Hisoyakani (Words Bubble Up Like Soda Pop)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
ShadeTheNovice
Org Profile

Hisoyakani (Words Bubble Up Like Soda Pop)

Post by ShadeTheNovice » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:33 am

Wanted to make a more relaxed AMV while incorporating some of the process and editing choices of the editor Truth Crab after watching CrackTheSky's interview with him. Not super proud of the final product, but am satisfied, and I've learned quite a bit from the whole thing, so I'm overall happy with it. Hope you enjoy!

seasons
Org Profile

Re: Hisoyakani (Words Bubble Up Like Soda Pop)

Post by seasons » Sat May 28, 2022 2:57 pm

I'm waiting until I watch this movie before I watch any AMVs made with it.

This will happen eventually.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:09 pm

I'm glad I held off on this until watching the movie because this is packed with spoilers, not giving away plot points so much as previewing certain moments that I'm glad I was still able to be surprised by in the film.

The song captures the mood of these scenes pretty well or at least it resonates with certain aspects of it.

The opening shot of this and the opening 30 seconds convey a pastoral and solitary kind of mood that I really loved. The song still vibes with the more emotional moments of the AMV, but I liked these scenes where very little was really happening at all, which the AMV kind of abandons in its final minute.

That being said, there's some really nice sync in the last segment of this that's satisfying and never feels forced, and the conclusion is so pleasant and sweet that it's impossible not to enjoy.

vivafruit
Org Profile

Post by vivafruit » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:09 am

I’ve come back to this a few times now. I love how much emotion is conveyed with so few cuts, and the feeling of wistful calm that comes over me after it’s done. My edits have been getting more and more cut heavy and this amv makes me want to try something more pared back.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”