Oki Doki Loli

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Averex8
Org Profile

Oki Doki Loli

Post by Averex8 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:44 am

The idea for this popped into my head out of nowhere after I heard Oki Doki Boomer. It's an amusing little action AMV with a little something thrown in at the very end. It's been years since I made an AMV. Fells nice to make one again.

vkamv
Org Profile

Re: Oki Doki Loli

Post by vkamv » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:28 pm

I have never seen this anime so didn't quite know what to expect going in. It was interesting to say the least and held my attention throughout, even though it was short that doesn't always guarantee it can't get dull. The choice of effects was also peculiar. Not sure what exactly you were trying to convey with that style if anything but it was interesting. And the "shock" at the end didn't disappoint even if it was rather quick.

Averex8
Org Profile

Re: Oki Doki Loli

Post by Averex8 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:27 pm

Thanks for the feedback. There actually is a little bit of a story to it believe or not. But honestly I just wanted to put this anime to Oki Doki Boomer. Why? I have no idea lol. The idea was completely random. Story explanation: The song is based on the phrase "ok boomer", which, if you didn't know, is an internet phrase used to dismiss old people or sometimes just adults (depending on the situation). Here the adult (boomer) challenges the little girl to a fight, but the girl is also smug and thinks she'll win easily (ok boomer). The adult is actually the one who wins easily and then mocks her (ok loli > oki doki loli). The effects are just to denote the fact that she doesn't stand a chance and they get worse the more she gets hit.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”