Bittersweet Desire

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Tsukin
Org Profile

Bittersweet Desire

Post by Tsukin » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:19 pm

Hey everyone, so I finally finished another video, I know it's been a while and I would have gotten this done sooner except lately I just haven't had any motivation to edit, but after about half a year of putting this off and editing it every now and then, it's done ^.^ lol

And unlike a lot of my other videos, I attempted some sort of meaning rather than just off the wall action throughout.

Anime: Le Portrait de Petite Cosette
Song: Pretty When You Cry
Artist: Vast

hope you enjoy it! and opinions are greatly appreciated =P

here's da link:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=152841

requiett
Org Profile

Post by requiett » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:29 pm

Just when I thought you were gone for good. Good to see the name Tsukin isn't dead here yet. 8-)

Ingow
Org Profile

Post by Ingow » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:43 pm

in b4 people that post stuff that makes me sad, like "wow I've never heard of that band before"
:?

anyways, good video, lovely editing as always :up:

Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Post by Emong » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:13 pm

Wow, I liked that lots!

Your syncing style was something original as I've never seen such a pattern been used in any video. It was the strong sense of beat sync that drove this video tightly till the end (intense climax) I guess this will be on my AMV playlist for a while just for the beat sync / flow sake~ Nice job!

But why are Cossette videos always so damn random? :roll: It makes them difficult to enjoy. Having seen the anime, I can safely say this video was utter randomness. Such a mess of clips.. Didn't really hit me for that part, sry :/

But anyways, the mood was cool, especially because of the anime / song combo that seemed rather strange at first. You got it working nicely tho, and it helped this beat sync fest getting something of an atmospere.

4/5 :up:

EDIT: Feck! I guess I was too hasty again.. Seriously, this video is the type to grow on you quite a lot. I have noticed that. Even the clip selection doesn't seem so random anymore. Well, it is so but sometimes it works, if the bond between the clips and the music is strong enough to balance that out. It's an intense video and incredibly focused, quite hysterical even, especially towards the end. Now that's a sign of a well-done progressing mood and beat sync~

But, still keeping the 4/5 score. And hopefully I won't be back commenting this again :lol:
Last edited by Emong on Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:15 pm

DAMN! FINNALLY!

*downloads*

Emotive
...the Meditant
Org Profile

Post by Emotive » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:52 pm

Ingow wrote:wow I've never heard of that band before
Edit: That was pretty damn good, though in the end it seemed pretty random to me. Maybe it's just the fact that I haven't seen the anime (yet), but I don't know.
The anime/song combo worked, but wasn't awesome, I find Emong's combo (in his latest amv) to be much better and more fitting - probably the reason this amv failed at getting me addicted, I only rewatched it a couple times. I didn't really get the theme either, if there is one, but the beat synch is almost perfectly done, except for a part or two I disliked, and got me into the video.
7.5/10.
Last edited by Emotive on Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Warheart
Org Profile

Post by Warheart » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:29 pm

Fucking brilliant editing as always thus enjoyable if the song wasn't that boring. :-|
I know I'm focusing to much on the music, but amvs have really influenced me alot so am way more openminded that I was some time ago, yet this song is particularly dull, monotone and doesn't really have any energy. The more suprising it is that you kept the sync that varied pretty awesome job you did there. Maybe I should try to put another song into the video and see if it works, cause the videostream alone is the typical Tsukin magnificence. :)

^BlooD^
Org Profile

Post by ^BlooD^ » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:45 pm

prety awesome..i always know that your sync is one of the bests :wink: 5/5
Seek The Light And It Shall Be Yours!

Funky-kun
Org Profile

Post by Funky-kun » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:30 am

There is no point on commenting on this, it just fucking wins anyway.

4.5/5

DayWalker B.
Org Profile

Post by DayWalker B. » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:57 am

Yay, it's up, I'm getting this...

Edit: Well, this AMV is pretty badass in my opinion. I also thought that this song is pretty cool and it definitely fits well to the anime, great lyric sync at certain points. So yeah, excellent synching and good flow, too. It was a bit random, but I really enjoyed this man and I'm glad to see you're back. 4.5/5 :up:
Last edited by DayWalker B. on Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”