A War in my Pocket (Gundam 0080 AMV)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Zeonic Freak
Org Profile

A War in my Pocket (Gundam 0080 AMV)

Post by Zeonic Freak » Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:49 am

This was supposed to come out as a Christmas video, but circumstances like Jack Frost and Mother Nature made my Christmas weekend a living hell, so that didn't happen. Now it's being released on my birthday today. I'm 37, meaning that as of 20 years ago to this day I made my first AMV (that I posted months ago here: https://youtu.be/EGHi96Y31n0 ). Interesting enough, my first video and now this one are both Gundam related, isn't that something.

So the idea to use Gundam 0080 and "Waiting on a War" by the Foo Fighters came to me about almost 2 years ago when I heard the song on a local rock station when I was driving to get some stuff for work. The song instantly struck me, and all I could think about was "what anime would go well with this." The first that came to my mind and sticked for the longest time was Gundam 0080. I kicked the idea in my head for well over a year and a half wanting to someday tackle it.

So fast forward to 2022 with Project Org Editor and the Round 3 theme was related to kids and innocence or whatever, and that was the motivation to get off my duff and make this video. Thing was it had to be done within a week. Needless to say, I got it pretty much done and ready to be streamed before Thanksgiving, and it turned out pretty darn good for something that was rushed. I came back and tweaked the video just about an hour or so ago (as when I wrote this) and i'm content on the final product as much as I can be.

The story is a good summary of the OVA series in how Al looses his childhood innocense because of the One Year War happening in his little corner of the Earth Sphere. War to most kids (including myself growing up) was a game, and now that im older I have a greater understanding of how war really does effect lives. I'll stand on saying that Gundam 0080 embodies that fully, and to me is the BEST gundam property out there. If you haven't seen it, go and see it! It's my personal best Christmas anime.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”