Chocolate Star Fish MEP

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Flo'
Org Profile

Post by Flo' » Fri May 30, 2008 9:26 am

stjoneki wrote:One of the few MEPs that I've watched all the way through :lol:

but yeh, it was awesome, I really liked simofc90's track :D
x2 and Black Cat clip too. :O

JCD
Lord of the Dance
Org Profile

Post by JCD » Fri May 30, 2008 9:29 am

I really liked the intro and the first track, which made me hope for more that this could be a fun video.

Unfortunately I was dissapointed after that. I only liked the FMP and Tekkonkinkreet tracks, everything else looked like an average Naruto video with the editor trying to "sync everything" ... People, flashing a scene with a fadeout at each drum sound is goddamn annoying, uncreative and most of the time destroying the flow :evil: /personal rant

Some of the audio transistions also seemed very strange. Personally I was hoping for this to be more fun-oriented, but that's just me.

Frostreturns
Org Profile

Post by Frostreturns » Fri May 30, 2008 9:36 am

Some tracks were a lot better then others, but overall it was pretty damn good. 4/5 :up:

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Fri May 30, 2008 9:43 am

JCD wrote: Unfortunately I was dissapointed after that. I only liked the FMP and Tekkonkinkreet tracks, everything else looked like an average Naruto video with the editor trying to "sync everything" ... People, flashing a scene with a fadeout at each drum sound is goddamn annoying, uncreative and most of the time destroying the flow :evil: /personal rant
What mep were you watching? :roll:

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Fri May 30, 2008 9:46 am

ArashinomeAMV wrote:
JCD wrote: Unfortunately I was dissapointed after that. I only liked the FMP and Tekkonkinkreet tracks, everything else looked like an average Naruto video with the editor trying to "sync everything" ... People, flashing a scene with a fadeout at each drum sound is goddamn annoying, uncreative and most of the time destroying the flow :evil: /personal rant
What mep were you watching? :roll:
You better not reply to any comments, or the Mods will remove what you said :roll:

-GfN-
Org Profile

Post by -GfN- » Fri May 30, 2008 9:55 am

I am with jcd here, altho I'd have to add that this is better than the other recent, very shitty band meps. no real jarring mistakes but no intense moments either.

5.6/10

P.S.: look up zeros chatlog if you want a rundown on all the tracks \:

Rrezz
Org Profile

Post by Rrezz » Fri May 30, 2008 10:56 am

sweeeeeeeeeeeeet ,loved undeadborn`s and torankusu`s

Funky-kun
Org Profile

Post by Funky-kun » Fri May 30, 2008 11:54 am

I really enjoyed this. It is true that there is nothing spectacular about it, but the overall editing was very solid, and it made me rediscover this awesome album. => 4.25/5 Good job, guys!

PS. The first track was the awesomest. :P

Emotive
...the Meditant
Org Profile

Post by Emotive » Fri May 30, 2008 12:02 pm

Well, that was pretty decent. Most of the tracks individually were good (there were a few ones I didn't like, like the X one, but I won't get to analyzing shit now) but what this missed was a decent flow between the various tracks - meaning, many of the tracks just didn't seem connected with the whole thing and were too different from the rest music/editing/anime wise. I'm not saying the tracks shouldn't stand out (hell, the first one stood out and it was probably my favorite track in the mep) but they could have been connected better.. but I guess that's a main problem with making a band mep (take Reflections of Style 3 for an example of how the tracks can flow perfectly and connect with each other). Tha change of aspect ratios also added to that..

Oh fuck that, I'll talk about RrezZ's tracks because I hate him: the Karas one actually started out pretty well (I knew he had made the karas track in advance so I was surprised I actually liked it, bastard) but luckily it lost it after a while. The use of presets on the AC one bugged me (not because they were presets but because they were just meh - I mean "hay, let's just throw some thunderz in there lol") but it was okayish, I guess.

The ergo proxy - devil may cry connection actually seemed pretty damn weird too, and what was the "Devil May Cry" text doing there at some point?

Okay seriously now, I can't bother analyzing tracks today. Maybe later (the eternal doubtful promise I always like to give).

Well anyway, other than, as far as band meps go, I found it pretty enjoyable, especially compared to most of the meps coming out these days. At least not letting crappy tracks into the mep just to get it finished is something everyone should start doing, I mean jeez. Rating this correctly would be kind of complicated unless I want to randomise/generalise things so I'll just leave it with a "gj".

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Fri May 30, 2008 12:19 pm

Cast to Stone wrote: The ergo proxy - devil may cry connection actually seemed pretty damn weird too, and what was the "Devil May Cry" text doing there at some point?
Yeah, I actually didn't think ergo proxy and DMC3 would mix very well, but i think it actually came out pretty decent. The Devil May Cry text i had to leave, as I wanted to use that clip pretty bad, and it was the only instance of it, couldn't get rid of the text.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”