Most Improved Pimpages

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:27 pm

*sighs* If it wasn't meant as a joke, I am not responsible for anyone else's bad taste. If you actually like the junk I make, I'm really very sorry to hear that. Please go watch "Euphoria" or any other of the actual big AMVs here and get some perspective. You'll thank me for it later, when you wonder how you could ever have liked such dreck.

And yes, I can ignore it, but the fact remains that I am embarrassed by being up there. My work does not deserve awards the end.

That's all I have to say about that.

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Re: 3

Post by dwchang » Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:28 pm

SSJVegita0609 wrote:Next year if you feel the same way you can always DQ yourself like so many others did.
He brings up a good point. If you wanted to keep a low-profile and would be embarassed with a nomination, why click the little box and qualify yourself? You could've easily saved yourself all this embarassment by just disqualifying yourself on purpose. I know Jbone and Trythil did.
Braveliver wrote:We who still suck salute you!
Too bad I still suck, but uhm...thanks?
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:57 pm

dwchang wrote:
Braveliver wrote:We who still suck salute you!
Too bad I still suck, but uhm...thanks?
It's true, he really does...

:P I kid
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:35 pm

dwchang wrote: He brings up a good point. If you wanted to keep a low-profile and would be embarassed with a nomination, why click the little box and qualify yourself? You could've easily saved yourself all this embarassment by just disqualifying yourself on purpose. I know Jbone and Trythil did.
Yeah... but I wouldn't want to lie in order to do it. :? All my vids ARE in the catalog. I guess I could make one and not release it, so I would have an excuse to click the box...

But then again, I do want to vote. :?

I just don't understand how anyone knows who I am or thought it would be a good idea to nominate me for the freaking VCAs. Cripes, I've never even been played at a con. Nobody knows who I am. It is like nominating a goat for Homecoming Queen. It makes no sense.

And I hope you don't take the "embarrassing" thing personally. I don't mean that there's anything wrong with the VCAs, just that I don't belong in them. You are definitely an award-worthy vidder - you know, you've gotten awards! - so it wouldn't be embarrassing for you, obviously. ^_^

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:41 pm

There's a sticky at the top of this thread which says it's not very sporting to question the nominations as it inevitably just insults everyone who has been nominated in the contest.

Enough people think that you've improved enough to nominate you for that category. Deal with it instead of questioning the same people who have nominated everyone else too.

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:26 pm

SarahtheBoring wrote:I just don't understand how anyone knows who I am or thought it would be a good idea to nominate me for the freaking VCAs. Cripes, I've never even been played at a con. Nobody knows who I am. It is like nominating a goat for Homecoming Queen. It makes no sense.
Yeah! I've never even *submitted* a vid to a con. :evil:

No, I know you from the forum - the same as most other people, I'm sure. And your vids I know from word-of-mouth, the forum (again), and yeah...the forum. Cons aren't everything - I'm sure quite a few people voting haven't been to a con. You don't have to win at official amv contests to make amvs, or to improve at making them. Being 'famous' is only important if the voters for this contest were the same ones who *do* vote at the official 'cons'. They aren't. They're people who frequent the site. And as vocal as you are right now, Sarah, I'm sure you can see how a lot of people would know about you.

There's no chance of being 'unknown' when you go on about this as openly and vagrantly as you have. That attracts attention more than any 'poster' ad does. ^_^;

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:44 pm

SarahtheBoring wrote:I just don't understand how anyone knows who I am or thought it would be a good idea to nominate me for the freaking VCAs.
Obviously, people like your videos and believe you have talent. You've got the same problem as Pwolf, neither of you believe you can make anything to compete with anyone else. No one's saying your editing skills are technically up to par with AD's or Koop's, but that the ideas you get and the way you produce them are really good. Plus, not many good editors use the songs you use, which is always a bonus. I consider you a better editor than myself, and I really like my videos. :?

And Ari's right about attention, lots of people know about you just from your forum presence.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:30 pm

Forum presence means nothing. Like everybody says, forum junkies make bad AMVs.

Sorry, AD. I won't question it anymore, at least not out loud. :P I meant no offense to the other nominees.

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:23 pm

SarahtheBoring wrote:Like everybody says, forum junkies make bad AMVs.
Such flawed logic is disappointing to me, Sarah. Especially from someone who should know better by now.
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

)v(ajin Koji
Org Profile

Post by )v(ajin Koji » Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:29 am

SarahtheBoring wrote:Forum presence means nothing. Like everybody says, forum junkies make bad AMVs.
O
I'm bored and you're dumb. A match made in heaven.
- Kai Stromler to son_goten.
Last edited by )v(ajin Koji on Mon 21, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2004”