Waifu Division Rap Battle - Glory or Dust

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
SpuddStaaa
Org Profile

Waifu Division Rap Battle - Glory or Dust

Post by SpuddStaaa » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:21 am

Video: Waifu Division Rap Battle
Category: Fun
Anime: Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV), Love Live! Sunshine!! (TV), Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru (TV), Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai (TV), etc. (+15)
Song: Glory or Dust
Artist: HYPNOSISMIC
Creator: LeetHaxorPotatoGod

I've never really watched AMVs before nor did i get the appeal, but I was going to AX in the summer and thought it would be fun to make something small to enter. I've never really made an AMV before so I kinda winged everything. Maybe I'll do more of these in the future or get into AMV contests if I learn people liked what I did. It took me a while to make this one and I've seen people submitting multiple AMVs per contest, so maybe I'm doing something wrong. Though I guess most my time was spent learning how to edit in after effects so maybe next time I'll be faster.

Last edited by SpuddStaaa on Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ACEN/PMX AMV Coordinator

and amv maker youtube.com/@spuddstaaa

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Re: Waifu Division Rap Battle - Glory or Dust

Post by Zarxrax » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:55 am

That was pretty good, I especially liked some of the rap poses and motions that characters did. You also did a good job of the pace of the visuals keeping up with the fast paced song. One thing you might want to consider in the future is editing your song down to a shorter length, especially if there is not much variation in the content like this. That is something that depends on your preference though.

SpuddStaaa
Org Profile

Post by SpuddStaaa » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:22 am

Well the song is edited down by a minute and a half already so I could incorporate only the four main group vocals from the anime. Was worried people would hear the audio cut but seems I'm safe.
ACEN/PMX AMV Coordinator

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:21 am

Pretty well done. I thought the text looked nice. The sources worked well together. I did not notice any audio edits, but then again I've never heard this song in my life.

This video isn't for me and I don't understand any of it at all so that's about the limits of what I have to add here but overall I thought you pulled this off pretty well.

SpuddStaaa
Org Profile

Post by SpuddStaaa » Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:12 pm

seasons wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:21 am
Pretty well done. I thought the text looked nice. The sources worked well together. I did not notice any audio edits, but then again I've never heard this song in my life.

This video isn't for me and I don't understand any of it at all so that's about the limits of what I have to add here but overall I thought you pulled this off pretty well.
Appreciated it. The lyrics are just the lyrics that showed up in the music video. If anything they were done to add some flair to the overall AMV. I do however notice some flaws such as people don't know that I'm grouping people up or know who's in each group initially, so the chorus doesn't really make much sense the first watch. I also learned what is considered a corporate logo that could get me in trouble so I've already made my own logo to compensate maybe fix that.
ACEN/PMX AMV Coordinator

Dragonrider1227
Org Profile

Post by Dragonrider1227 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:57 pm

wow, for someone who had never made or seen an AMV before, this was pretty good.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”