Before summer begins...

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
SynaesthesiaVideos
Org Profile

Before summer begins...

Post by SynaesthesiaVideos » Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:10 am

I started editing this right after watching the final episode of Akebi's Sailor Uniform, which is one of the most beautifully animated episodes I've ever seen. I didn't have much of a plan other than to make an AMV that showcases the dancing animation, with an emphasis on sunny springtime vibes, set to the music of Snail's House. I picked this song because it has the kind of whimsy that matches the show, and it has both piano and violin sections.

I spent the majority of April editing this, but only a few times a week and about 15-45 min at a time. I wanted this to be a very "mindless" edit where I didn't really think about it at all and just edited where the vibes took me :shrug:

The_McLaughlin
Org Profile

Re: Before summer begins...

Post by The_McLaughlin » Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:38 pm

For it being a "mindless edit" I enjoyed this video. I haven't seen the show so I'm not sure if it is at all like the show but the editing, scene selection, and music kind of gave it a nice relaxing vibe that I though was really nice. Internal sync was really nice as well.

SynaesthesiaVideos
Org Profile

Post by SynaesthesiaVideos » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:32 pm

The_McLaughlin wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:38 pm
For it being a "mindless edit" I enjoyed this video. I haven't seen the show so I'm not sure if it is at all like the show but the editing, scene selection, and music kind of gave it a nice relaxing vibe that I though was really nice. Internal sync was really nice as well.
I'd say the show has pretty much the same vibe as the vid. And thanks! I'm glad it's getting such good reception :D

Megamom
Org Profile

Post by Megamom » Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:01 pm

Although the idea is simple the execution is perfect, you know what I think my bro!! 5/5 ❤
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”