Digital Anguish - Rockman.exe - Pompeii

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
ryoneko
Org Profile

Digital Anguish - Rockman.exe - Pompeii

Post by ryoneko » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:55 pm

So, this AMV now has a very long history. @_@ I did the first verse in September of 2004, thinking it a fun short project. Then I did the second verse in March of 2005, so I could enter it into contests. Now I've finalized the last and third verse in July of 2005 - completing this project to its fullest.

The quote I have included at the beginning of this video is one of my favourites to live by, it keeps the mind strong and braves a lot of courage. The series and genre of Rockman really strives by the theme of "strongest will prevail", which I think ties in quite well.

I think this will be one of my last action videos for Rockman, I pretty much sucked up every violent and angsty scene there was. Har. But, the series is still airing strong in Japan, so who knows. There's so few Rockman AMV editors out there - someone's gotta pick up the slack. :P

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=82340

Opinions or comments would really be appreciated. I'm pretty old school when it comes to editing, you'll find no After Effects here. However I worry that I sometimes do scenes too quick. XD
In a mad world, only the mad are sane.

risk one
Org Profile

Post by risk one » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:00 am

That was pretty cool. You really took advantage of the strong footage and the powerful audio.
My only problem with the video would be a lack of concistency. There were a lot of different faces, and a lot of different colors. It was hard discover any kind of base line in the video. This made some very nice editing (like around 1.50) harder to notice. Maybe someone who's seen the anime wouldn't have that problem, though.
ImageImage

ryoneko
Org Profile

Post by ryoneko » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:17 am

Ooh, I see what you mean. I was wondering if I would confuzzle anyone who wasn't familiar with Rockman. Thanks for the tips. This is only my third AMV, so I have much to learn. @_@
In a mad world, only the mad are sane.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”