Most Improved Pimpages

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:21 pm

Tash wrote:Gotta agree wolf had some pretty shitty vidoeos :lol:
Did it just get colder in here?
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

wolf_hunter
Org Profile

Post by wolf_hunter » Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:31 pm

Tash wrote:Gotta agree wolf had some pretty shitty vidoeos :lol:

ITS TRUE!!!!!!!!

my kenshin vid, omg i wouldnt wipe my ass with that piece of crap!!!

but my last video........ 8)

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Re: 3

Post by SarahtheBoring » Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:57 pm

shinji13 wrote:i nominate sarahtheboring, shes alot better...
Oh, I wondered why I showed up there! It's shinji13 kissing ass again. That figures. :roll:

And yeah, I realize that the category is an insult - it still cracks me up.

But this explains how this happened - shinji, once again, ferociously sucking up for no apparent reason. Giving my vids all 10s in order to what, score points, be popular? Puhlease. :roll:

I did suck like a professional at the end of 2002, and put up a link to the last vid of that year as illustration... still suck now, but with better capture quality. :lol:

(Fungie, you know me and so you're biased. ;) Though true, "Psychological Drama" deserves its shallow, unmarked grave.)

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:18 pm

SarahtheBoring wrote:I did suck like a professional at the end of 2002, and put up a link to the last vid of that year as illustration... still suck now, but with better capture quality. :lol:
Wow, you're taking it worse than I did when I found out I made it to that category. :shock:

Now I wonder if I should feel bad for helping to nominate you. :( What can I say? I've watched some of your vids (though I haven't reviewed them all - lazy Ari), and you have improved. That's it, you have. Now I admit, your first vids weren't nearly as nasty as mine, but it's hard to find a dvd ripper that will get your quality *that* bad. I thought you'd get a kick out of finding out that people have noticed how good you're getting.

Then again, I'm probably an ass-kisser myself. I already know people think I 'play' nice, so whatever. You were the next on my list after Paulo and Omni (who were both disqualified), so I get part of the blame for it. You won't see me appologizing, though. ^_^

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:26 am

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:Yeah, Most Improved sounds like a compliment but it really just means "Wow, you used to really suck and you dont as much any more!"

:P
Yea, just like you until last year :P :evil: ...sorry couldn't resist that :wink:

Vlad

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:13 am

Then again, I'm probably an ass-kisser myself. I already know people think I 'play' nice, so whatever. You were the next on my list after Paulo and Omni (who were both disqualified), so I get part of the blame for it. You won't see me appologizing, though. ^_^
But you didn't nominate me; that's different. Saying "Oh, yeah, so and so is getting better," is much different from "Let's plaster her name up for the whole site to see, so everybody can go 'Who the fuck is this stupid bitch?'"

By nature I keep a low profile - I talk a lot, but you won't see me sending AMVs in to cons or proclaiming my 1337ness all over the board. I don't belong in the VCAs. This embarrasses me. I did put a link up so people can know what it's talking about (shinji did see the last vid of last year, and wrote a ... heh, rather long explanation of why it sucked), but ultimately it's just wrong for me to be in the same list as all these people, as all of you. It's wrong and embarrassing.

Unless, of course, they put me in as a joke, like frat boys electing a mascot pig as Homecoming Queen. In which case I'll put up with it, because it does show up just how pointless the awards really are. Fuck, if I'm in them? They're totally worthless and a mockery of real quality.

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:33 am

SarahtheBoring wrote:
But you didn't nominate me; that's different. Saying "Oh, yeah, so and so is getting better," is much different from "Let's plaster her name up for the whole site to see, so everybody can go 'Who the fuck is this stupid bitch?'"

By nature I keep a low profile - I talk a lot, but you won't see me sending AMVs in to cons or proclaiming my 1337ness all over the board. I don't belong in the VCAs. This embarrasses me. I did put a link up so people can know what it's talking about (shinji did see the last vid of last year, and wrote a ... heh, rather long explanation of why it sucked), but ultimately it's just wrong for me to be in the same list as all these people, as all of you. It's wrong and embarrassing.

Unless, of course, they put me in as a joke, like frat boys electing a mascot pig as Homecoming Queen. In which case I'll put up with it, because it does show up just how pointless the awards really are. Fuck, if I'm in them? They're totally worthless and a mockery of real quality.
Who the fuck is this stupid bitch, anyways? :P

I think you're taking the entire matter too seriously, if you want you can simply choose to ignore the VCAs completely, and if you win, you win. You don't have to flaunt it or put a huge label on yourself, you can simply say "Gee, thanks for voting for me" and move on as if nothing happened. Next year if you feel the same way you can always DQ yourself like so many others did.

