Please look at my X-Men Music Video

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Shun
Org Profile

Post by Shun » Sun Dec 07, 2003 1:59 am

VegettoEX wrote:Because in the case of this site, "anime" is defined as "Japanese animation," which is anime created primarly and foremost for a Japanese audience ^^. I find it pretty silly that people try and jump around that issue just to get their videos hosted.

When people try and make excuses for EVERYTHING to be "anime," it just gets very counter-productive. Spend that time making anime music videos, instead ^^;;.
While everyone else is making excuses for EVERTHING to not be "anime". Phade has told xavier what to do guys, quite frankly none of our opionions matter. Phade as set the rule as to what is allowed and carrying on an argument like this will never help.

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Sun Dec 07, 2003 3:03 am

I agree, the mods moved the thread and what needs to be discussed has been discussed, the powers that be have decided about the video so if you have a problem take it up with them.
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab

|Charles_Xavier|
Org Profile

Listen louder!!!!!

Post by |Charles_Xavier| » Sun Dec 07, 2003 6:06 pm

Alright, enough. Hosting has never been an issue here. I came with my own host. Phade's policy should be made clearer. If he wants the videos removed from the server or the site, I have no problem with that. But I don't think he wishes this. However I know that many of you wish this.

I see nothing wrong with this being a venue for "anime" only. That's great. I saw this site as a video site in general, as some one else has told me, with a focus on anime. Some of you are not satisfied with that and want an anime only policy. Well that isn't your decision to make, but your input may matter to Phade if you care to voice it to him, rather than to people like me who want to contribute for the love of the art.

Personally I never considered X-Men Evolution to be anime. However I consider anime to be cartoons in that it is animated (but not all cartoons are anime). Because my previous postings to the donut are still there I got the impression that it was OK.

Those of you who are against this should write Phade and ask him to remove my videos from the donut. I and others have already done this and got no reply. I gather this to mean that Phade doesn't care if it's anime, as long as it's animated.

But if you guys scream loud enough, perhaps he will make a policy and get rid of all non-anime on this site. Or perhaps he will just ignore you harder.
|C_X|
No one get's left behind

VegettoEX
Org Profile

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Dec 07, 2003 7:01 pm

Uhh... way to be rude...

Last I heard, there was an overwhelming number of non-anime videos, to the point where Phade's just not ready to go through them all yet. There will eventually be a pruning process with removal of said videos, and those that further break the site rules will actually have to face the consequences. This was all spelled out in some particular thread that I can't remember.

And not to return the high-hat attitude, because I mean it in all honesty... but when you visited the site... didn't you notice you were visiting ANIMEmusicvideos.org? Sure, you can bring up the age-old argument of "What defines anime?"... but unless you're just looking for a cheap way out to host your video, with just a hint of common sense, you'll know what defines "anime" in the traditional sense.
:: [| Michael "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Website: Kanzenshuu |] ::
:: [| AMVs: Profile |] ::
:: [| Latest Video: Flashback (July 2022) |] ::

Shun
Org Profile

Post by Shun » Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:10 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Uhh... way to be rude...

Last I heard, there was an overwhelming number of non-anime videos, to the point where Phade's just not ready to go through them all yet. There will eventually be a pruning process with removal of said videos, and those that further break the site rules will actually have to face the consequences. This was all spelled out in some particular thread that I can't remember.

And not to return the high-hat attitude, because I mean it in all honesty... but when you visited the site... didn't you notice you were visiting ANIMEmusicvideos.org? Sure, you can bring up the age-old argument of "What defines anime?"... but unless you're just looking for a cheap way out to host your video, with just a hint of common sense, you'll know what defines "anime" in the traditional sense.
Hes not being rude dude, he was actually being very calm about the situation. Many of his vids are on direct download as he mentioned before, there for simply looking for a cheap host wasnt the problem. HE defined anime for himself, and that is all that phade requires. NONE of the rules say you should ask others first. Phade, the owner of this site, has made the rules. He has talked to phade concerning the issue *before* he uploaded. So phade wouldnt have to delete a pre-existing video, he could of just said "No", the fact is he *Didnt't*. So if there are ANY problems we should leave it to him and phade, it is not our place to decide. Howver as i said before, this *is* video announcement thread, not a dispute on whats anime and whats not. Soooo...

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”