Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
SovietJedi
Org Profile

Re: Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Post by SovietJedi » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:54 pm

What I'm really concerned about is the dub. How, and when, are they going to make it when they haven't even dubbed the second season yet?

LOL BLURRY

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:23 pm

You're concerned... about the time the dubbers have to make the dub?
... SovietJedi, there isn't a time limit on when they'll dub it. Its not like they have 3 months to fully dub season 2 and the movie. Here's how it'll work:

#1: They'll be taking a couple months or weeks to fully dub Season 2
#2: They will then dub the movie a couple months later.

It's THAT simple. :|
Bandai's released live video footage of their ASOS Brigade series (comedic, fun, behind-the-scenes look at the dubbing of Haruhi Suzumiya), which means they're working on dubbing Season 2 right now. In the video footage, amidst the comedy, there's shots of the VAs hard at work dubbing each character (eg. Crispin Freeman dubbing his parts as Kyon.)
Hell, they've even got video footage of the english-ified version of Season 2's OPENING, already!

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:07 am

EkaCoralian wrote:I'm a little confused. o_o
So apparently the movie has aired already, so its in Japanese theaters (because apparently the release date was February 6th, 2010, according to another source I check often.) Was the movie pushed back or something? Because I can't seem to find a subbed version anywhere. Of course, since its a movie, it'll take longer. But I'd say 2 weeks tops.
Either way, I think we can await a subbed version of the movie fairly soon (unless the movie was pushed back and the date given was not updated.)
You'd be looking for the screener then, like the rest of us (me.) Just seems like screeners are not very common out of Japan :/

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:39 am

It should also be added that Japanese DVD release cycles are notoriously slow. It is usually a long time between theater screening and DVD release there. So without a screener, you may well be waiting months for even a DVD-based fansub to pop up :/
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

SovietJedi
Org Profile

Post by SovietJedi » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:15 pm

EkaCoralian wrote:You're concerned... about the time the dubbers have to make the dub?
... SovietJedi, there isn't a time limit on when they'll dub it. Its not like they have 3 months to fully dub season 2 and the movie. Here's how it'll work:

Bandai's released live video footage of their ASOS Brigade series (comedic, fun, behind-the-scenes look at the dubbing of Haruhi Suzumiya), which means they're working on dubbing Season 2 right now. In the video footage, amidst the comedy, there's shots of the VAs hard at work dubbing each character (eg. Crispin Freeman dubbing his parts as Kyon.)
Hell, they've even got video footage of the english-ified version of Season 2's OPENING, already!
I haven't been keeping up with ASOS Brigade, I had no idea.

KTHXBAI.

LOL BLURRY

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:31 am

Alright, there is a terrible quality screener out. Despite it's terribleness, I will watch it later today. :amv:

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:23 am

SovietJedi wrote:
EkaCoralian wrote:You're concerned... about the time the dubbers have to make the dub?

I haven't been keeping up with ASOS Brigade, I had no idea.

KTHXBAI.
That wasn't my point. My point was that I have no idea how you came up with the idea that dubbers had a time limit to dub something. o_0 The ASOS info wad just extra in order to tell you that they are indeed dubbing S2.
Endless Eight arc 'n' all. o_o

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:27 pm

Watched. Withholding all comments. :O

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:36 pm

I couldn't help giggling the whole time.
Image Image

Tenshi K. Tama
Org Profile

Post by Tenshi K. Tama » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:57 pm

It's been awhile since I've watched it but there was an episode where Yuki is reading and there is noise in the background for a pretty long interval of time. What was that noise? Some people say it was the radio while others say it was some girls practicing or something.
I never thought that there would be the day...when this this sig would be upgraded.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”