Auriga

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
ShadowNOS
Org Profile

Post by ShadowNOS » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:14 am

While it was a definite visual treat, I couldn't really get into it for the most part. At times I just felt bored. That doesn't go to say that it's bad, just not for me. Kudos on the great quality though. :wink:

Looking forward to laughing at the moron who steals this one and throws it on you tube in the coming weeks. :D

Lockstock
Squirrel Boy
Org Profile

Post by Lockstock » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:49 am

on par with ur previous videos, which is great to see :up:

freakin loved it.

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Infinity Squared » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:14 am

Why?

RatQuiRit
Org Profile

Post by RatQuiRit » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:23 am

This is why I download AMVs

chambeyc
Org Profile

Post by chambeyc » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:13 am

ScorpionP wrote:When I first heard the comments about the fps, before watching the video, I was really curious about how it'll actually look. I was really surprised. Some scenes flowed so well that I never would've believed they had two times less frames before.
Actually, there is more frames in Nostromo's vid than in the source footage: He explained us he used the Twixtor plug-in for Premiere, which interpolate frames and creates from 2 images a third one. Looks like it was a real pain to configure for some scenes, since it can generate deformations.

Nostromo, I'll give you a detailed comment later on the french forum, but too put it simply i liked it a lot. Sunday's projection, with the huge screen & top-notch sound equipment, was just awesome. Bravo again.

Ryko89
Org Profile

Post by Ryko89 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:50 pm

60fps, 720p

this was sex by default. I loved it. Blew me away.

Way to go :up:
Image Image

Warheart
Org Profile

Post by Warheart » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:11 pm

Haha, first of all awesome video-name choice. May I draw conclusions from it? Nostromo being the ship from Alien 1 and Auriga from Resurrection I guess you wanted to set up a definition of what your editing looks like in 2008 and put the style to the max? Or at least it has some basic meaning refering to you as an editor? :D

Then well it's the usual Nostromo style video only a little better than the last ones so I enjoyed it alot, and I guess you had a hard time finding all those nice sources and ripping them for sometimes only 5 - 10 secs of actual footage. I mean a good videosource makes half of the video in this case since it really draws attention to it via using all those really astonishing sources. The editing is as always great. Flowdriven with a nice touch of motion and bleding. All in all awesome as always. But somehow I wonder that you haven't grown tired of that editingstyle after more or less perfecting it.

5/5

Naizashi
Org Profile

Post by Naizashi » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:05 pm

I found this to be very nice and amusing for those 5 minutes or so, but i did find myself thinking about other stuff during the watch, it tends to happen to me when watching amvs that to me feel long, in other words i wasn't exactly hooked, but overall i quite liked this and thought it was very unique the only thing i disliked was the lip sync mainly because i think it just didn't fit.

Nostromo_vx
Org Profile

Post by Nostromo_vx » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:51 pm

Thanks for giving me so many comments.
I didn't expect to get so many negative feedback about lip sync since I spent time on it and was very satisfied of the result... so.. I don't know.
Funky-kun wrote:If only it was 1080p. xD
1080p@60 isn't a valide Divx standard yet. And I can't even imagine the amount of ressources and disc space it would need. Maybe later.
ShadowNOS wrote:Looking forward to laughing at the moron who steals this one and throws it on you tube in the coming weeks. :D
That's something I really enjoy too. Let me know if you find one ;)
Warheart wrote:Haha, first of all awesome video-name choice. May I draw conclusions from it? Nostromo being the ship from Alien 1 and Auriga from Resurrection I guess you wanted to set up a definition of what your editing looks like in 2008 and put the style to the max? Or at least it has some basic meaning refering to you as an editor? :D
I didn't go that far.. It's just the name of my computer :
Now guess why I used it to name the video ;)
Warheart wrote:you had a hard time finding all those nice sources and ripping them for sometimes only 5 - 10 secs of actual footage.
Even for less that a second sometimes.
Warheart wrote:But somehow I wonder that you haven't grown tired of that editingstyle after more or less perfecting it.
no, I like it.

neorose
Org Profile

Post by neorose » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:52 pm

WOW 60fps is hot!

Um I dont care much for the comparison to Magic Pad I think it was not like Mgic Pad and had its own feel. But im too busy to say more so ill talk later.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”