Introducing 4219 Studios

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
4219 Studios
Org Profile

Introducing 4219 Studios

Post by 4219 Studios » Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:20 pm

Hello, my name's Shawn and off at some lecture hall right now is Chris. We are 4219 Studios, and we've been making AMVs for a little while now. The quality that Chris works with is rather low compared to what I'd prefer to do, but since it's his Powerbook we use to edit, I guess I can't complain too much.

HERE is where you can find our works. Like I said, it doesn't reek of quality, but there's a lot of time and effort placed into a few of them (no, Barbie May wasn't one of the ones we put effort into, thank God :P). Check 'em out, try not to complain too much (we are but two financially-limited college students, after all), and (hopefully) enjoy! :D
4219 Studios
Shawn Gealow and Chris Verlo

SnhKnives
V.I.E. 5.5
Org Profile

Post by SnhKnives » Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:07 pm

ok man, a couple of things.....

#1: please encode your audio better.... i couldnt finish the video because of the annoyance of your sound breaking up all the time.

#2: interlacing..... deinterlace please.

Other thent hat i could tell you were trying to get some stuff on beat... not bad, you got potential.

just work on encoding more..... if you want some advice go to

www.destinationskyline.com sign up on the forums and we will be willing to help you out

4219 Studios
Org Profile

Post by 4219 Studios » Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:56 pm

No offense, but I usually don't join forums unless I'm done with one of the previous ones first. I appreciate the advice, though.

And some of the audio is crap b/c we've had to actually run stereo cables from the headphone port to the mic port on our laptops (for the movie trailers, anyway). If anyone knows of a better way of capturing audio from files like those, we'd very much appreciate it if you could tell us.

Also, the Kenshin video was done to an already-encoded MP3 I downloaded from the campus network (Yes, I own the fscking CD; damn RIAA). It was just more expedient to use that than to find a decent ripping program and rip it from my CD.
4219 Studios

4219 Studios
Org Profile

Post by 4219 Studios » Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:26 pm

By the way, Knives. Which movies did you have issues with? We know about the problems and the reasons behind them (old, crappy version of iMovie and whatnot was used on most of the ones that are currently posted). If you could give us some more exact advice, it'd be appreciated.
4219 Studios

SnhKnives
V.I.E. 5.5
Org Profile

Post by SnhKnives » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:54 pm

i downloaded the linkin park kenshin video

4219 Studios
Org Profile

Post by 4219 Studios » Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:03 am

Ah, OK. I encoded the information directly from the DVDs using a program called DVDx. I used the latest DivX codecs to format them to AVI files (DivX 5.1, in other words), without sound. The music was "borrowed" from an MP3 of the song, as mentioned before, so naturally, quality would suffer on that. However, I didn't get much in the way of garbly sound, myself. I used the latest DivX player and, apart from the natural little bit of sound degradation from the MP3 format, it sounded just fine to me. O_o;
I'll look at DVDx to see if I can find out how to deinterlace the videos as they're captured. Be glad, though. I went at twice the resolution my partner usually works with (I simply could not stand such an abomination of resolution; sorry, Chris :P).

All editing was done using Final Cut Pro on a Macintosh Powerbook, and was exported to DivX 5.1 AVI format.

BTW, any suggestions about what kind of music files to use in the future? Since MP3s are apparently not good enough for some tastes, is there an easy-to-find, yet high-quality format out there that is compatible with Final Cut Pro, Movie Edit Pro, or Lumiere (sp?)?
4219 Studios

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”