ok so it realy comes down to this

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:45 pm

Arigatomyna wrote:
dwchang wrote:
Arigatomyna wrote:and dwchang & vegita were both decent to begin with.
Uhm have you seen my first video? heh...
Actually I haven't, but if it's available, I intend to watch at least one of your early vids before making my vote. ;p
Fair enough. I'm not saying I deserve it perse, but there has been improvement since I joined in 2002 ;).
Arigatomyna wrote:And Ryan, I'm not being modest. I *would* like to think I have a chance for most helpful, but not improved. As far as I know, in the past that section has been for members from the previous year who've improved over at least a year's time. I don't qualify for that. I don't remember if it was Flint or someone else who said it, but I haven't been here long enough to get that. I just don't have the experience.
I don't mean to say you don't deserve it or anything, but that's also how I voted. I figured this was an award for 2nd+ year creators. Like you compared their work from the past and onwards to see if there was major improvement. I could be wrong, but that's how I saw it.
Arigatomyna wrote:that's what you get when most of your vids are romance vids for a generally disliked genre.
I know what you mean on romance which is seen in my reviews (or rather how black and white they are), but there are fans *shrug*

Again good luck!
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

Braveliver
Org Profile

Post by Braveliver » Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:04 pm

Arigatomyna wrote:that's what you get when most of your vids are romance vids for a generally disliked genre.
I don't know Ari. I think the fact that you have practically legitimized the Beishonen-Ai video as a genre of its own is a feat of its own, but I have had the privalege to see you grow as a creator from the first time I joined the org, and you have really done well for yourself. You deserve to be in these ranks as much as anyone else does, and don't belittle our judgement by saying you don't. I knew I didn't have a chance at any catagory, and was flattered that you listed me on your list of most helpful :oops: , but every prediction I made of your chances has come out true to the letter. You deserved to have the title of "One of the most improved creators", "One of the most helpful members", and "One of the best rookies of the Year."

All of you who are nominated should be proud of yourselves, every last one of you. My hats are off to everyone here. Thank you for creating such good videos, and being such outstanding members.

Three Chears. Hip Hip Horaayy! :D
Ah, yah wan tah know how I got mah name do ya? Well now, when I was a wee little tyke of 1 year ah wen a crawling up to a keg o' fire ale an started licken the spout. Mah mother saw meh and says, "Ah what a BraveLiver you got there," an the name stuck.
You can view my videos by <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... ">clicking here</a>. Please leave an opinion. I really want to know what you think.

Tash
Org Profile

Post by Tash » Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:30 pm

You guys should really meet in person :shock:

Voices_Of_Ryan
Org Profile

Post by Voices_Of_Ryan » Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:32 pm

Tash wrote:You guys should really meet in person :shock:
We should all meet...
Like gather in one place at one time.

That would be insane.
"hey... no"

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:41 pm

Braveliver wrote:
I don't know Ari. I think the fact that you have practically legitimized the Beishonen-Ai video as a genre of its own is a feat of its own.
Heh, you'd think one of those 'one-of-a-kind' romance vids would have been considered 'most original'. But I made too many of them. My goal - to have the status of shonen ai creator. I think I'm about there - just wait till you see my new vid. ^.~
...but I have had the privalege to see you grow as a creator from the first time I joined the org, and you have really done well for yourself. You deserve to be in these ranks as much as anyone else does, and don't belittle our judgement by saying you don't.
You know me - a person is his own worst critic, and I've never done well in popularity contests. But I'd agree - it was very nice to see new creators improve over the last year. I *really* wish Paulo hadn't been DQ'd - I would have voted for him in a heartbeat - new member or not. Just thinking of those first rm vids I downloaded off his site and one of his latest - Premiere effect-laden yet strong drama vid - that's a huge leap of improvement. And I *do* think I've improved a great deal, don't get me wrong. I just haven't peaked. Until I do, I'm still improving. Because once you peak, you're striving to outdo yourself - and there's no fun in that unless you're a masochist. ^_^
I knew I didn't have a chance at any catagory, and was flattered that you listed me on your list of most helpful :oops:
Now who's belittling himself? ;p I'm sure I could find a *lot* of new editors who'd attest to how helpful you have been. And nice about it, too. ^_^
...but every prediction I made of your chances has come out true to the letter. You deserved to have the title of "One of the most improved creators", "One of the most helpful members", and "One of the best rookies of the Year."
You're biased, and I'm flattered. :oops: But don't get me excited about this - I don't deal well with disappointment. I like it better underground. 8)
All of you who are nominated should be proud of yourselves, every last one of you. My hats are off to everyone here. Thank you for creating such good videos, and being such outstanding members.

Three Chears. Hip Hip Horaayy! :D
x2 ^_^

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Re: 3

Post by Arigatomina » Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:42 pm

Voices_Of_Ryan wrote:
We should all meet...

That would be insane.
I swear I'll make it to a con *some* day to meet the cool editors. But I'll probably be 30 by then. :?

Braveliver
Org Profile

Re: 3

Post by Braveliver » Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:47 pm

Voices_Of_Ryan wrote:
We should all meet...

That would be insane.
Well, I hope to attend A-Kon again this year, so maybe we will bump into each other there. I will be the one in the James Dean leather jacket and the weather beaten leather fedora, man do I love that hat. Great at keeping the rain from my face. Makes me look like a cross between Sean Connery in "The League" and Indiana Jones. Actually, scratch the Jacket, too hot in July for the jacket, and I am sure it will not help me in achieving any 5 finger discounts. *JK*

You would probably find me in the Con Suite giving my time freely to feed you ingrates our pain-stakingly made penut butter sandwiches, and I usually pay for my tickets anyway. I just volunteer to help out.

By the way Ari,
Arigatomyna wrote:
...but every prediction I made of your chances has come out true to the letter. You deserved to have the title of "One of the most improved creators", "One of the most helpful members", and "One of the best rookies of the Year."

You're biased, and I'm flattered. But don't get me excited about this - I don't deal well with disappointment. I like it better underground.

Ari, you know me better than that. I am always honest in everything I do, and biaseness isn't even in my vocabulary. Like in my reviews, I wear my opinions out on my sleave, and when I say you deserve it, it is because you deserve it. As for your chances of winning, you already have won just by being nominated. The rest is just iceing on the cake. And if you wanted to stay in the dark, you should have never made any of those 481 opinions, or those 76 videos (My God, that is more videos in one year than most of us can hope to make in their entire careers. Makes my 8 videos look like a drop in the bucket.) Believe me, you deserve it.
Ah, yah wan tah know how I got mah name do ya? Well now, when I was a wee little tyke of 1 year ah wen a crawling up to a keg o' fire ale an started licken the spout. Mah mother saw meh and says, "Ah what a BraveLiver you got there," an the name stuck.
You can view my videos by <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... ">clicking here</a>. Please leave an opinion. I really want to know what you think.

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:10 am

Go to JACON :)

A lot of the forum regulars are going

El Farlo's JACON Attendee list

Braveliver
Org Profile

Post by Braveliver » Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:31 am

Corran Productions wrote:Go to JACON :)

A lot of the forum regulars are going

El Farlo's JACON Attendee list
Believe me, if I could I would. As it is, I don't get much time off from teaching, and it is all I can do to get to A-Kon this year. Orlando is just a little bit far for me to go.

wolf_hunter
Org Profile

Post by wolf_hunter » Tue Feb 03, 2004 8:16 pm

why cant u ppl stick to 2-3 sentences :cry:

(boy am i lazy :!: )

but yeah vote for me cause everybody loves an underdog (man campaign slogans flying out of the ass :D )

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2004”