Please look at my X-Men Music Video

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
User avatar
CaTaClYsM
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2002 3:54 am
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby CaTaClYsM » Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:19 am

Well I guess I'm just special. I made my vid without use "TECHNICAL" anime, but the first thing I thought to do was put it in the anouncements board. Noone raised a fuss, noone had a problem with it, and noone took it down. And what people say doesn't matter, the Mods certainly didn't have any trouble deciding where to put it. So since the powers that be have decided where the thread should go, there shouldn't be further debate about it.
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab

|Charles_Xavier|
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 7:53 pm
Org Profile

Thank you

Postby |Charles_Xavier| » Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:23 am

Arigatomyna wrote:
Why not just make it a rule that only japanese animation and japanese style games can be uploaded? Clear rules will relieve the frustratoin and the debate.


Yes, I agree!
|C_X|
No one get's left behind

User avatar
Arigatomina
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 3:04 am
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Arigatomina » Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:24 am

CaTaClYsM wrote:So since the powers that be have decided where the thread should go, there shouldn't be further debate about it.


I think it belongs here as well, and you're right, I've seen some non-anime vids get welcomed kindly depending on who posted the thread in this section. I've just seen a lot of others get flamed immediately (even the ones that used direct-only links) - depending on who made them. To me, if they're allowed to be listed, they should be announced here. So I guess we agree on that point. ^_^

User avatar
Arigatomina
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 3:04 am
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Thank you

Postby Arigatomina » Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:26 am

|Charles_Xavier| wrote:
Arigatomyna wrote:Why not just make it a rule that only japanese animation and japanese style games can be uploaded? Clear rules will relieve the frustratoin and the debate.

Yes, I agree!


But you know it won't happen - you've already asked. ^_^;; Phade just repeats the same thing each time.

The controversy shall never end... :?

User avatar
LightningCountX
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 8:35 am
Location: Bayside, NY Interests: Your Mom ^_^
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: SHeeesh!

Postby LightningCountX » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:32 am

CaTaClYsM wrote:
|Charles_Xavier| wrote:Sheesh, you guys are crankier than constipated old people! This board clearly says it's for self promoition. So that's what I did.



Without stopping to think that maybe you should use the AMV ANOUNCEMENT BOARD which is meant for *GASP* ANOUNCING AMVS!!!


but technically, this isnt a amv, its a cmv(cartoon music video)therefore...

User avatar
Bebop0083
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2002 4:27 pm
Status: That's What She Said.
Org Profile

Re: SHeeesh!

Postby Bebop0083 » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:52 am

LightningCountX wrote:but technically, this isnt a amv, its a cmv(cartoon music video)therefore...


i was wondering when some one was going to point that out. but dont worry about it SQ will probably report it on his daily amv round ups any way.

User avatar
Bebop0083
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2002 4:27 pm
Status: That's What She Said.
Org Profile

Postby Bebop0083 » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:53 am

my bad i ment to say non anime vids sorry for double post

User avatar
aura20
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 4:02 pm
Location: The World
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby aura20 » Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:18 pm

X-men is not anime. :?

User avatar
dbz_doomrider
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2002 9:29 am
Location: walmart
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby dbz_doomrider » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:11 am

Dear "Charles Xavier",

Hello. Alright, hold the phone.

This site is meant to archive anime music videos, am I right? Whether they suck or not, etc., Phade's idea was to find some area where all these works can be archived. As such, music videos which contain anime set to musical pieces of any form are the ONLY music videos that should technically be here. Again, that being said, even Video game music videos are sitting on the fence with this issue...but at least the art in the video games, is in general, that of japanese creation, with all the characteristics of anime...

X-men, in no way, shape, or form LOOKS like anime. When an X-..person opens their mouth, there is not just the colour pink inside. Huge sweat drops dont fly from the sky, people do not collapse stiffly out of nowhere at the sign of some strange comment. Their eyes do not do this: ^_^, this was drawn, created, and distributed firstly, and STRICTLY in America...although of course the comics are available in Japan I'm sure as well, as is the show. Okay? Good.

So, just like you aren't supposed to include Polish works in a library to archive the history of the city streets of New York , you aren't supposed to throw music videos set to normal American cartoons, on a site that has a clear cut purpose to archive ANIME music videos. An art is being preserved here, and it does not need to be tainted by the inclusion of different materials.

