my P.O.E. vids (rounds 1-3)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
SynaesthesiaVideos
Org Profile

my P.O.E. vids (rounds 1-3)

Post by SynaesthesiaVideos » Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:10 am

Round 1: Villains

Daki's fight with Tanjiro/Nezuko was one of my favorite parts of Demon Slayer season 2, so I thought this would be a good excuse to make an action edit with it. For some reason I had The Birthday Massacre stuck in my head at the time I started getting ideas, so I just went with that and picked a suitable song for Daki. I cut the song down to a reasonable length (took out an instrumental section in the middle) and started throwing clips on my timeline. I've been wanting to get better at action editing and internal sync so I tried to focus on that more than the narrative. I added a LUT to the vid to enhance the 'dark' atmosphere I was going for.

Round 2: Drawn together

(went on holiday)

Round 3: Grown up

This one was more of a challenge for me, since it was gonna be more of a 'storytelling' amv (one of my bigger weaknesses). Disarm was an easy choice since its been a favorite of mine for over 20 years, and chose to focus on the mother/son relationship between Ariel and Maquia. I like non-linear storytelling so I tried to stay away from just recapping the movie and focus on the lyrics and how they relate to the characters. Not sure if the end result has any kind of coherent narrative but I feel I got the flow of the song pretty well.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”