Gunbuster AMV "Space Monsters"

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
SynaesthesiaVideos
Org Profile

Gunbuster AMV "Space Monsters"

Post by SynaesthesiaVideos » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:48 am

I've been wanting to make a really space-y 80's AMV with this track for a while, so when PopCult announced their theme this year was Retro videos I took that as a sign that I should try editing this vid. I chose Gunbuster because I'm familiar with the anime, and it has the kind of retro sci-fi vibes I was looking for.

vivafruit
Org Profile

Re: Gunbuster AMV "Space Monsters"

Post by vivafruit » Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:27 am

The highlight of this one for me was near the very end around 3:00 when the refrain hits and the giant space bug blows up. The segment has a pretty unique emotional punch that I don't remember seeing anywhere else. As funny as it sounds, "sad explosions" is an aesthetic that I think might be underexplored. Seeing unambiguously happy celebration clips afterwards (like at 3:25) deepens the general vibe further. There's a sense that the day was won, but not without huge struggle and sacrifice.

Anyway that was way more emotionally affecting than an amv called "Space Monsters" had any right to be. Great job (?).

SynaesthesiaVideos
Org Profile

Post by SynaesthesiaVideos » Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:57 am

vivafruit wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:27 am
There's a sense that the day was won, but not without huge struggle and sacrifice.
indeed. this video is supposed to make you think "who are the real space monsters? is it us??"

thanks, as always for commenting!

Megamom
Org Profile

Post by Megamom » Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:02 am

Woow Thanks bro... All India Radio has a new fan!! I really liked the atmosphere of this, especially at the end!!
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”