Newbie with a new video

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Andymion
Org Profile

Newbie with a new video

Post by Andymion » Sun Aug 11, 2002 10:24 pm

A few of you may have already seen my name pop up in the AMV egroups list...

Well, you aren't safe here, either!

Hey, all, my name is Andymion, and I'm advertising my second AMV, HERO. The song is "Hero" from the Spiderman soundtrack, and the clips are from Kenshin. The file is about 17 megs, in WMV (advanced windows media) format. The spoilers are minimal, as are the special effects. I'm still learning!

http://andymion.cartoonhit.com

I can't afford my own domain, so I am at the mercy of web1000.com's service and their restrictions. The video is also available at:

http://www.angelfire.com/music4/andymion

On the first site, the link to get the video is one of the only pictures on the index page, and it's not my site banner. :) (It's the picture of Kenshin and Saitoh fighting!) On the angelfire site, I think it's just a text link...

Smooth Criminal (my first video and set to scenes from Noir) is also on the cartoonhit.com site. But I don't care if anyone ever sees that one. :-P

Please, look at it and give me some feedback. Tell me what I could do better, or something I can try next time (I'm gearing up for my third video, and want feedback on this one before I start the next).

Thanks for checking it out, and I hope to be hearing from people soon!

-Andy//mion//

leathelanime
Org Profile

Post by leathelanime » Mon Aug 12, 2002 8:55 am

another SC video.....There are much more better AAF songs than SC and MOVIES!!!!

Andymion
Org Profile

Post by Andymion » Mon Aug 12, 2002 10:45 pm

Believe me, the "Smooth Criminal" video was made before I even knew that this site existed (thus, didn't know that there were something like 20 SC vids in the DB). I've never even heard any other AAF song, I just knew it was a remake of an old MJ song I liked 15 years ago.

... but did you watch the video that I *WAS* trying to get people see (HERO)?

-Andy//mion//

leathelanime
Org Profile

Post by leathelanime » Tue Aug 13, 2002 4:17 am

point taken

shinto
Org Profile

Post by shinto » Tue Aug 13, 2002 5:34 pm

haha it seems your angelfire site has been removed, i hope they dont do that to mine
*Shinto*

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt like elerberries!! I fart in your general direction!" ~Monty Python and the Holy Grail~

*Sephi the red nosed bad guy.
Had a very shiny nose..*

Andymion
Org Profile

Post by Andymion » Tue Aug 13, 2002 9:23 pm

Better watch out, they might.

Damn angelfire. I was only exceeding my daily bandwidth every day!

I may be able to get it on an ftp server soon... I'll let y'all know as soon as I can get to it.

-Andy//mion//

Andymion
Org Profile

Post by Andymion » Tue Aug 13, 2002 10:29 pm

Okay, the angelfire site is gone... on the cartoonhit.com site, if the file comes as an html file, or it says 'file not found' try it again... I've heard nothing about exceeding my bandwidth yet, so I'm guessing things are still cool. If it doesn't come up the first time, keep trying.

Sorry about all this.

-Andy//mion//

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”