Let's put some emo in Negima?! ...

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
mtarzaim
Org Profile

Let's put some emo in Negima?! ...

Post by mtarzaim » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:00 pm

... with the most ordinary and beautiful character of the show IMO !

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=140167

Anime : Negima !?

Song : Three Days Grace - Everything about you
(Yes, overused ... I know ... ^^ )

I've tried to describe the inner struggle Yue is currently facing.
Inspired by Volume 14 of the manga, I use both the anime scene and the manga scan to show how a small body can contain strong opposite feelings.
To put simply : Yue Ayase, in Kaede Fuyou's mode ! ^^
Anti-moe powa ! ! ! ! lml (*0*) lml
ImageImage

Chubak
Org Profile

Post by Chubak » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:31 pm

wow it is very original to combine anime and mange scenes so im gonna check it right now and comment after seeing it

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:55 pm

I think it helps to have seen the anime so you know the character a little better, but very good overall.
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

-Reda-
Org Profile

Post by -Reda- » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:31 pm

Didn't mind it too much but the text seemed....well, relatively boring. I did like the way it was done for the chorus however. Also it becomes a tad distracting because I feel like Im reading the text more than actually watching the video in the background. Liked the concepts behind this though. Groovy stuff!

Shinodude
emodude
Org Profile

Post by Shinodude » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:55 pm

I have not completed this anime nor am I tword the end of it but the video would have been loads better without the text I found it distracting and irritating.

Chubak
Org Profile

Post by Chubak » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:59 pm

well tobe honest it is the first time i have seen a good fision betwene manga and anime in what are the videos abouts. the song it is pretty well and i think it will be in the WCA on 2008 in the category of caracter profile and in best liric sync.

TnAdct1
Org Profile

Post by TnAdct1 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:27 pm

An opinion from a person who is a regular reader of the Negima manga:

I can definitely understand why some people feel that they need to check out Negima first (either the manga, the later episodes of the Xebec anime, or either episode 19 or the Summer OAV of the SHAFT version) in order to truly appreciate the video, because it definitely helps with the main issue of the issue (in this case, Yue being torn between her friendship with Nodoka and her feelings for Negi).

As for the text, while it may be distracting to some people, it does help with the idea that the video is actually Yue’s thoughts as projected onto the pages of the Diarium Ejus (the book that Nodoka uses to read other people’s minds in the manga).

As for the video itself, it’s definitely an excellent character profile aboutt Yue and her conflict concerning “friendship vs. love”.

mtarzaim
Org Profile

Post by mtarzaim » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:29 am

TnAdct1 wrote:An opinion from a person who is a regular reader of the Negima manga:

I can definitely understand why some people feel that they need to check out Negima first (either the manga, the later episodes of the Xebec anime, or either episode 19 or the Summer OAV of the SHAFT version) in order to truly appreciate the video, because it definitely helps with the main issue of the issue (in this case, Yue being torn between her friendship with Nodoka and her feelings for Negi).

As for the text, while it may be distracting to some people, it does help with the idea that the video is actually Yue’s thoughts as projected onto the pages of the Diarium Ejus (the book that Nodoka uses to read other people’s minds in the manga).

As for the video itself, it’s definitely an excellent character profile aboutt Yue and her conflict concerning “friendship vs. love”.
Yep, you've got it !
Because the thoughts of the person appear in a drawing + text form in the manga, I feel it was interesting to use the manga scan for the lyrics, and the anime for the background.
But you need to know the manga a little (volume 14 would be perfect) to understand the full concept behind this amv.

I needed the manga scans for another concept : because she's torn apart by her opposite feelings, but can't express them without loosing everything, she's ending up to consume herself. And the more she interacts with Negi or Nodoka (symbolised by changing colors : blue for Yue, yellow for Negi and purple for Nodoka), the more she's turning to ashes. I couldn't do that kind of effects on anime material, but it was easier on black & white manga.

The other use for the bubble is for the french version. Instead of subbing it with normal sentences at the bottom of the video, I've used translated bubbles.
ImageImage

Dark_Yanus
Org Profile

Post by Dark_Yanus » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:07 am

GREATTTTTT... I like it... the video is very good... you have originality 10/10
all is good for me, just PERFECT... lol

n4rU
Org Profile

Post by n4rU » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:38 am

I'am not convinced by your text, it's very simple and likes as "paint text" I think that you'd have to create fluidity in the text transition. Overall, it's a good AMV but i prefer MACHISTADOR ^^

EnJoY =)
Projet MeM ~ 20%

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”