If my example made no sense, you can probably figure it out yourself. Just cut out this shi'ite, and end the display of non-anime music videos on this site, as well as their promotion/hosting. Take it somewhere else.

Thank you,

Ian
Image

User avatar
VegettoEX
Joined: Wed May 23, 2001 1:23 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby VegettoEX » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:19 am

Technically, the show was animated in Korea and Japan.

But when a show is animated for an American audience, it doesn't matter where it's created... it's American. It was conceived, scripted, storyboarded, etc. in America for an American audience. The fact that the animation job was outsourced has no relevance to an "It's anime!" argument.
:: [| Michael "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] - [| AnimeNEXT AMV Contest Coordinator |] ::
:: [| Daizenshuu EX (website/podcast) |] - [| AMV Profile |] ::
:: [| Latest Video: I'm Above The Age Of 10 And I Like Pokemon |] ::

User avatar
dbz_doomrider
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2002 9:29 am
Location: walmart
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby dbz_doomrider » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:44 am

There you go.
Image

User avatar
SSJVegita0609
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2002 10:52 pm
Location: Around...
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby SSJVegita0609 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:55 am

If you want to take it literally, since anime is simply french for animation, anything animated is anime, so how bout we let this thread die already?
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

User avatar
VegettoEX
Joined: Wed May 23, 2001 1:23 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby VegettoEX » Sun Dec 07, 2003 1:07 am

Because in the case of this site, "anime" is defined as "Japanese animation," which is anime created primarly and foremost for a Japanese audience ^^. I find it pretty silly that people try and jump around that issue just to get their videos hosted.

When people try and make excuses for EVERYTHING to be "anime," it just gets very counter-productive. Spend that time making anime music videos, instead ^^;;.
:: [| Michael "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] - [| AnimeNEXT AMV Contest Coordinator |] ::

:: [| Daizenshuu EX (website/podcast) |] - [| AMV Profile |] ::

:: [| Latest Video: I'm Above The Age Of 10 And I Like Pokemon |] ::

User avatar
dcdeveloperx
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2001 7:00 pm
Org Profile

Postby dcdeveloperx » Sun Dec 07, 2003 1:23 am

SSJVegita0609 wrote:If you want to take it literally, since anime is simply french for animation, anything animated is anime, so how bout we let this thread die already?


I 100 percent agree with that
Newest Video: Alone

User avatar
Shun
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2002 8:04 pm
Location: Decatur, IL
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Shun » Sun Dec 07, 2003 1:55 am

dbz_doomrider wrote:Dear "Charles Xavier",

Hello. Alright, hold the phone.

This site is meant to archive anime music videos, am I right? Whether they suck or not, etc., Phade's idea was to find some area where all these works can be archived. As such, music videos which contain anime set to musical pieces of any form are the ONLY music videos that should technically be here. Again, that being said, even Video game music videos are sitting on the fence with this issue...but at least the art in the video games, is in general, that of japanese creation, with all the characteristics of anime...

X-men, in no way, shape, or form LOOKS like anime. When an X-..person opens their mouth, there is not just the colour pink inside. Huge sweat drops dont fly from the sky, people do not collapse stiffly out of nowhere at the sign of some strange comment. Their eyes do not do this: ^_^, this was drawn, created, and distributed firstly, and STRICTLY in America...although of course the comics are available in Japan I'm sure as well, as is the show. Okay? Good.

So, just like you aren't supposed to include Polish works in a library to archive the history of the city streets of New York , you aren't supposed to throw music videos set to normal American cartoons, on a site that has a clear cut purpose to archive ANIME music videos. An art is being preserved here, and it does not need to be tainted by the inclusion of different materials.

If my example made no sense, you can probably figure it out yourself. Just cut out this shi'ite, and end the display of non-anime music videos on this site, as well as their promotion/hosting. Take it somewhere else.

Thank you,

Ian


IIRC part of the animation (or all) for x-men evolution is done in Japan. Obviously Xavier saw similarities and there for as he was told made the decision himself, as ari, the only person making sense currently, already pointed out.

P.S. If everyone is arguing the fact that this is a video announcement thread, why arnt you discussing the video being announced instead of nitpicking and taking the role of a backseat admin? Xavier has perfectly and clearly followed the rules.

I have previously viewed his Linkin park X-men video and it was quite good, so ill probly give this one a look in a few.


Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: vkamv and 2 guests