I JUST DONT KNOW!!?!?!?!!!!?!!

wolf_hunter
Org Profile

I JUST DONT KNOW!!?!?!?!!!!?!!

Post by wolf_hunter » Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:14 am

omg someone help me decide who to vote for for best horror/terror. this is by FAR the BEST catagory at the VCA's this year. this is how EVERY catagory should be. it should be at the point where u dont even know who to vote for :?

Anger Management - this video is so wrong...............IT SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN MADE!!!!!!!!! PH34RRR!!!!!! :o

Bleed The Sky - while i realy wouldnt consider this horror/terror rather more action it does have vampires/blood/editing WEEEEEE!

Haunted - editing GENIOUS this is. song flows with the anime, the transitions *ENVY* and u just gota go OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo when u watch

Mitternacht - ITS FUCKING MITTERNACHT!!!! wats not to luv :D :twisted:

Variations of D Minor - i didnt expect a video this GOOD to be done to this kind of metal music. and when he goes "this....IS....HELL!!!!" i shivered, true story

SO OMFG WAT TO DO!?!?!?!?!?!

right now im looking at anger managment and variation in D minor for the vote but i keep watching the others over again and im like ><

help :cry:

/lame :roll: but true ;)

wolf_hunter
Org Profile

Re: I JUST DONT KNOW!!?!?!?!!!!?!!

Post by wolf_hunter » Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:18 am

wolf_hunter wrote: u just gota go o when u watch

OMFG THAT DAMN ooo FILTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

BAH!!!! >:O

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:22 am

Hmmm, well Bleed the Sky is more action-oriented than horror and that goes the same with Variations D Minor. So you can scratch those off. Anger Managment screws up your mind with bunch of effects which can be scary. Haunted does give off an errie feeling, but not so much to a certain degree. And Mitternacht is a great representation of horror/terror, but I wasn't too scared.

In my opinion, go for Anger Management.
ImageImage

wolf_hunter
Org Profile

Post by wolf_hunter » Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:33 am

angelx03 wrote:Hmmm, well Bleed the Sky is more action-oriented than horror and that goes the same with Variations D Minor. So you can scratch those off. Anger Managment screws up your mind with bunch of effects which can be scary. Haunted does give off an errie feeling, but not so much to a certain degree. And Mitternacht is a great representation of horror/terror, but I wasn't too scared.

In my opinion, go for Anger Management.

how can u see variations in d minor is more action? its got plenty of horror to pass around. so that and anger managment are my leading 2 as i said earlier........but damn haunted just keeps looking better :roll:

cause im thinking like: haunted had the best editing but the other 2 just had the song to set the mood :|

ima be walking in circles around this catagory till the polls actualy close :roll:

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:35 am

I'd agree partially in that this is a tough category. I love almost all the videos in this category, but am a bit partial to "Variations in D Minor" since I've been rooting for it since ACen/May and at Fanime and Otakon. Then again, it did finally win at AWA, so maybe it's time to share the spotlight? Maybe not :).

Good luck to all 5 videos!
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:45 am

I for one love Vancor's video. It's gorgeous.

Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:02 pm

I'd like to take this time to make a mini-rant.

Vampires and blood ARE NOT HORROR. Its ACTION. The only horror video in the running is Anger Management. It has a dark and twisted atmosphere which is about as close a video can get to actually scaring me.

Bleed The Sky is ACTION. Nu-Metal is not and never will be scary, I don't care how many vampires and zombies you have. Its not horror. Horror is scary, this is not.

Putting Haunted in horror is a joke. That videos is great but the only thing "horror" about it is the title of the song. Bullets and wolves do not make horror. The atmosphere is Evenescence for christ sake. It even has romantic elements to it. Showing a couple shots of that guy having nightmares doesn't make it horror.

Mitternacht is in the same boat as bleed the sky. Hellsing + VHD:B + Blood is not horror. Its catchy rammsteinesque music with popular clips from popular anime. How can anyone be scared by this? Honestly? Is there a scary atmosphere? No. Is it dark and creepy? No. Its about Alucard shooting zombies, D screaming, and whats-her-name slicing little vampire girls. Not scarey.

Variations in D Minor is equally ridiculous to put in horror. I love this video to peices but how on earth can anyone be scared by POWER METAL? Pounding double bass and shredding 80's guitar riffs don't scare me one bit, in fact its kind of campy in its own way. This is not a dark and terrifying atmosphere. This is more of an adventure vibe.

Please note that I like all of these videos and I'm not ripping on them, but we need to call a spade a spade. The above mentioned are absolutely not horror. The only true horror video that has ever been made in the past two years is Alternate Reality and maybe Butterfly. There are a couple exceptional ones that are very creepy and dark like Anger Management, but the above mentioned are aboslutely NOT that.

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:12 pm

Beowulf wrote:The only true horror video that has ever been made in the past two years is Alternate Reality and maybe Butterfly.
PH333333AR TEH BUTTERFLY!!! :P
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:15 pm

dokidoki wrote:
Beowulf wrote:The only true horror video that has ever been made in the past two years is Alternate Reality and maybe Butterfly.
PH333333AR TEH BUTTERFLY!!! :P
I don't know Tim, that Alien 9 footage was pretty scary.

Same with that Utena footage of that red-haired kid with his shirt off...ACK MEIN EYES!!!!
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:15 pm

Dangit >:O

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2004”