome:
ImageImage

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:26 pm

episode 22 was pretty intense. So much happened, and I loved every second of it.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:28 pm

Yeah, it's official, this show has totally jumped the shark. :?
Spoiler :
Satan. Freaking Satan. I figured they would have an interesting, compelling reason for him to choose Yuri to give birth to his children, but what is the reason? "BAAW I DONT WANT TO BURN THE THINGS I LOVE". What. "BTW what is life?" WHAT. You're totally allowed to take Satan's general 'character' and change it a bit, but this is just...making him kind of a moron. Yuri's reasoning for accepting him was kinda cheap too.

I dunno, this show has been on a decline since whats-her-boobs was introduced. The first half of the show for the most part had the theme of "Lets become Exwires!", and then we get treated to this huge mood whiplash before any of the characters get ANY closer to their goals. If it had 50 eps to better pace things, than it might have worked butter but this...if it wasn't two eps away from finishing, I probably would drop it.
[/negativity]

uncreative
Org Profile

Post by uncreative » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:00 am

Hagaren Viper wrote:I dunno, this show has been on a decline since whats-her-boobs was introduced.
Personally I come down more on where Rin was arrested, since that's where they started getting more original than they needed. But that's the risk you take with premature adaptions. Everyone is supposed to have way more of a problem with Rin's background for quite a while after that, but they just sort of all got over it right away.

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:06 am

uncreative wrote:
Hagaren Viper wrote:I dunno, this show has been on a decline since whats-her-boobs was introduced.
Personally I come down more on where Rin was arrested, since that's where they started getting more original than they needed. But that's the risk you take with premature adaptions. Everyone is supposed to have way more of a problem with Rin's background for quite a while after that, but they just sort of all got over it right away.
Yeah, this story jump should be in another 24 episodes, not 2-3...
I also thought that the fact that they're satans kids would be more of an WATTHEFUCK kind of thing than the way they did it... I mean who's sane enough to give birth to satans kids... I thought that it would be messed up but in more of "satan possesed someone strong enough, so he wouldn't be all blue flamy, had sex with a girl and then left and nobody knew anything until the delivery"...
ImageImage

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”