Disqualified VCA Creator entries

Atvaark
Org Profile

Post by Atvaark » Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:52 pm

Anyway... In your previous messages, your sentences didn't begin with capital letters, which is a major reason for disqualification.

:lol:

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:17 pm

ambroise wrote: In my case it was one vid premiered in 2001. I actually didn't know the music artist. What's bad about this? You know, all that "the only thing I know is that I know nothing" stuff, ignorance is not a sin, etc.

Even better: I replied to Phade to explain that I wouldn't have any internet access for some days because I was moving from France to the USA, and that I wouldn't be able to fix missing data before some days. He said fine. I was disqualified. Cool.
*is in pissed off mode for other reasons... which doesn't happen often*

first off. according to phade and the rules..

3. Thou shalt not use downloaded music to make AMVs.

if you bough the music you should know who it is. why put unknown if you knew where the song came from? at least listing where the song came from is 100000 times better then saying "I know but i choose to tell people i don't". that's your fualt. why should phade go out of his way to fix all your data (when you can do it yourself), or let you have "extra time". it's not fair for the other creators.

Second, this is for the other people with non-anime videos... this is animemusicvideos.org not nonanimemusicvideos.org. phade has been trying to weed out these nonanime videos for a long time (or so it seems to me.) but he has been nice and letting us add them to the catalog (again, thats what it seems to me.). this site is supposed to be a catalog of anime music videos, so the number of non anime videos is tainting it. There are a lot of videos that i feel should be in the VCAs but the creator chose not to take down their non amvs, which is fine,m that's their choice. but don't complain about it.

Third, this DQ contest is a joke! all your doing is saying to phade "well since we can't be in the VCAs, we'll have our own contest and make it better cuase we can actually participate now" and what makes it even worse... only dq'd members can vote? LOL funniest pile of crap i've ever heard. that's really gona say much when your video wins becuase the voters are mostly newbs who watch pokemon and DBZ and make harrypotter videos (sorry that's a stereotype about newbs... i'm trying to make a point tho, so take no offence pls).

Last but not least, its a fucking contest for god's sake!! contests try to weed out as much as possible so the voters and choose more wisely from the remaing contestants. if i sent my video to AWA this year and was rejected and went off to make my own "Reject AMV Contest" at the convention... i'd look like a dumbass and a really poor sport.

stop being poor sports and go vote for the best videos, or don't, that's your choice. comapling about it does NOTHING. the rules are fair for everyone and help promote the purpose of this website. you win, you lose, that's life. get over it.

Pwolf (Pissed wolf)

Atvaark
Org Profile

Post by Atvaark » Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:53 pm

Pwolf wrote:first off. according to phade and the rules..

OK... And if this is an imported Japanese CD... Thou shalt be able to read Japanese? :lol:

In my case, even CDDB didn't have complete disc information. And I do thank Phade for being able to find this information for me since he obviously cannot find the time to do that for every .org member. But I do NOT thank him for saying "fine" and disqualifying me. That's all.

Anyway... Let's keep Phade out of this... I maintain that I find these rules much too restrictive... That's a right I still have... Just as we have the right to organize any unofficial stupid contest. I shouldn't even need to mention it...

Now to more serious things.

My Officially Competing Disqualified Entry is <b>Zombie</b> (http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=20366).

I like it just as much as Anthem, but I think Anthem is so unique that it doesn't have any competitor to compare to, and, well... Could a UFO win an airplane contest? Zombie is more classic, therefore I will be much prouder of it if it wins. And... Maybe I put more of my heart into Zombie than into Anthem.

(Moreover, Anthem has already won the Best Atvaark Video Whose Title Begins With An A 2004 Award, so well... Let's give a chance to Zombie...)

Atvaark, Amused.

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:34 pm

ambroise wrote:
Pwolf wrote:first off. according to phade and the rules..

OK... And if this is an imported Japanese CD... Thou shalt be able to read Japanese?
well if you bought the cd you would know what cd it is right?. unless you go buying unknown japanese cds for no reason at all. your getting angry at phade becuase of something you should;ve taken care of. phade doesn't go through every single video and say wiether or not it;s dq'd. some peice of code filters through the database and looks to see if they follow a set of guidelines... so it's your fualt you were disqualified.

i'm not pinpointing you or anything, i'm just sick of seeing everyone complain about the rules. there are rules everywhere, you deal with them. everyone had enough time to change their video info/delete non amvs before the nominations. maybe you were gone or something, but that's not phade's or anyone elses problem. it was your responcibility to take care of it.

Pwolf

istiv
Org Profile

Post by istiv » Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:41 pm

i'll vote PWolf for the Best Pissed Off :lol:

Personally i don't care about being disqualified (it's just a contest) but as ambroise said i tought the method is a bit hard ... and i don't like to be ignored like this (i was asking him why he denied my deletion form for the 2 bad videos, then cause of this deny i get disqualified... nothing really hard to answer).

and for the best disqualified contest, it's just a joke, don't get so pissed off cause of this ;) :P
ImageImage
ImageImage

Jebadia
Org Profile

Post by Jebadia » Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:15 pm

istiv wrote:i'll vote PWolf for the Best Pissed Off :lol:
Hell yes.

Anymore nominies?
"If you believe in yourself, eat all your school, stay on milk, drink your teeth, don't do sleep, and get your eight hours of drugs, you can get WORK!"
Paperskunk:...PENIS!!!!!!!!! GIANT PENIS!!!!!!!!!! ERMAC WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!!!!!! GIANT JUICY PENIS!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH MY EYES!!!!!!

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:20 pm

istiv wrote:i'll vote PWolf for the Best Pissed Off :lol:
no no, there are other people who deserve that title :P

i was kinda thinking over the rules a bit and i am pissed off about one of them. the one that says you must have all your videos in the catalog :\ i think that one is just stupid (plus i didn't know where that damned checkbox was for two years >.<). the only rule i can't see how it effects the website or other creators.

Pwolf

sarah-camille
Org Profile

in the end...

Post by sarah-camille » Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:32 am

Heh. Was wondering where a bunch of my absolute favorite videos went when I was doing the nominating thing last night.

At first I was under the impression that a lot of the video creators just didn't want their stuff in the contest so they could try for another title somewhere else. (Musicians do that sometimes and it pisses the hell out of me - do you trust the folks you're playing for, or not? more importantly, do you want more folks to hear you, or are you only interested in the trophy?) In any case, yep, that seemed lame as all get-out, so I'm glad to stumble into this forum today and find out it isn't so.

Sucks, for you, though. My sympathies. Good thing there are a lot more competitions out there.

I'd say, if you want to to make a disqualified contest, go for it as long as it's in GOOD TASTE, LIGHT-HEARTED AND NON-VINDICTIVE IN NATURE and doesn't piss people (or Phade) off. Among other things, it might bring the qualification issue into the minds of more AMVers - either prompting a few more folks to do everything they need to be qualified next year OR starting a glorious grassroots movement to change the rules themselves.

Not that this is Les Miserables or anything.

Ah - and no, I was not implying back there that Phade is not a person...

cheers,

Sarah

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Re: in the end...

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:58 am

sarah-camille wrote:I'd say, if you want to to make a disqualified contest, go for it as long as it's in GOOD TASTE, LIGHT-HEARTED AND NON-VINDICTIVE IN NATURE
Exactly! That's what I thought this was going to be, at first. I thought we were just having a bit of fun. I don't know what it's turned into now, but if it's making people angry then it's time to stop.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Shun
Org Profile

Post by Shun » Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:05 pm

In My Sig Below - Best Disqualified First Video :D

|
|
|
\/

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2004”