I am a tad purturbed at a few things [rant]

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:39 pm

I agree but there isn't much that can be done... aside from Phade sifting through the nominees and weeding out the top videos that don't fit the categories before the final voting. Because editors can decide what categories their video falls under you can only hope it is in the best category. A lot of viewers don't really pay attention to the categories, they just vote for their favorites on the page that is provided for them.

)v(ajin Koji
Org Profile

Post by )v(ajin Koji » Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:34 pm

Ashyukun wrote:
Tash wrote:Isn't elvis vs anime a parody of the actual music video?

I think she said it was a copy of it.
Correct. She took the original video and remade it nearly scene-for-scene using anime instead of the live action that was in the original. It's a damn good video even without knowing that, but how well she matches up with the original makes it even better.
x2

An amazing video, it took over a year to make too i think....
I'm bored and you're dumb. A match made in heaven.
- Kai Stromler to son_goten.
Last edited by )v(ajin Koji on Mon 21, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:47 pm

What can I say, it's the Viewers Choice Awards.

First of all, it your trying to apply total "political" correctness to this contest, then your brain is fried just as bad. There is no logic here, and videos will be nominated in catagories they might not belong in. It is the will of the people and there will be nominations based on emotion and not logic.

I just find it so interesting why the VCA awards are so SLAMED all the time. GO read the Yahoo AMV mailing list and see what I mean as well! But ironically when all fan balloted contests are run, the masses don't slam them!

In the end, audiance voting will always be flawed in respect to judging the true attributes of a video most of the time. Is this bad? It all depends on how you look at it, if that's the nature of the contests then no, if that is not the intent of the contest, then the contest should be done by qualified judging and not the audiance.. quite logical right?

So, the VCA are defined as the VIEWERS CHOICE AWARDS which mean that they are chosed by the membership at large (or the general audinace in that respect). This means people some will vote based on the video's criteria, so based on what they like, and others on pur spur of the moment emotions... THat is a reality and is no different than a contests using a sound meter, ballots, show of hands, polls, etc, etc....

My advice.... watch all th evideos, and vote on what you think meets the catagory the best. If there is a video you dissagree with, don't vote for it.. plain and simple.... If you dissagree with the contest itself, dont vote period.

In the end, it's this kind of crap that will eventually drive me to retire releaseing any more AMVs in the future :(

Vlad

Wonka
Org Profile

Post by Wonka » Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:49 pm

Gary: Well put.

Ashyukun: Thank you for letting us know about Elvis vs Anime. I honestly had not picked up on that at all, so that helps alot.

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:32 pm

Yes, thanks for pointing out that "Elv1s vs. An1me" is actually a parody. I will have to find that original music video sometime. Also, again, sorry if I offended anyone, or made anyonemad.

Vlad: Nobody wants you to retire! That would be very sucky.

Anyway, I have to go to work now, where I get to kick stupid little kids out of the movie theater for talking too loud during "You Got Served".
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:51 pm

I think you need to use more bold tags.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Masahiko29
Org Profile

First Videos

Post by Masahiko29 » Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:59 pm

Garylisk wrote:
True, I find "CHIHUAHUA!" to be a frickin' awesome video that would give any seasoned editor a run for their money... but this category should be for new editors. It's unfair to have people who have been in the scene for a while in there.
Your rant insinuates that K-type, creator of CHIHUAHUA!, is not a new editor by adding "... but this category should be for new editors." Per his profile he became a member 2003-04-01 and premired CHIHUAHUA! 2003-06-21. The comments on the download page say "Yep. This is my first AMV. What do you think?" I agree with you. I think it's frickin' awesome. K-type's up for Rookie of the Year too. I'm just surprised CHIHUAHUA! wasn't nominated for Best Lip Synch. It's an awsome example of action, lyric and lip synch. (Watch for the nose flare).

Good luck to all nominees.

Tash
Org Profile

Post by Tash » Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:37 pm

I think you read it wrong

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:20 pm

I think he typed it wrong but we all knew what he meant. :/

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:37 am

Yeah, sorry about my grammar there. I'm usually pretty good about that sort of stuff, but it was late and I was trying to get that post done before I passed out.
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2004”