Please look at my X-Men Music Video

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:42 am

Go into the All about me forums and count the number of threads that are about people anouncing their AMVs.
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:48 am

CaTaClYsM wrote:Go into the All about me forums and count the number of threads that are about people anouncing their AMVs.
But you said yourself that it isn't an amv, so why would he have to announce it in the amv forum? That makes no sense. If you can't talk about games in the 'Anime' section, why should you post non-anime vids in the anime vid section? I can see where he'd get confused and frustrated.

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:52 am

Arigatomyna wrote:
CaTaClYsM wrote:Go into the All about me forums and count the number of threads that are about people anouncing their AMVs.
But you said yourself that it isn't an amv, so why would he have to announce it in the amv forum? That makes no sense. If you can't talk about games in the 'Anime' section, why should you post non-anime vids in the anime vid section? I can see where he'd get confused and frustrated.
That's why I questioned. :?
ImageImage

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Sat Dec 06, 2003 2:08 am

Arigatomyna wrote:

because it's an MV, and he put it up for download. It's that simple.
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Sat Dec 06, 2003 2:38 am

CaTaClYsM wrote:because it's an MV, and he put it up for download. It's that simple.
And games are things you make videos out of the same as anime, and this cartoon is something you make videos out of the same as anime - by that logic, discussing games or this cartoon in 'General Anime' should be fine whether they're anime or not...since it's general discussion of something you make videos out of?

My problem is I know from his other posts that if he'd posted this thread here to begin with he'd have been told it should go in GOT or AAM since it isn't an anime vid. I get the feeling no matter where he posts, he's going to be told something different just so people can have a reason to prove him 'wrong' in his actions.

And I *still* don't see why his Xmen cartoon vid would be taken down - Phade said multiple times that anything with a similar animation style to 'anime' is considered anime whether it's Japanese made or not - and that it's up to the vid creator to determine whether or not the animation styles are similar enough to consider it anime. To paraphrase him from memory: "If the animation style is similar to anime, it's anime. If you can't tell if it's anime or not, don't upload." He never said an American cartoon is automatically 'non-anime'. But that's how people are acting. And since Phade owns the site you'd think people would go by his (however vague) definition of anime rather than their own when they yell at a vid for not being anime.

I feel very sorry for Xavier - according to Phade he isn't breaking rules by saying Xmen is similar enough in animation style for him to consider it anime. But he's still being punished and yelled at for making that decision on his own. If Phade wants to make the decision, that's fine - but so far he's left it to the vid creator to decide (if you don't know, don't upload - that doesn't say if someone else thinks it isn't, don't upload). And so Xavier has done just that (he's even had threads speaking to Phade - I've seen them). And yet people are still yelling at him and ignoring Phade's reply to him - "you decide".

Why not just make it a rule that only japanese animation and japanese style games can be uploaded? Clear rules will relieve the frustratoin and the debate. [But it won't happen - Phade has already heard this suggestion and merely repeated his 'if it's similar, it's anime/if you don't know don't upload' rule a number of times. Either have him change it, or go according to it.]

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:19 am

Well I guess I'm just special. I made my vid without use "TECHNICAL" anime, but the first thing I thought to do was put it in the anouncements board. Noone raised a fuss, noone had a problem with it, and noone took it down. And what people say doesn't matter, the Mods certainly didn't have any trouble deciding where to put it. So since the powers that be have decided where the thread should go, there shouldn't be further debate about it.

|Charles_Xavier|
Org Profile

Thank you

Post by |Charles_Xavier| » Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:23 am

Arigatomyna wrote:
Why not just make it a rule that only japanese animation and japanese style games can be uploaded? Clear rules will relieve the frustratoin and the debate.
Yes, I agree!
|C_X|
No one get's left behind

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:24 am

CaTaClYsM wrote:So since the powers that be have decided where the thread should go, there shouldn't be further debate about it.
I think it belongs here as well, and you're right, I've seen some non-anime vids get welcomed kindly depending on who posted the thread in this section. I've just seen a lot of others get flamed immediately (even the ones that used direct-only links) - depending on who made them. To me, if they're allowed to be listed, they should be announced here. So I guess we agree on that point. ^_^

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Re: Thank you

Post by Arigatomina » Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:26 am

|Charles_Xavier| wrote:
Arigatomyna wrote:Why not just make it a rule that only japanese animation and japanese style games can be uploaded? Clear rules will relieve the frustratoin and the debate.
Yes, I agree!
But you know it won't happen - you've already asked. ^_^;; Phade just repeats the same thing each time.

The controversy shall never end... :?

LightningCountX
Org Profile

Re: SHeeesh!

Post by LightningCountX » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:32 am

CaTaClYsM wrote:
|Charles_Xavier| wrote:Sheesh, you guys are crankier than constipated old people! This board clearly says it's for self promoition. So that's what I did.

Without stopping to think that maybe you should use the AMV ANOUNCEMENT BOARD which is meant for *GASP* ANOUNCING AMVS!!!
but technically, this isnt a amv, its a cmv(cartoon music video)therefore...

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”