Someone tell me I'm confused

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:52 pm

Scintilla wrote:Why not, if it breaks the rules?
Double standards?

Heh... don't mean to imply anything here of course. I hold AD in the highest regard. Maybe it just didn't occur to them to check their own videos... but then, I'm not going to say something I'll regret. Maybe BBT's drawings can be considered anime...
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

wolf_hunter
Org Profile

Post by wolf_hunter » Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:11 pm

Scintilla wrote:I remember reading somewhere a statement that EK's drawings counted as anime for being-allowed-to-stay purposes.
Scintilla wrote:I remember reading somewhere a statement that EK's drawings counted as anime for being-allowed-to-stay purposes.

this is true and it should be like this. nuff said

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:27 pm

You guys aren't taking into account the fact that the video features scenes from Shameless Rock Video and Believe. I don't know if that qualifies as using at least SOME anime as a source, and I personally don't care all that much as to whether it stays qualified or not, but it is true.
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:52 pm

Why doesn't it list the anime used, then? That would settle everything. Right now the biggest problem is that the vid description includes *no* anime, and yet it was not automatically DQ'd with the rest of the vids that didn't list any anime content.

Just edit the vid description. :?

kmv
Org Profile

Post by kmv » Sat Feb 07, 2004 2:50 am

Summary of answers: "Because".

Cool, I like simple answers. :)

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:32 am

Beowulf wrote:People. There is a heirarchy.
:up:
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:21 am

first off, the video itself is AMV oriented... so wouldn't you think it would be at a-m-v.org? second... it's not like it's using only back to the future or only fargo. third, you can't compare it to the other non-anime videos... cuase it shouldn't even be compaired to anime music videos... it's almost like it's in a class of its own. it's more like a doc then a music video. and finaly, it's phades website... he can keep what ever the fuck he wants. thats the joy of owning your own website and servers.

Pwolf

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:57 am

Pwolf wrote:it's more like a doc then a music video.
Then why is it in the contest? Does this mean the AWA and NES docs should be allowed?
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Sat Feb 07, 2004 8:50 am

flint_the_dwarf wrote: Then why is it in the contest? Does this mean the AWA and NES docs should be allowed?
If they were, theyd clean house :?

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Sat Feb 07, 2004 8:59 am

OK, OK, lot's of issues to address.

1) The video does contain anime, but as it happens I haven't specified it all. It contains DBZ, FLCL etc etc. "Original Animation" is classed on the database as anime because that's the way Phade wanted it - this fact has already been stated in the Site Announcements forum. The video does not break the site rules as mixed sources are acceptable.

2) Is it a music video? It is part music video part plain parody. The opening is a trailer music video, the rocky sequence is a music video with original footage much like "Failed Experiments" is and so on. The other elements are fan parodies. It's not 100% music video but that's true of many things on the org. I Wish I Was a Lesbian is almost 50% spoken word.

3) The reason it doesn't list all the sources is because I've been kinda busy doing important org type things so I was going to wait until after the VCA to add all the anime in the video.

I hope that answers most of the questions. There's no foul play, no heirarchy - the video isn't like most videos but it is valid on the database. You can argue that it isn't an anime music video if you like but I say that parts of the video can easily be classed as amvs. If you do not agree then simply don't vote for it.

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2004”