Rember people... play nice, it's only a contest.

User avatar
AbsoluteDestiny
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2001 1:56 pm
Location: Oxford, UK
Contact:
Org Profile

Rember people... play nice, it's only a contest.

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:24 pm

I wish everyone the best of luck for this year's competition, I'm sure some very good videos and creators will get nominations. I'm certainly hoping some of my favourites get recognised.

However, there's a couple of things I'd like to remind people (having witnessed the blood and tears of years past)...


1) Promote your own videos but dont go saying other people's videos are inferior to your own in the same breath. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about other people's work but blowing your own trumpet whilst insulting someone else will just make you look like an egotistic fool.

2) If you haven't got anything nice to say... This forum is for promotions. Posting videos you didn't like isn't going to please anyone, so don't bother. Everyone can say what their faves are but nobody wants to hear which videos you didn't like. They don't care and it's not going to change anyone's mind about their own faves. Posting videos you like will, however, give people the chance to remember videos or watch ones that they haven't actually seen to see if they agree.

3) Don't criticise anyone for their own opinion. Everyone is entitled to it and everyone has different taste.

4) Don't judge anyone's videos by their personality. Just like you should never judge a book by it's cover you should never judge a video on the fact that the creator begins with SSJ or has only joined a few months ago.

5) Don't take it personally if someone doesn't mention you. It's not the end of the world - everyone has videos that go unappreciated, it's a fact of life so deal.

6) Don't criticise someone because of their success. It makes you look like a jealous idiot and it's not fair on the creator. They never asked and begged and paid people money to vote for them - everyone votes with their own freedom of choice. The results are based on that, not on any person's ill doings or behaviour.

7) Don't insult the contest if you aren't happy with the results. There's nothing more embarrasing for a creator than to have fairly received an award only to then hear everyone bitch about how dreadful the contest was and how the winners were awful. I remember AX2002... it wasn't pretty. When the voting is over the winners are undesputable and deserve congratulations for being the most popular in their category.


I think that's all. These aren't official rules or anything but I think they will stop a lot of arguments that I've seen happen in the past. Everyone play nice and we'll see some great videos get awards. There's always people who lose out but that's the way it goes.

Have fun!
Last edited by AbsoluteDestiny on Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Corran
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2002 7:40 pm
Contact:
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:26 pm

Votes to make this a sticky thread.

User avatar
Voices_Of_Ryan
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 6:55 pm
Location: Washington
Contact:
Org Profile

3

Post by Voices_Of_Ryan » Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:28 pm

5) Don't take it personally if someone doesn't mention you. It's not the end of the world - everyone has videos that go unappreciated, it's a fact of life so deal.

Aww man...
/Stops stabing Corran
"hey... no"

User avatar
wolf_hunter
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2002 9:49 pm
Contact:
Org Profile

Post by wolf_hunter » Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:30 pm

Corran Productions wrote:Votes to make this a sticky thread.
seconded.

User avatar
Corran
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2002 7:40 pm
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: 3

Post by Corran » Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:34 pm

Voices_Of_Ryan wrote:
5) Don't take it personally if someone doesn't mention you. It's not the end of the world - everyone has videos that go unappreciated, it's a fact of life so deal.

Aww man...
/Stops stabing Corran
O.o


Of A Girl - Part 2 - RockSoul

Best effects sucessfully applied by a site newbie?

User avatar
Voices_Of_Ryan
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 6:55 pm
Location: Washington
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: 3

Post by Voices_Of_Ryan » Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:37 pm

Corran Productions wrote:
Voices_Of_Ryan wrote:
5) Don't take it personally if someone doesn't mention you. It's not the end of the world - everyone has videos that go unappreciated, it's a fact of life so deal.

Aww man...
/Stops stabing Corran
O.o


Of A Girl - Part 2 - RockSoul

:oops:
Now I feel bad for stabbing you.. Ah well =]

Best effects sucessfully applied by a site newbie?
"hey... no"

User avatar
SSJVegita0609
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2002 10:52 pm
Location: Around...
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Rember people... play nice, it's only a contest.

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:48 pm

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:you should never judge a video on the fact that the creator begins with SSJ
YEAH!
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

User avatar
Voices_Of_Ryan
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 6:55 pm
Location: Washington
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Rember people... play nice, it's only a contest.

Post by Voices_Of_Ryan » Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:49 pm

SSJVegita0609 wrote:
AbsoluteDestiny wrote:you should never judge a video on the fact that the creator begins with SSJ
YEAH!

LOL
"hey... no"

User avatar
shinji13
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2003 4:40 pm
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Rember people... play nice, it's only a contest.

Post by shinji13 » Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:22 pm

SSJVegita0609 wrote:
AbsoluteDestiny wrote:you should never judge a video on the fact that the creator begins with SSJ
YEAH!

lol, what does SSJ stand for anyway, cause if it has to do with noob SSJVegita isnt one...least in videos...

and i have no idea what this is for, what contest?
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Albert Einstein

User avatar
Voices_Of_Ryan
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 6:55 pm
Location: Washington
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Rember people... play nice, it's only a contest.

Post by Voices_Of_Ryan » Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:32 pm

shinji13 wrote:
SSJVegita0609 wrote:
AbsoluteDestiny wrote:you should never judge a video on the fact that the creator begins with SSJ
YEAH!

lol, what does SSJ stand for anyway, cause if it has to do with noob SSJVegita isnt one...least in videos...

and i have no idea what this is for, what contest?
Super Sayain (j?).

It's dragonballz.
"hey... no"

User avatar
Mr Pilkington
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2002 4:10 pm
Status: Stay outa my shed
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Rember people... play nice, it's only a contest.

Post by Mr Pilkington » Thu Jan 01, 2004 7:00 pm

Voices_Of_Ryan wrote:Sayain (j?)
Sai-yajin

Its totally dependant on the age of the viewer and which dub/sub you pay attention to. All matters on opinion.

User avatar
Voices_Of_Ryan
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 6:55 pm
Location: Washington
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Rember people... play nice, it's only a contest.

Post by Voices_Of_Ryan » Thu Jan 01, 2004 7:13 pm

Mr Pilkington wrote:
Voices_Of_Ryan wrote:Sayain (j?)
Sai-yajin

Its totally dependant on the age of the viewer and which dub/sub you pay attention to. All matters on opinion.

That's true. still makes me wonder why it's ssj if Super Sayain (saiyajin) are two diffrent words, than should Super Sayain J?????? be a diffrent word?
"hey... no"

User avatar
SSJVegita0609
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2002 10:52 pm
Location: Around...
Contact:
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Thu Jan 01, 2004 7:21 pm

Officially, its actually Super Saiya-Jin... But lets not let this thread get any more off topic.
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

User avatar
Katsumi_AMVs
Joined: Fri May 16, 2003 8:05 pm
Location: Where I'm not supposed to be
Org Profile

Post by Katsumi_AMVs » Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:21 am

Can I make a thread for best Game MV of the year :?:

Since I'm a big GMV fan/creator , I was wondring if VCAs will nominate gmvs since now we have the donut . . . . and they're allowed . . . . :roll:
Nothing usefull here .

AniHawk
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2003 12:00 am
Org Profile

Re: Rember people... play nice, it's only a contest.

Post by AniHawk » Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:47 pm

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:5) Don't take it personally if someone doesn't mention you. It's not the end of the world -
Oh, but I disagree.
One by one, the penguins steal my sanity.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... _id=114839

Locked

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2004”