FINAL 2 DAYS!!!!!!

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:46 am

flint_the_dwarf wrote:
dwchang wrote:
)v(ajin Koji wrote:ehh, I'm glad just to be nominated-especially since that's as far as i'm probably going to get.
Yeah what he said...
Yeah, because it's not like anyone likes your videos or has any idea who you are. :roll:
Wasn't Glory of Love that Bible Black vid?

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:03 am

dwchang wrote: No, of course. I just would've found it equally funny to come out of nowhere with a random stick drawing comic. Sort of interrupting your fun, but again that'd be asshole-ish.
Interrupting? More like adding on to :wink:
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

wolf_hunter
Org Profile

Post by wolf_hunter » Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:06 pm

chang loves the attention ;)

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:49 pm

flint_the_dwarf wrote:Yeah, because it's not like anyone likes your videos or has any idea who you are. :roll:
Honestly, I don't see myself walking away with anything. It is ultimately a popularity contest and although some folks like my stuff, I see plenty of folks with equally good videos and a larger fanbase. Again, I'm just happy getting as far as I did. No point in getting my hopes up and if I do win something, it'll be that much more surprised and less disappointing if I lose ;). And it's not like I'd be losing to a "bad" video or anything.

If you think otherwise, then feel free. I don't, so that's how I feel.
wolf_hunter wrote:chang loves the attention
:roll:
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:17 pm

dwchang wrote:Honestly, I don't see myself walking away with anything. It is ultimately a popularity contest and although some folks like my stuff, I see plenty of folks with equally good videos and a larger fanbase.
That's what he was saying. ^_^; You're pretty famous to begin with, and your videos have been shown on the 'big screen' as well as nabbing themselves perma spots on the top list. As far as exposure goes, I think most of the people voting have already downloaded and watched 'Glory of Love' (it was *the* Dwchang video according to talk when I first watched it myself, 'Evolution' being just as well-known - heck, almost every time someone mentions the 'piano key' effect in a thread here, your name comes up - of *course* you're famous ;p ). So you won't get as much out of this as the unknown editors.

But it's still an ego boost. ^.^ And that's not a bad thing.

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:21 pm

Um....

Could someone define 'big screen' here?

Meaning at a 'con, just to a large audience, on a physically big screen....

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:30 pm

Kalium wrote:Um....

Could someone define 'big screen' here?

Meaning at a 'con, just to a large audience, on a physically big screen....
Eh... ^_^;;; No one calls it the 'big screen' here - that was just me slipping into my own slang. I meant 'con'. Usually if people talk about cons, they say 'con' - I just tend to think of those more as movie theater performances than actual contests, so 'big screen' came out. It just means a con.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:44 pm

Lol, you said so much and meant so little. <3

Well it's the final day, good luck to everyone who was nominated. And no hard feelings if you didn't win anything. :? It's just a contest.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

)v(ajin Koji
Org Profile

Post by )v(ajin Koji » Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:54 pm

flint_the_dwarf wrote:Lol, you said so much and meant so little.
Where's the lub-oh wait..
flint_the_dwarf wrote:<3
There it is.
flint_the_dwarf wrote:Well it's the final day, good luck to everyone who was nominated. And no hard feelings if you didn't win anything. :? It's just a contest.
Yeah x2, everyone good luck and all that.
I'm bored and you're dumb. A match made in heaven.
- Kai Stromler to son_goten.
Last edited by )v(ajin Koji on Mon 21, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:59 pm

Arigatomyna wrote:
dwchang wrote:Honestly, I don't see myself walking away with anything. It is ultimately a popularity contest and although some folks like my stuff, I see plenty of folks with equally good videos and a larger fanbase.
That's what he was saying. ^_^; You're pretty famous to begin with, and your videos have been shown on the 'big screen' as well as nabbing themselves perma spots on the top list. As far as exposure goes, I think most of the people voting have already downloaded and watched 'Glory of Love' (it was *the* Dwchang video according to talk when I first watched it myself, 'Evolution' being just as well-known - heck, almost every time someone mentions the 'piano key' effect in a thread here, your name comes up - of *course* you're famous ;p ). So you won't get as much out of this as the unknown editors.

But it's still an ego boost. ^.^ And that's not a bad thing.
However, my point is that I'm don't really care too much about the results and that I'm happy with just this. Maybe I'm misinterpretting what Flint said (I figured he was saying I'd win). I'm not arguing if my videos have been seen or not. I'm just saying that I'm content the way things are regardless of the results and that I feel I won't win (and no this isn't some self-pity thing).

As for the "big screen," I think that has a very small relation with respect to the .org. Most of the voters here, I would imagine, are not the same ones who voted for you at a contest or saw your video there. At the same time, I imagine "names" mean much more here then they do at a contest (where they see the video as opposed to a name and quite frankly don't care who you are). Regardless, I think be playing at a con wouldn't affect the results as much as you're implying.

Don't get me wrong though, I do agree that my two videos have received sufficient exposure (which is another reason I am content), but just figured I'd chime in on that since I too thought cons would be related, but then realized it's two different audiences.

I guess we'll see in a few days (although I have a feeling we're going to have a run-off in a few categories).

As for the famous bit, I'm at least glad to see that in itatlics since well...famous in such a niche' hobby? And it's not like I started out that way :-P.
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2004”