Someone tell me I'm confused

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:11 am

flint_the_dwarf wrote:
Pwolf wrote:it's more like a doc then a music video.
Then why is it in the contest? Does this mean the AWA and NES docs should be allowed?
i never said it was a doc tho... to me it's in a catagory of it's own... it's neither an amv, or a doc... it's just what it is. plus it's more anime then non-anime. those docs are all "non-anime" and the only things animated are whatever comes up on the camera.
AbsoluteDestiny wrote:If you do not agree then simply don't vote for it.
yea, what he said :\

Pwolf

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:25 am

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:1) The video does contain anime, but as it happens I haven't specified it all. It contains DBZ, FLCL etc etc.
So what it comes down to is... AD is horrible at entering his videos. :P
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Jebadia
Org Profile

Post by Jebadia » Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:12 am

flint_the_dwarf wrote:
Pwolf wrote:it's more like a doc then a music video.
Then why is it in the contest? Does this mean the AWA and NES docs should be allowed?
It's more like a twisted episode of Seinfeld.
"If you believe in yourself, eat all your school, stay on milk, drink your teeth, don't do sleep, and get your eight hours of drugs, you can get WORK!"
Paperskunk:...PENIS!!!!!!!!! GIANT PENIS!!!!!!!!!! ERMAC WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!!!!!! GIANT JUICY PENIS!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH MY EYES!!!!!!

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:25 pm

Anything 'original' is classified as anime in the database...

i.e. Original Art, drawings, animation...

...so remember in the future for your live action videos to make a self animated bumper and you'll be fine. :roll:

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:35 pm

~_~ btw AD I'm not picking on you, just the system... I actually voted it for the parody category. I just don't think original footage should have any determining factor as to what is non-anime or anime... that's all. :?

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:25 pm

A video can use the "original animation" entry to bypass the database in exactly the same way as they can by just putting in an anime title that the video doesn't contain. However, that doesn't stop any one of the mods watching that video and getting rid of it.

Of course the system is flawed - but it is flawed because the creators are trusted to not abuse it, not because "Original Animation" is considered to be anime. The database descriptions are just data - if a video abuses the org's storage rules there's always mods and admins there to remove it when someone points it out.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:43 pm

flint_the_dwarf wrote:
AbsoluteDestiny wrote:1) The video does contain anime, but as it happens I haven't specified it all. It contains DBZ, FLCL etc etc.
So what it comes down to is... AD is horrible at entering his videos. :P
:lol:

Pwolf

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:41 pm

One thing I would like to point out is that Non-anime in my mind means a video that does not have any "Anime Content". This does not have to mean that all the clips are anine, but rather that the video does no deal with Anime... In this case, Road to Iron Chief is a pardoy about Anime Music Videos so I would consider it to have Anime Content... Same goes for Failed Experiments....

Vlad

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2004”