Phoenix AMV AWA Pro releases...

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Lord Rae
Org Profile

Phoenix AMV AWA Pro releases...

Post by Lord Rae » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:05 am

If anyone was waiting for these I apologize for the late uploads. I was lazy and then more and more time just kept creeping by.

These two videos represent all that I edited (for fun) through 2007 and 2008. Both videos were entered into AWA Pro. The first video won Best drama at AWA 13 in 2007 and the second video was in Pro in 2008 however it underwent a lot of changes editing wise from the file that was on the Pro disks last year. Neither video has been available on the internet since their entry into AWA however so this is my attempting to correct that.

I also uploaded both of these to my own site so that even with the Org hosting temporarily offline for the upgrade anyone can grab them. I've got one uploaded to the org although it is probably not available atm, but once the upgrade is complete I will make sure to add the org link for Fratello.

These videos both use footage via capture card and not with ripped footage... hence the quality hit they both take. I did as good a job as I could cleaning everything up to look its best in this codec. Which for me was a huge pain and I couldn't have done it without help from many talented folks but I would especially like to thank DaCoolGohan, Pie Row, Castor and Niotex for helping me get everything encoded. It wouldn't look half as good without your help so thank you for dealing with my unfamiliarity with the newer encoding procedures. Thank you so much.

Again sorry it was over a year before I got Fratello encoded and up on the site. >_<

The changes in Last words from what was submitted to what is available here is (I feel) a big improvement. The version entered into Pro I was just never happy with but really wanted to be done with it. However after watching it more I felt it deserved a more polished and reasoned approach. The video needed more focus on the characters and on the emotions. I focused more on the lyrics and the flow of the song rather than being a slave to the beat. Whether I achieved that or not I'll leave up to you. Even if I'm the only person in the world who likes this video (or any of my videos really) I'm at least happy with it and that is enough. But I hope you enjoy it even if you hated the version you saw on the pro discs.

And that's it. I'm done with those two that have been hanging over my head for coming up on a year and a half... Now I can move forward in the new year already a month old. Keep your eyes open for lots of new stuff by me this year. I no longer edit 12 hours a day for my job so I don't feel like I'm in a perpetual state of burnout. As such I'm feeling very creative again and am already in the swing of things for a new video. And I will no longer be capturing my footage unless no ripping solution presents itself. I'm tired of the quality hits I take even if I don't notice them too much myself. Hopefully you can forgive me for any imperfections in quality you see.

Enjoy.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Re: Phoenix AMV AWA Pro releases...

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:42 pm

Good stuff! Glad to finally have the AWA 2007 video :up:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Lord Rae
Org Profile

Post by Lord Rae » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:26 am

Yeah I think most people who were waiting on it have probably forgotten. ;p

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:02 pm

I blame the effects age. :(

Goketsu
Org Profile

Post by Goketsu » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:18 am

Great stuff :up:

DaCoolGohan
Org Profile

Post by DaCoolGohan » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:40 am

Finally you release them. :up:

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:24 pm

Its been a while since you asked for help on this. It's good to see you finally got around to cranking them out. Though I'll be honest with you they're in my own opinion not as good as lets say a Imagine. Still I salute you as they're both solid and old school.

Now get your ass in gear 8-)

Lord Rae
Org Profile

Post by Lord Rae » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:33 pm

I should have my new video out by the end of Feb assuming I don't run into any horrific snags.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:25 pm

Niotex wrote:Now get your ass in gear 8-)
x2 :mrgreen:

VG5's waiting 8-)

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:08 pm

I just think the second one is really cool :D thanks for sharing :)
If you do not think so... you will DIE

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”