Personally, I'm not playing for the sake of winning, I edit AMVs for fun and ONLY for fun. I never force myself through something I don't want to complete simply for the purpose of winning some stupid award, nor do I make vids that I specifically know I'm going to send to cons. I just decide to send vids I've already made to cons because every now and then I think its fun to just throw something in there and see what happens.

In terms of the VCAs, its a popularity contest, sure. But EVERYONE can vote, not just a select few, and thus people who EVERYONE thinks should recieve an award, get an award. Like it or not Sarah, if more people vote for you, then you will get an award. You will get an award because people want you to have it, not because YOU want to have it. So if you want to shove it back in their faces with a snide "I don't need your praise" or "Awards only serve to promote people, and I'm not an elitist" comment, but it will still be their award for you.
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

Braveliver
Org Profile

Post by Braveliver » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:52 am

Sarah, I had to say this to Ari, and I am going to say this to you. Don't belittle our judgement. You are there because many people think you deserved to be there. This catagory is for people who, instead of resting on their laurels and continue to make cheezy videos, worked on improving them to a point where they really worked liked a well oiled machine. This is congradulating you not because you sucked before, but because you worked hard not to suck anymore. Though I have not been there to see you blossome as a video creator like I have seen Ari and Paulo, I have seen your videos, and I will say that I was a little sad that "Velveteen" wasn't nominated for Drama as I had nominated you there, but I was very happy to see you nominated in Best Improved. It took Many MANY nominations I am sure to get you there, and since you didn't go out tooting your own horn with Oscar-Type banners like others did means you deserved it even more than you think. Please, give us credit for seeing in you something to admire. You deserve this as much as any other name on that list.

Actually, I want to congradulate and commend everyone who has been nominated in this catagory. You all deserve a lot of praise for always striving to make your videos the best that they can be.

Arigatomyna

dwchang (Daniel Chang)

SarahtheBoring (Sarah B)

SSJVegita0609 (Jeff Hudecek)

wolf_hunter (jon tenorio)

We who still suck salute you!
Ah, yah wan tah know how I got mah name do ya? Well now, when I was a wee little tyke of 1 year ah wen a crawling up to a keg o' fire ale an started licken the spout. Mah mother saw meh and says, "Ah what a BraveLiver you got there," an the name stuck.
You can view my videos by <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... ">clicking here</a>. Please leave an opinion. I really want to know what you think.

Braveliver
Org Profile

Post by Braveliver » Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:03 am

Gack. :shock: Gack :shock: Gack. :shock:

Velveteen? What the hell was I thinking? Proof you should not write emotional responces while very tired. While I did vote for Velveteen, I was thinking of "Dance of Wind and Rain" If you look on my list below you will see that they were both in 11th place in my highest rated videos of all time, and both were nominees for drama.

1 Akira Under My Skin by
ShonenDizzyCow (Weng-Cheong Fung) 9.50

1 Doujin Addiction by
Zarxrax (Alan Clontz) 9.50

3 Beautiful Death by
rurouni_mimo 9.43

3 Tetsuo vs Akira - Oh Fortuna by
Tyler_yj (Yann J.) 9.43

3 Free by
Oddbot (Billy B) 9.43

6 Let's Go Shopping by
godix 9.38

7 Together - Soothing Symphonic by
OmniStrata (Joseph Aguila) 9.29

8 Queen of the World by
Arigatomyna 9.25

9 My Fading Voice, Your Distant Heart by
ShonenDizzyCow (Weng-Cheong Fung) 9.17

9 What God Has Sent (Final Cut!) by
BishounenStalker (Rachel Daniels) 9.17

11 Dance of Wind and Rain by
SarahtheBoring (Sarah B) 9.00

11 My Velveteen by
Janzki (Jani Kauppila) 9.00

11 The Last Indigo Sky by
ShonenDizzyCow (Weng-Cheong Fung) 9.00

11 Missing you . . . . . by
Paulo (Katsumi Videos) 9.00

11 Tonny's nana dan Henkei by
Paulo (Katsumi Videos) 9.00

11 A Mighty Wind by
Sephiroth (Isaac Fischer)
Ah, yah wan tah know how I got mah name do ya? Well now, when I was a wee little tyke of 1 year ah wen a crawling up to a keg o' fire ale an started licken the spout. Mah mother saw meh and says, "Ah what a BraveLiver you got there," an the name stuck.
You can view my videos by <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... ">clicking here</a>. Please leave an opinion. I really want to know what you think.

Jnzk
Artsy Bastid
Org Profile

Post by Jnzk » Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:04 am

:wink:

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2004”