Categories

Fungie½
Org Profile

Categories

Post by Fungie½ » Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:21 am

Okay people, I'm just gonna be blantly honest. Some of these category suggestions are just plain stupid. Things like "Best (insert anime) Video" or "Most (insert word) Creator" aren't going to be the categories. I think people should probably go by the categories from last year for now, which are as follows:

Best Action Video
This video excellently uses audio and video to create an exciting, powerful, and action-packed style. The video uses high-adrenaline scene choices, which may consist of appropriately timed actions to the audio.

Best Anime Trailer
The award for the best anime to a movie trailer.

Best Artistic
This award goes to the video whose clips artistically portray the music. The flow and sequence is spectacular, with little or no reliance on effects. You go away actually thinking about it and its meaning.

Best Character Profile
This award would be for the video that best focuses on a single character or creature.

Best Comedy Video
Which video made you rolling on the ground laughing so much, you couldn't think straight for a good ten minutes? Note: Amount of time used for laughing on floor varies.

Best Dance Video
This video makes you want to get up out of your chair and shake your boo-tay.

Best Digital Effects
Digital editing and effects are using effectively and cleanly throughout the video. They are unique and well thought-out, not some haphhazard attempt at making the video more flashy.

Best Dramatic Video
This award goes to a video which brings emotion from the audience and makes them feel the drama that has unfolded before them.

Best First Video
This award goes to a video that premiered first in a creator’s repertoire. It will be awarded based on overall excellence of the video including all factors of technical and artistic merit.

Best Fun Video
This video does not necessarily fit into just the comedy, dance, or action categories, but is more of an upbeat video that best leaves an overall pleasant and elated feeling with the viewer.

Best Horror Video
Best Video that has primary elements in the horrific or scary, either physical or mental.

Best Instrumental Video
This award goes to the video that uses an instrumental song. That means NO LYRICS AT ALL.

Best Lip-Synch Video
This video displayes the best quality (NOT quantity) of lip-synch work there is in a video.

Best New Creator
This award would be for the best creator whose first video was made during the voting period.

Best Original Concept
This award goes to the video that has the most startling and pleasing video concept. Concept can be anything from a combination of anime series, to a combination of music, but the criteria for winning this award are based on all pre-production planning.

Best Parody Video
Best Video in the Parody Genre. The video effectively parodies a subject matter (anime, characters, live-action movie, music video, etc) in the most original, enjoyable and well-made manner. Note that a parody video does NOT necessarily have to be funny/humorous.

Best Romance Video
Best video in the Romance genre. Displaying excellence in emotion/feeling/affection of a relationship. (Can be happy, tragic or otherwise)

Best Sentimental Video
Best video that brings out the inner feelings of the viewer, whether they be of positive or negative emotions, they are ones brought out of their very essense due to the powerful nature and story of the video.

Helping Hand Award
This award goes to the member who has helped time and time again to make this site what it is. This member can make make guides to explain basic principals to people, or patiently answer the same question over and over for some newbie in the forms. This award simply rewards the member who has helped make the site what it is today.

Most Improved Creator
From last year to this year, this creator has improved their work by leaps and bounds!

Most Inovative Video
Which video had the freshest or weirdest ideas and was executed so well you were left behind in ecstasy?

Video of the Year
This video best exemplifies what an anime music video should be. The video creator went out of their way to create a video that both captures and moves the audience, giving them a deeper appreciation for anime, AMVs, and the entire creative process.

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:03 pm

Aren't those the same catagories and descriptions from last year?
ImageImage

Corran
Org Profile

Re: Categories

Post by Corran » Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:05 pm

Fungie½ wrote:I think people should probably go by the categories from last year for now, which are as follows:

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:10 pm

This is why my verbal scores on the SATs really sucked. :oops: :oops:
ImageImage

asrrin29
Org Profile

Post by asrrin29 » Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:15 pm

I didn't know there was a Best Artisitic. I have a chance! XD
Look at me! Look at me! I posted in WOT so I must be evil!!! [/sarcasm]

Look at my new video!