INDUSTRY BABY - Lil Asuka X feat. Mari Makinami

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Elzdino
Org Profile

INDUSTRY BABY - Lil Asuka X feat. Mari Makinami

Post by Elzdino » Thu May 12, 2022 6:46 pm

Me and my friends worked together on an AMV :~) Thank you for watching.

seasons
Org Profile

Re: INDUSTRY BABY - Lil Asuka X feat. Mari Makinami

Post by seasons » Sat May 21, 2022 10:12 am

The internal sync AND lyric sync in this was pretty good. I liked the construction of it, giving the first verse to Asuka clips and the second to clips of Mari made it feel structured and gave it a sense of logic that kept it from feeling too random or unfocused. Ending felt a little abrupt but maybe that's inevitable unless you edit the whole song, which turns out is a lot longer than I was expecting for a Lil Nas X track.

I'm not really into the spinning and zooming transitions but that's my personal taste. Kind of wonder if this video even needed them at all. They do add motion and visual energy to the video. They also make it feel like one of MANY other videos I've seen before. As if it's required or even possible to make an AMV that completely escapes that reaction, I'm not really sure.

You made this with friends? Have you ever made a video alone? Do you like collaborating with other people?

Elzdino
Org Profile

Re: INDUSTRY BABY - Lil Asuka X feat. Mari Makinami

Post by Elzdino » Sun May 22, 2022 9:31 pm

Thanks >:D - I did the initial sequencing with ideas from my partner. And then my friend who's good at After Effects came in to do the transition effects. Here is the old sequence without effects:. https://youtu.be/ZCgAnl55cJE

I get what you mean about the abrupt ending, I justify it because I think this is all that is needed to convey the idea before it gets stale.. but I suppose if I made it longer, the next part would be with clips of Asuka and Mari together.

I get what you mean if some transitions are too much, but I was more fond of the after effects version in the end. I found it fun to collaborate, because it lead to a video that no one of us could have made on our own.

See my other Evangelion AMV below, just by myself, but another friend of mine did the video feedback effects for the intro and outro. I haven't publicized it very much yet because I am unsure if it is finished or if it needs further improvement.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”