Please look at my X-Men Music Video

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Bebop0083
Org Profile

Re: SHeeesh!

Post by Bebop0083 » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:52 am

LightningCountX wrote: but technically, this isnt a amv, its a cmv(cartoon music video)therefore...
i was wondering when some one was going to point that out. but dont worry about it SQ will probably report it on his daily amv round ups any way.

Bebop0083
Org Profile

Post by Bebop0083 » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:53 am

my bad i ment to say non anime vids sorry for double post

aura20
Org Profile

Post by aura20 » Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:18 pm

X-men is not anime. :?

dbz_doomrider
Org Profile

Post by dbz_doomrider » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:11 am

Dear "Charles Xavier",

Hello. Alright, hold the phone.

This site is meant to archive anime music videos, am I right? Whether they suck or not, etc., Phade's idea was to find some area where all these works can be archived. As such, music videos which contain anime set to musical pieces of any form are the ONLY music videos that should technically be here. Again, that being said, even Video game music videos are sitting on the fence with this issue...but at least the art in the video games, is in general, that of japanese creation, with all the characteristics of anime...

X-men, in no way, shape, or form LOOKS like anime. When an X-..person opens their mouth, there is not just the colour pink inside. Huge sweat drops dont fly from the sky, people do not collapse stiffly out of nowhere at the sign of some strange comment. Their eyes do not do this: ^_^, this was drawn, created, and distributed firstly, and STRICTLY in America...although of course the comics are available in Japan I'm sure as well, as is the show. Okay? Good.

So, just like you aren't supposed to include Polish works in a library to archive the history of the city streets of New York , you aren't supposed to throw music videos set to normal American cartoons, on a site that has a clear cut purpose to archive ANIME music videos. An art is being preserved here, and it does not need to be tainted by the inclusion of different materials.

If my example made no sense, you can probably figure it out yourself. Just cut out this shi'ite, and end the display of non-anime music videos on this site, as well as their promotion/hosting. Take it somewhere else.

Thank you,

Ian

VegettoEX
Org Profile

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:19 am

Technically, the show was animated in Korea and Japan.

But when a show is animated for an American audience, it doesn't matter where it's created... it's American. It was conceived, scripted, storyboarded, etc. in America for an American audience. The fact that the animation job was outsourced has no relevance to an "It's anime!" argument.
:: [| Michael "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Website: Kanzenshuu |] ::
:: [| AMVs: Profile |] ::
:: [| Latest Video: Flashback (July 2022) |] ::

dbz_doomrider
Org Profile

Post by dbz_doomrider » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:44 am

There you go.

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:55 am

If you want to take it literally, since anime is simply french for animation, anything animated is anime, so how bout we let this thread die already?
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

VegettoEX
Org Profile

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Dec 07, 2003 1:07 am

Because in the case of this site, "anime" is defined as "Japanese animation," which is anime created primarly and foremost for a Japanese audience ^^. I find it pretty silly that people try and jump around that issue just to get their videos hosted.

When people try and make excuses for EVERYTHING to be "anime," it just gets very counter-productive. Spend that time making anime music videos, instead ^^;;.
:: [| Michael "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Website: Kanzenshuu |] ::
:: [| AMVs: Profile |] ::
:: [| Latest Video: Flashback (July 2022) |] ::

dcdeveloperx
Org Profile

Post by dcdeveloperx » Sun Dec 07, 2003 1:23 am

SSJVegita0609 wrote:If you want to take it literally, since anime is simply french for animation, anything animated is anime, so how bout we let this thread die already?
I 100 percent agree with that
Newest Video: Alone

Shun
Org Profile

Post by Shun » Sun Dec 07, 2003 1:55 am

dbz_doomrider wrote:Dear "Charles Xavier",

Hello. Alright, hold the phone.

This site is meant to archive anime music videos, am I right? Whether they suck or not, etc., Phade's idea was to find some area where all these works can be archived. As such, music videos which contain anime set to musical pieces of any form are the ONLY music videos that should technically be here. Again, that being said, even Video game music videos are sitting on the fence with this issue...but at least the art in the video games, is in general, that of japanese creation, with all the characteristics of anime...

X-men, in no way, shape, or form LOOKS like anime. When an X-..person opens their mouth, there is not just the colour pink inside. Huge sweat drops dont fly from the sky, people do not collapse stiffly out of nowhere at the sign of some strange comment. Their eyes do not do this: ^_^, this was drawn, created, and distributed firstly, and STRICTLY in America...although of course the comics are available in Japan I'm sure as well, as is the show. Okay? Good.

So, just like you aren't supposed to include Polish works in a library to archive the history of the city streets of New York , you aren't supposed to throw music videos set to normal American cartoons, on a site that has a clear cut purpose to archive ANIME music videos. An art is being preserved here, and it does not need to be tainted by the inclusion of different materials.

If my example made no sense, you can probably figure it out yourself. Just cut out this shi'ite, and end the display of non-anime music videos on this site, as well as their promotion/hosting. Take it somewhere else.

Thank you,

Ian
IIRC part of the animation (or all) for x-men evolution is done in Japan. Obviously Xavier saw similarities and there for as he was told made the decision himself, as ari, the only person making sense currently, already pointed out.

P.S. If everyone is arguing the fact that this is a video announcement thread, why arnt you discussing the video being announced instead of nitpicking and taking the role of a backseat admin? Xavier has perfectly and clearly followed the rules.

I have previously viewed his Linkin park X-men video and it was quite good, so ill probly give this one a look in a few.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”